Packers picked 2nd in division by most forecasters

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we will be in a fight for the division with Chicago. And, I hate to say it, Grossman will become the player he always should have been (barring all those injuries) this season.

Is that a joke? Rex Grossman is the most sorry excuse for a human being since Paris Hilton. He'll never improve. He's so useless, I don't even want him delivering my pizza, because he'll find a way to botch that. He'll bring it to the wrong house, but still bring me the bill.

I don't fear da Bears. We'll win at least one from them this year, despite their extremely talented D and Hester, unless Hester becomes the next Steve Smith and Lovie Smith gets his head out of his you know where and puts a real QB in there. That team is falling apart and morale is probably horrible.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears are in turmoil right now.

coming off a Super Bowl loss, never a good thing for the coming season.

I honestly am not that scared of the bears this year.... With our front line, and cornerbacks...ol Rexy will have a hard time completing a pass this year against us. i mean they lost a very good running back and went to the one back thing this year.... they still have rex grossman, and they still dont have a reciever worth a plug nickel... haha plug nickel.

Minnesota is gonna have a weak offense, and the same defense... i mean its not crazy to say we win the North this year.

its not often i get to say this but.... Detroit may be the hardest obstacle this year for us.

Since 2000:
2000 season. SB loser NY Giants. in 2001, Giants go 7-9 and don't even make the Playoffs.
2001 season. SB loser St Louis Rams. in '02, Rams go 7-9
2002 season. SB loser Oakland Raiders. in '03, they go 4-12, last in their division
2003 season. SB loser Carolina Panthers. in '04, they go 7-9
2004 season. SB loser the Eagles. in '05, they go 6-10, last in their division
2005 season. SB loser Seattle Seahawks. in '06, they go 9-7 but have more points against than points for, win their weak division, but get knocked out in the 2nd round of Playoffs.

Moral of the story - Don't lose the Super Bowl. And if John Madden comes up to you and asks you to be on the cover of his new game, simply say "No! I will not be on the cover of your stupid game, John Madden!"

da Bears in '07 are doomed, DOOMED! :Evil:

EDIT: spelling error

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe this year, an 8-8 record will even make a big statement, I just browsed over the schedule and wow. Definitly no gimmes this year. Will start getting back the cheese head respect if we have a record over .500 this year. The first 5 games alone will be tough, very tough, Eagles, giants, chargers, at the vikings, and then the bears. I like where the bye week falls though because they will need it after that, (after the redskins game too). And it definitly doesnt get much easier after that, basically if it comes down to a strength of victory tie breaker again, i think we will be ok this year.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree the schedule looks tough. But i think we will be very improved from last year. I really believe that the Pack will be surprising alot of people this year.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just wonder if people around the league still see us as the 4-12 team. It seems like that still gets brought up alot in articles and on TV. Do people think the 8-8 record last year was a fluke? Our record could have been better. There were a couple of games that we let slip away, so all I see is room for improvement. Like I've said before, I'm having a hard time picking the games on our schedule, because last year we knew where the improvement was going to come from. This year it's still kind of a question mark. I think we'll do better, but I really don't know who's going to step up, and where we're going to get more help from this year.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just wonder if people around the league still see us as the 4-12 team. It seems like that still gets brought up alot in articles and on TV. Do people think the 8-8 record last year was a fluke? Our record could have been better. There were a couple of games that we let slip away, so all I see is room for improvement. Like I've said before, I'm having a hard time picking the games on our schedule, because last year we knew where the improvement was going to come from. This year it's still kind of a question mark. I think we'll do better, but I really don't know who's going to step up, and where we're going to get more help from this year.

I think the hardest thing for TV analysts and experts to read is the kind of improvement internally teams project to have from one year to another. Why is that? Because it's not **** and it's boring.

It's all about who did you draft? What FA's did you sign? That's news.

What offensive line stands to improve the most? The Green Bay Packers with Wells, Spitz, Colledge, and, Moll as a backup getting a year under their belts or say.....Cleveland who drafted Joe Thomas?

Remember last year when the big news was the HUGE contract the Vikes gave Hutchinson? Their offensive line was supposed to be awesome!

If you want to look for where the improvement is going to come you don't have to look past both lines. With Jenkins getting placed in the right spot and taking Harrell our "D" line should be great and the "O" line MUCH improved over last year.

I think our LB core will be much better too and was a reason we were WAY better towards the end last season. Hawk and Poppinga gaining game time greatly improved their production as the year went by.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a bit of my overall season prediction:

Packers-surprise alot of people with a higher-ranking D than last year, but I'd say we're top 10, not Top 5. That's 08. Offense improves overall with a better O-line, and solid run game. Weakness is still TE.

Rough schedule makes for a reachable 10-6, but a more likely 9-7.

The Cowboys have a fluffy sched, and the Eagles look like contenders again. Niners should win their div. due to an easy sched, and I'll take the Bucs in the South.

Cleveland should make noise, their O-line has as much opportunity to improve as ours. Still takin the Ravens, though. New England, Indy, and SD all win and the Jets and Broncos get wild cards.

I'm goin Patriots/Philly in a rematch for the Super Bowl

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Minnesota is gonna have a weak offense, and the same defense... i mean its not crazy to say we win the North this year.

its not often i get to say this but.... Detroit may be the hardest obstacle this year for us.

That is laughable. You are a funny guy. I don't know which is funnier. Detroit the harder obstacle, or we win the North this year.

Time to look at the facts:
1. The Vikes made significant improvements through the draft.
2. With Greenway, Tank Williams, Mike Doss, Marcus McCauley, Erasmus James, and Brian Robinson our defense will be the best in the NFL
3. We improved at QB just by getting rid of Brad Johnson.
4. Most of the time last year Childress looked clueless. that has to change.
5. Even if he is still clueless he is going to hand play calling responsibilities over to someone else.
6. We are going to run the ball left, right, and up the center. Controlling the game clock and just winning with smashmouth football.

