Rouse an upgrade over Collins?

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Needs to tackle instead of just hitting people, but he's playing pretty well, especially given these are his first two starts. The real test for him will come against Detroit's solid passing attack.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he is a very good Safety, but I wouldn't say better than Collins. I think Collins is just a level better than Rouse, but considering this is Rouse first 2 starts he is playing great.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He looks like he's been playing quite well in his first 2 starts, making some big plays today. What do you guys think?

He's definitely not bad. Had one pick and almost a second.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
should have caught that second one i was right in that end zone and it was in his hands, collins hasnt caught one all year so ****...this kid may have the job to lose if he can keep making plays...

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rouse is only going to get better, and I love the tenacity he plays with.

I was watching Al Harris when he got beat by Drew Carter today, and he stayed in his face. We need our secondary to be like that---but not like Ahmad Carroll though. You have to have actual skill.

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He may be... we'll have to see how he progresses and how consistent he can be. I like Collins a lot and think he's played well. So the way I'm looking at things we've potentially got 3 young safeties that can play.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hasn't really been tested yet though. Vinny at age 44, with all due respect, is not going to make many big plays and Bollinger isn't much either. Now the Lions passing attack is going to be a huge test for our safeties cause they'll test em all game long.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rouse is the real deal. He plays smart and yet aggressively. Collins has a great deal of trouble covering and he's not a great tackler either. I think
Rouse is the guy whose job it will be.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rouse is very good and quick i think he will be good against the lions for that reason not afraid to go after them it's good to know we have safties that can be playmakers rouse is just alittle bit better than collins

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
I believe it's a toss up after yesterday's game. I do believe Collins is a little bit better, but Rouse is a rookie and has only started two games, so the upside would seem much better with Rouse. I love his 6'4 frame. It may be his job to lose.

However, I definitely see Collins back in when he's healthy, unless Rouse plays lights out the next week or two.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rouse's inexperience would make him riskier. I don't think we know yet what Rouse truly has to offer the team. We have to see how he develops. Collins has been inches away from making plays all season. They'll come for him in bursts though, once he's healthy again.

Nice problem to have, 3 safeties who I want to see out on the field.

OP
OP
E

EarthQuake

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he'll really be tested the next two weeks, i say if he plays mistake free and makes a few more plays against detroit and dallas you gotta keep the kid in there.

Members online

No members online now.