My Issue IF We Are In Top10 in 2024...

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be completely honest with our roster structure and the positional value of being in the Top10 I hate the timing....

It's kinda always been my opinion that Top 10 is for finding your future QB, elite edge rushers, ELITE/All Pro type WRs or CBs...and that's kinda where I'm at. Now of course a transcendent talent at ANY of the other positions not punter or kicker or long snapper will change my personal approach...but that's where it is.

Currently I have two WRs that might get consideration from me of having a high enough grade to fit this requirement and that's Harrison Jr and Egbuka. Elite edges I'm widdling my list of about 10 guys more and more and am curious if or how many first rounders I grade out at edge....that positional value of an edge rusher that can be starting by year two is incredibly high...same as CB.

But typically speaking at most you'll have two WRs, two CBs and two Edges worthy of the argument to fit my criteria. Then anywhere from 1-4 QBs some years.

Problem is we are doubtful in the QB market just yet...if we keep all our CBs and Stokes comes back and does well that position would almost be a waste picking that early....and that leaves a WR, which argument would exist our stable wouldn't defend doing so, and that leaves edge....which with Hollins on a one year, Smith aging and at a point where contractually there is a savings after this year especially....edge makes a lot of sense from both a roster structure AND positional value.

Now the one transcendent talent guy I have on my list to decide if I see him of enough value for a top 10 pick is Brock Bowers. He could be the very first TE I think might be worth it.....but his blocking technique is what is something I need to watch more on. To me there may not be any OT worthy of the top 10 but quite a few worthy of a first round or EARLY second round pick.

I just don't like how the one year we may be sitting on an elite type draft pick....it doesn't line up with what our needs are. I think I'm going to be praying HARD that some teams go Bowers, Egbuka, Harrison Jr and also a tackle or two leaving the chance we are in a spot for a QB to be there folks adore and we get a trade back.

Reaction score
To be completely honest with our roster structure and the positional value of being in the Top10 I hate the timing....

It's kinda always been my opinion that Top 10 is for finding your future QB, elite edge rushers, ELITE/All Pro type WRs or CBs...and that's kinda where I'm at. Now of course a transcendent talent at ANY of the other positions not punter or kicker or long snapper will change my personal approach...but that's where it is.

Currently I have two WRs that might get consideration from me of having a high enough grade to fit this requirement and that's Harrison Jr and Egbuka. Elite edges I'm widdling my list of about 10 guys more and more and am curious if or how many first rounders I grade out at edge....that positional value of an edge rusher that can be starting by year two is incredibly high...same as CB.

But typically speaking at most you'll have two WRs, two CBs and two Edges worthy of the argument to fit my criteria. Then anywhere from 1-4 QBs some years.

Problem is we are doubtful in the QB market just yet...if we keep all our CBs and Stokes comes back and does well that position would almost be a waste picking that early....and that leaves a WR, which argument would exist our stable wouldn't defend doing so, and that leaves edge....which with Hollins on a one year, Smith aging and at a point where contractually there is a savings after this year especially....edge makes a lot of sense from both a roster structure AND positional value.

Now the one transcendent talent guy I have on my list to decide if I see him of enough value for a top 10 pick is Brock Bowers. He could be the very first TE I think might be worth it.....but his blocking technique is what is something I need to watch more on. To me there may not be any OT worthy of the top 10 but quite a few worthy of a first round or EARLY second round pick.

I just don't like how the one year we may be sitting on an elite type draft pick....it doesn't line up with what our needs are. I think I'm going to be praying HARD that some teams go Bowers, Egbuka, Harrison Jr and also a tackle or two leaving the chance we are in a spot for a QB to be there folks adore and we get a trade back.
Sounds about right. I’m noticing the positions that are thinner at the top are LT and Safety. When you do an interactive Mock teams leap frog up a half round to get one. The market should conceivably depict where light position groups fall. I suspect the top 2 LT go inside that top 10-12 based purely on the lack of choices mixed with being a priority position as you said behind maybe QB or Edge

If our top couple choices are gone and we are selecting top 10? I’m not immune to us backing up into the teens and collecting another 2nd Rounder or acquiring an additional 2025 Day1 selection (in some format of moves) That would set us up with terrific draft collateral if Jordan fizzles as a failsafe for QB. The 2024 draft would be a feasible 2 year spread of collateral because we have 3 Day2’s, we’re selecting earlier and we should have 10+ picks. If Jordan sticks? then we’ve got 2 early stabs in 2025, which gives Tyni and Oldschool a little draft head rush :)

Last edited: