Packer's O-line

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So who is gonna make the final roster for the o-line?

My guess....

Lt: Clifton
Lg: Colledge
C: Wells
RG: Spitz
RT: Tauscher

Back ups: Moll, Barbre, Bourke, Palmer

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless something happens in June , July or August or during the regular season, that looks like the starting offensive line for the Packers for the season, unless unforeseen circumstances, such as injuries or backup such as Moll, stepping up and displaces the projected starter.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
I'm thinking you pretty much nailed it.
By the way, Barbre is my dark horse pick this year to be the Packs best draft pick.

Are you saying Barbre will be a starting Gaurd?
No, I'm saying he will make the 53 man roster and I look for him to be very good in the near future.

Two of my darkhoses that have panned out pretty well are Driver and Wells.
Hawkins was one that didn't.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
yooperfan said:
I'm thinking you pretty much nailed it.
By the way, Barbre is my dark horse pick this year to be the Packs best draft pick.

Are you saying Barbre will be a starting Gaurd?
No, I'm saying he will make the 53 man roster and I look for him to be very good in the near future.

Two of my darkhoses that have panned out pretty well are Driver and Wells.
Hawkins was one that didn't.

I was thinking he (Barbre) might play Gaurd instead of Spitz.
Or if there were an injury at Tackle, moving Colledge to Tackle (which is where he played in college) and then Starting Barbre at Gaurd.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cant see Clifton starting all the games this year, if he goes down then Colledge will shift over and Babre might come in, i seem to remember MM saying that he wants to keep Moll as a RT this year

Reaction score
I agree that the starting O-line will be:

RT: Tauscher
RG: Spitz
C: Wells
LG: Colledge
LT: Clifton

As for the back-ups, I think we'll only carry three: Junius Coston, Tony Moll, Allen Barbre.

McCarthy said that Moll's footwork is what you see from Tackles, and that he'll figure in at RT or LT (mainly RT according to McCarthy). Coston has some experience at C and G, so he provides good cover for Wells and Spitz. Barbre is a LG, but I'm not exactly sure why because I don't foresee Colledge moving anytime soon.

In my opinion, Colledge isn't ready to be a full-time LT yet because he simply isn't strong enough. I think he'll be able to play that position in a couple of years time, when he has gotten more reps and gained more strength. For now though, I see him being mainly playing LT when we are in a 'worst case scenario'.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barbre needs to get a lot stronger, so does Spitz, Colledge and Moll as well.