1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Please TED why are you destroying our team

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Fantasy~Freak*4*Life, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Aytumious

Aytumious Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What kind of argument is that? You can't put together an entire 53 man roster in a couple of offseasons. Of course they would be in the running for the #1 pick with only TT guys on the field.

Fortunately, that wasn't TTs job. His job was to retain the good players already on the roster and build a team that can win now and in the future. He's done an exceptional job of that so far.
  2. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OMG, can you a believe another i told you so thread
  3. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    I would also add there is not a GM in the league that wouldn not agree that Ted's roster coming in was extremely weak to put it mildly. Yes, he had a few good players with the emphasis on few.

When you name about ten good players on a roster your in deep crap. They obviously weren't enough on their own to make up a viable starting lineup now were they? Or did you forget how recent it was we were 4-12?

No, Ted didn't have anything to do with the fact he had to deal with an aging offense (as in Flanny, Rivera, Hondo, Green, etc,), nor did adding Pickett, Woodson, Collins, Bigby, Rouse, Hawk, Poppinga, Bush, etc., bring up our defense, or finding replacements for BOTH kickers.

Nah, the guys had a CAKE WALK! I mean he had Kampy( who didn't come into his own until the last couple of years), Wells (who never started until who got here?), Donald(yeah that position so many here wanted TT fired over not addressing, remember?)

Your right. TT should THANK THE LUCKY STARS he had those seven or eight guys that could actually play a little football when he got here. You know, every team is going to have some resemblance of a nucleus.

But don't try to hide the fact ours was the size of an ameba.
  4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Sherman came in here with a boatload of talent, and i feel underachieved in the end, after several seasons. He came in with a team FULL of talent, capable of winning it all. Lots of regular season wins, but nothing in the playoffs. We have yet to see if this team can do anything in the playoffs. But we went from 4-12, to 8-8, to now 10-1 with everything ahead. I'd say thats one hell of an improvement.....especially since all the "TT is rebuilding and throwing away Favre's final years" crap we heard over and over and over. I'd say the rebuilding IS true, as it was necessary as most of the guys were way past their prime. But look where we are now! Will we win it all? I don't know.......there is a small bump in the road known as the Patriots, that so far NO ONE has been able to beat. So we will see what happens. But to say TT hasn't accomplished a HUGE thing so far, is just looking for reasons to still hate him. We have won 14 of the last 15 games we played..............you don't get that just by luck.
    TT, who brought in MM, and MANY players might have SOMETHING to do with it.
  5. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    These people made their beds. Now it's time to take a nap in it.

Maybe you should lie down.
  6. Fuzznuts

Fuzznuts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Should I bring back all of the "Favre is washed up".."Favre is hurting the team"..."Favre should be traded" ....and my personal favorite "Favre is holding the team hostage" threads?

I think quite a few people would need to lie down over those threads, but I don't see too many people issuing apologies to Favre regarding all the stuff they said. :stop:
  7. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My exact thoughts Fuzznuts, thank you !!
  8. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    that is what i am talking about!!!!!!

Best post EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I stood by Favre all along. I know there were those that thought he was washed up. I never saw it that way, and he proved me, and many others here as correct.
    There's nothing wrong with someone saying "I told you so" on either side of the arguments.......Favre, OR Ted Thompson.
    If either were doing bad, you can BET the other side would do saying "I told you so!"
    To me, it has ALWAYS been.........if you are willing to dish it out, you had better be willing to take it.
    If you make statements, and are proven wrong, just man up and admit it. To me, that shows you are a bigger man.
    But thats just my twisted view i guess.
    I have been proven wrong on things, and although it's not fun, when you are wrong, you are wrong.
  10. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Fuzznuts is right.

It's all getting old though. The ones who stuck with Favre just see it pointless as saying "I told you so" over and over again though. That's why we don't bring back these old threads any more.

We're beating a dead horse here.

TT is good.
    Favre is good.
    MM is good.
    The Packers are good.

Now, that said, let's root for our team to win the SB.
  11. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    you should be able to post your opinions, and not be called jagoff, retard, or any other name.
  12. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Here is just a couple of examples of posts expecting the continued struggles of Favre... should he (sorry Trom, just an example) be able to enjoy the season Brett is having?

See how silly that sounds? It has been a brillant season so far.. why continue that BS.

13. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sure he should, we all should, but why bring up past threads, threads that are 6 months old?

I tried to change my style of posting, believe me , I wanted to shred that guy so many times, he does not offer anything to this forum.

you call the guy on something, and like always, he just starts hurling insults.
  14. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    DH... everyone is wrong at times.. and I agree.. the digging up old threads and shoving someone's face in it, is just as classless as the Pats going for it on 4 and 2 .. up by 35.
  15. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I agree.......some things are uncalled for. I have been called names many times. Some that did so arn't here anymore. :wink: (I had them bumped off by the "Internet Mafia!") :lol:
    I think we all need to chill, and ENJOY whats going on in Title Town!!!
  16. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And he does it time after time. Look at the 'RETARD" picture. I try to ignore his posts because they are done with intentions of flaming time in and time out. Some people here are just immature and biased. I know who the good posters are so I try to ignore some of the instigators as much as possible. Pack93z is the best poster on this site IMO. I enjoy reading his posts. I too am tired of the I TOLD YOU SO posts in every thread, especially when they do it so prematurely. It just reeks of desperation.
  17. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Does this team look like one thats going to go away anytime soon? Will they not be in the playoffs next year? your thoughts, kgb?

and this premature stuff is funny. nobody is saying "this TT built team is gonna win the superbowl!"

no. people are saying this team is awesome, and is 10-1. Should we ignore that fact? Nah. But have fun with your boring thing. I'll have fun with the 10-1 awesomeness.
  18. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    When you go to a game, do you sit on your hands the entire time? When Favre makes a good play and the crowd erupts, do you go "I don't understand the premature celebrating by these people."

Enjoy the ride, and stop the bellyaching. The team is 10-1. One of the big reasons is the GM that a LOT of people bashed,namecalled(he must be gay cuz hes not married, right?), and badmouthed. Don't like people bringing it up? I guess there are other forums out there...
  19. Fuzznuts

Fuzznuts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I see nobody answered my question.

Any takers..?

Anyone?

crickets....
  20. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah because this is YOUR forum right? This is the forum where you go around insulting everyone and bitching because you don't like people with varying opinions. You do everything to get people banned and have to be the biggest whiney-*** baiter on this site. Don't start with me like you make the rules here. You destroy this site, hopefully one days the mods will realize this.

Ok, ban me now or just lock it and let the king of baiting continue his never-ending destruction of this forum. That's what usually happens anyways.

I'm sorry to all the good posters for snapping, I just get sick of one person constantly trying to start ****.
  21. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hard to Fuzz, when your too busy scanning previous posts to pat yourself on the back.
  22. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    So I make a point about premature celebrating\cheering at the stadium....and you fly off the handle. Sounds rational enough.
  23. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  24. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yes, that's my opinion on it. As you stated, we can give opinions, yes? It's my opinion that if it hurts you so much to read Pro-TT threads, maybe you would enjoy yourself elsewhere. Or does free speech only work for your part?
  25. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    :locked:

Let's just let everything be. I think the people who were with TT from the beginning have made their point and I think the people who were skeptical are glad that the Pack are 10-1. 8)