Good luck Packer fans. You will need it. :thumbsup:

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree the schedule looks tough. But i think we will be very improved from last year. I really believe that the Pack will be surprising alot of people this year.

That is what it is all about. This time of the year you should be full of optimism. Thinking your team is going to be great. That is the attitude every fan should have regardless of which team their loyalties lie with.
I think that every year. I guess that is why every year is such a let down. :rotflmao:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

That is what it is all about. This time of the year you should be full of optimism. Thinking your team is going to be great. That is the attitude every fan should have regardless of which team their loyalties lie with.
I think that every year. I guess that is why every year is such a let down. :rotflmao:
How true........fact is, all but ONE team wins it all each year. So there are more let down fans then there are happy ones.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vike4life said:
cheesey said:

How true........fact is, all but ONE team wins it all each year. So there are more let down fans then there are happy ones.

Good Point! I bet those Chargers fans were extremely disappointed last year. Similar to the Pack losing the bowl to Denver and the Vikes getting beat at home in the NFC championship in 98.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
vike4life said:
cheesey said:

Good Point! I bet those Chargers fans were extremely disappointed last year. Similar to the Pack losing the bowl to Denver and the Vikes getting beat at home in the NFC championship in 98.
Yup....i "feel your pain" Vike4life! It's always hard to accept the defeats. But we always keep the faith, hey?

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

That is laughable. You are a funny guy. I don't know which is funnier. Detroit the harder obstacle, or we win the North this year.

Time to look at the facts:
1. The Vikes made significant improvements through the draft.
2. With Greenway, Tank Williams, Mike Doss, Marcus McCauley, Erasmus James, and Brian Robinson our defense will be the best in the NFL
3. We improved at QB just by getting rid of Brad Johnson.
4. Most of the time last year Childress looked clueless. that has to change.
5. Even if he is still clueless he is going to hand play calling responsibilities over to someone else.
6. We are going to run the ball left, right, and up the center. Controlling the game clock and just winning with smashmouth football.

Good luck Packer fans. You will need it. :thumbsup:

First of all I highly doubt the Vikes will be running the ball over anybody in the North. Every team in it is good against the run and the Vikes "0" line is going to have to play a whole lot better for them to even be average in the run game.
Secondly, when your QB is not that great you can squeeze the box and make the run even harder so don't look for them to be running up and down the field.
Third, the Vikes drafts over the last few years has been o.k. with this year being good but that won't get you to the playoffs in the first year. The Pack's drafts have been every bit as good overall the last few years so there's just nothing there that says the Vikes draft is strong enough to carry them to the playoffs.
Right now the Vikes stop the run well and that's about all they do. They will have to get a lot better in all the other catagories for it to amount to anything and having one good draft doesn't cut it.
All of this is especially true when you don't have a proven QB.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vike4life said:
cheesey said:
vike4life said:
cheesey said:

Yup....i "feel your pain" Vike4life! It's always hard to accept the defeats. But we always keep the faith, hey?

That is a fact Cheesey. We always have to believe. Even watching us lose that 2nd game to the Pack last year in Jackson's first start I had to believe. Footnote; That was the most boring game I ever seen. It took a lot of beer and tequila to watch that entire game.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
i was at that game. Seeing Driver torch Sharper was worth the price of admission.

evidently you were not at the game I was referring to. The game was played on Thursday night at Lambeau. The Pack did not score a touchdown. They did kick three field goals and won the game 9-7. With the only Viking points coming on an interception return and the point after.

Driver did torch him for an 82 yard touchdown at the dome on November 12th. I bet even most of the Pack fan's admit that the game at Lambeau was brutal. :feedback: :feedback:

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
AND... the game at lambeau WAS awful. nobody deserved to win that one, hahaha.

I disagree. The game @ Lambeau was a defensive slugfest. It was great to watch! Besides Bubba's total collapse, that is. I saw that game as an emergence game for our D.

We owned Tarvaris. Which makes me think- we get to own a QB at leaast two games a year! That's really neat!

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

Yes it was terrible, but I bet is was far worse because we came out on the losing end. The Pack fans at least got to go to bed with a W after suffering through watching that game.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
bozz_2006 said:

I disagree. The game @ Lambeau was a defensive slugfest. It was great to watch! Besides Bubba's total collapse, that is. I saw that game as an emergence game for our D.

We owned Tarvaris. Which makes me think- we get to own a QB at leaast two games a year! That's really neat!

I think it was more because TJack stunk than it was good defense. Just a quick sidenote; In the mid 90's we started mixing vodka, seven up, and purple pucker, and every time the vikes score we all chug a glass. That game we had to start drinking for any play that made positive yardage. I don't think we had more than 4 or 5 first downs the entire game.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
bozz_2006 said:

I think it was more because TJack stunk than it was good defense. Just a quick sidenote; In the mid 90's we started mixing vodka, seven up, and purple pucker, and every time the vikes score we all chug a glass. That game we had to start drinking for any play that made positive yardage. I don't think we had more than 4 or 5 first downs the entire game.

TJack (as you call him) stinking had nothing to do with the Vikings heralded run game. As you said, 4 or 5 first downs. That's called solid defense. If you look back, the Packers D was only did better within the division the 2nd time around.

That unit had 5 of 11 players that were playing through the division & it's offensive players (minus Jackson) for the second time through. Familiarity with tendencies, etc. made them better. 3 of our four W's to close out the season were against all of our division. And that is where they showed some of the more marked improvement.

I respect all three teams as having the potential to play us very very tough, but this D should dominate NFC North offenses.

Edit: My memory was a little foggy. fixed it.