Season is officially over...what now?

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I am excited for this years draft! I will get to go to bed at 10pm after finding out we traded the first round pick instead of midnight

Reaction score
FIRE CAPERS!
Now we need to crush our Drive 400 yards into the Fairway and go out and get our next Antonio Freeman in the draft. I wouldn't be afraid to take another huge swing from the fairway with a
"2-wood" to get her onto the green in 2, while still early into the second round with a substantial LB that's already polished (provided one of our prospects is there). Particularly if a good fit slides from the back of the first round into the forefront of the second round.
We also need a first tier, veteran Corner through the FA market to chip onto the green with some precision (so we don't roll into the sandtrap again this year)
Grab me a Putter... so we can flip back to Offense and get us a nice shot at Birdie in the middle of the 3rd round by selecting at either OG or TE depending on best available (hold the flag just in case please)
Then we have a gob of picks that we can use to compete at the other positions of need.
Let's do this!

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The 2017 is another wasted year of Rodgers dwindling career. Everything the Packers now do should be with the 2018 season in mind. While they should play hard to win, they should give their young players more reps such as Montravius and Davis. The Packers need to make major changes and in order to do so wisely, they need to evaluate their roster.
The roster gets evaluated EVERY year.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only silver lining is that they got it over with sooner than in recent ones past.
Yet I'm frustrated with the fact that we have to wait another whole year to see if we can get excited again.
Forget about these meaningless last two pre-season during reg. season games.
Yeah, it's time to move on but the only way I can get excited about moving on is if they take a cue and see just how lousy they are without Rodgers and do something about that.
But instead I expect them to be the same ol' Packers since they refuse to really make any moves in the defense area.
Unless they do that expect to see great season, blow it in playoffs, repeat year after year.
Our bragging rights on how great this team is, are fading into the dust.
So sick of these SB droughts.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, it's time to move on but the only way I can get excited about moving on is if they take a cue and see just how lousy they are without Rodgers and do something about that.
That's a great sentence right there, I completely agree.

But instead I expect them to be the same ol' Packers since they refuse to really make any moves in the defense area.
They've made moves in the defensive area. They let Hayward go, Peppers go, Hyde go, even let House go although they got him back. We'll see if he's on the team next year.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
When guys like Hayward and Hyde are making the Pro Bowl elsewhere, and Peppers is putting up sack numbers that exceed what he did here, it would seem to me that other DC’s are finding significant value in our castoffs. Time for us to get a new DC.

I’m beginning to think that we may be closer talent-wise on defense than most of us realize, compared to the talent level of other teams. I’m readjusting my thinking on the draft to get 2 receivers, one being a TE, with our first 4 draft picks and getting two more defenders in the first four rounds. I think we are still one talented guy light in every position group on defense.

I’m of course expecting continued improvement from guys like King, Jones, Biegel and Adams on defense and Williams, Jones, Davis, Spriggs, Callahan and Montgomery on offense.

With 11 draft picks and maybe a few free agents re-signing/signing, I think we’ll be well-stocked for the 2018 season.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
When guys like Hayward and Hyde are making the Pro Bowl elsewhere, and Peppers is putting up sack numbers that exceed what he did here, it would seem to me that other DC’s are finding significant value in our castoffs. Time for us to get a new DC.

I’m beginning to think that we may be closer talent-wise on defense than most of us realize, compared to the talent level of other teams. I’m readjusting my thinking on the draft to get 2 receivers, one being a TE, with our first 4 draft picks and getting two more defenders in the first four rounds. I think we are still one talented guy light in every position group on defense.

I’m of course expecting continued improvement from guys like King, Jones, Biegel and Adams on defense and Williams, Jones, Davis, Spriggs, Callahan and Montgomery on offense.

With 11 draft picks and maybe a few free agents re-signing/signing, I think we’ll be well-stocked for the 2018 season.

Well that's just it. We're a few really good moves from being in a really good spot. I'm just not convinced Thompson will get it done but he surprised me a little last offseason.

Members online

Latest posts