Prayers for Buffalo Bills defensive back Damar Hamlin

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The reports are rather vague but it appears he has made progress over night.

I'm hoping for the best, but my gut is telling me it's not good. There's has been very little to come out and that's not really a good sign. We've seen all sorts of horrific injuries over the years and there is usually some comment on movement, feeling, alert, responding to voices etc that comes out.

I am rescinding my earlier post, I no longer think it was a rare contact initiated arrhythmia that he had. There are reports he had a 2nd arrest at the hospital, that makes that scenario highly unlikely. 2nd Vfib even in old and unhealthy is generally restored almost 100% if done in first few minutes and CV function carries on. It didn't in this case and it should have, if this is what they were dealing with.

Hopefully we get some good news today.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and as I was typing they have released that he's been awake and able to grip family member's hands. That is very welcomed news. As badly as I felt that night, I feel equal joy having just read that. Excellent news.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Sounds like he is awake and very much improved. Press conference with updates happening soon.

- Awake
- Has retained his neurological functions
- Moving hands and feet
- Still in surgical ICU and has to progress much further
- Still monitoring individual organ recovery
- The immediate bystander CPR he received on the field....is what saved him and why they are very optimistic on his recovery.
- Tube still in, so he is communicating by writing
- He asked doctors "Who won the game?"
- Too early to discuss where he is headed in recovery, 1 step at a time.

Last edited:

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like he is awake and very much improved. Press conference with updates happening soon.

- Awake
- Has retained his neurological functions
- Moving hands and feet
- Still in surgical ICU and has to progress much further
- Still monitoring individual organ recovery
- The immediate bystander CPR he received on the field....is what saved him and why they are very optimistic on his recovery.
- Tube still in, so he is communicating by writing
- He asked doctors "Who won the game?"
- Too early to discuss where he is headed in recovery, 1 step at a time.
He asked, who won the game. Crazy right?:)

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
He asked, who won the game. Crazy right?:)
A bit, but a good sign that he remembered it. Both doctors that spoke at the presser were pretty upbeat, but thankfully did not make predictions. They just said that they are taking it day by day and so far his progress is good.

Reaction score
A bit, but a good sign that he remembered it. Both doctors that spoke at the presser were pretty upbeat, but thankfully did not make predictions. They just said that they are taking it day by day and so far his progress is good.
I once tried to move an old stove out from the corner of a kitchen because something fell behind it.
I electrocuted myself and dropped to the floor unconscious.

My roommate at the time came into the room thinking I was napping and made some sly remarks about me being lazy before coming to grips that I needed CPR! When I woke up at the hospital I don’t ever remember a single person donating to my charities and when I came back to life I distinctly recall asking for a beer. Everyone thought that was the funniest thing. Is this wrong?

He’ll be alright. One previously dead guy to another he’ll be fine if he asked about the game.