Packers hire Titans' OC Matt LaFleur as their HC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TN fan here. He's a great hire. Very smart and relatable. The stats last year are a representation of a completely battered and barren receiving crop and a QB who couldn't grip a ball. He'll be an immediate upgrade. I'm not fond of keeping Pettine or anyone else around. This guy is sharp and will find coaches who can get the job done instead of giving us hope that they might be good one day.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Titians' offense was 25th last year. Can LaFleur handle Rodgers and his huge ego at age 39? Joe Whitt and Zook both need to go. I'm sick and tired of the secondary being out of position, missing tackles, and losing games.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If his first move as a coach is to fire Zook, then we know the guy will be alright. If he keeps him, then I'll lose respect for him.

I hope they didn't pick him just because he's so young and probably more easily made into a puppet

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I dont think when Packers hired Mike Holmgren he probably wasnt a Splash hire nor was Mike McCarthy.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok so I’m hearing from my bro who’s close friends with Ben McDaniels Josh’s younger brother that Josh was the first choice NOT Lafleur!! The only reason they chose Laflaeur
Is because Josh wanted HIS OWN coaching staff including DC!! I told you guys the only way Josh wouldn’t get the job is if the Packers didn’t let him chose who he wanted to retain which is exactly what happened! Smh I hate Murphy even more now, Gute really is just a puppet on a string! I’m pissed! I hope they got this right, but it’s BS not to let the incoming HC chose he wants!! Everyone including the HC will be Murphy’s puppet! That’s why he kept McCarthy and TT so long! I hope this Lafleur Guy isn’t some tool and this works out.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TN fan here. He's a great hire. Very smart and relatable. The stats last year are a representation of a completely battered and barren receiving crop and a QB who couldn't grip a ball. He'll be an immediate upgrade. I'm not fond of keeping Pettine or anyone else around. This guy is sharp and will find coaches who can get the job done instead of giving us hope that they might be good one day.

You had me going til you said you weren't fond of keeping Pettine around.....Are you a Packers fan?

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ll be the first to admit I missed on this one but not by much. Give me a few hours and I’ll know exactly what happened. This sucks man, I hope they got this right smh.
I hate it

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok so I’m hearing from my bro who’s close friends with Ben McDaniels Josh’s younger brother that Josh was the first choice NOT Lafleur!! The only reason they chose Laflaeur
Is because Josh wanted HIS OWN coaching staff including DC!!!

If this is true, then the Packers are stupid *****. Who on the Packers' suck *** coaching staff deserves to be retained. The defense sucked all year.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Is because Josh wanted HIS OWN coaching staff including DC!! I told you guys the only way Josh wouldn’t get the job is if the Packers didn’t let him chose who he wanted to retain which is exactly what happened! Smh I hate Murphy even more now, Gute really is just a puppet on a string! I’m pissed! I hope they got this right, but it’s BS not to let the incoming HC chose he wants!! Everyone including the HC will be Murphy’s puppet! That’s why he kept McCarthy and TT so long! I hope this Lafleur Guy isn’t some tool and this works out.

How do we know that LaFleur wont have his own guys? We dont know what happen during these interviews or the question of coaching staff on who he wanted.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Shanahan tree??? Without Elway, he was nothing. Don't know enough about ML to judge but I wonder what other teams had him on their list?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That might be Josh's family's version that he was the first choice and they moved on because he wanted his own staff. It may have just been it was one of the criteria they used to separate candidates. I'm guessing they didn't say Josh you can have the job if you let us pick the staff. They probably asked all candidates how they felt about x,y,z and what were deal breakers. For all we know, LaFleur blew them away in the interview and he was the first choice.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If this is true, then the Packers are stupid *****. Who on the Packers' suck *** coaching staff deserves to be retained. The defense sucked all year.
As long as they keep Zook we are fine.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What are you people watching? We have like no players on D yet they managed to give us a chance to win basically every game. I'm all aboard the Pettine train.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do we know that LaFleur wont have his own guys? We dont know what happen during these interviews or the question of coaching staff on who he wanted.

It will come out soon enough that it was highly “recommend” that Pettine be retained trust me. Lafleur will be another yes man. I hope this guy can get us back to our winning ways but Josh wanting his own hand picked staff had a lot to do with it I guarantee that!

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score

Mike Pettine had is hands tied with TT busts. There isnt a DC in this league can could make this group of crap on defense and make it work.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That might be Josh's family's version that he was the first choice and they moved on because he wanted his own staff. It may have just been it was one of the criteria they used to separate candidates. I'm guessing they didn't say Josh you can have the job if you let us pick the staff. They probably asked all candidates how they felt about x,y,z and what were deal breakers. For all we know, LaFleur blew them away in the interview and he was the first choice.

Not staff just Pettine I’m hearing...it’s possible Joe Whitt as well. This will all come out I’m sure! Smh I hope this guy isn’t a tool like McCarthy was! That’s what it seems like Murphy wants! A bunch of tools he can control!

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too early for a "fire LaFleur" thread?

:p

Unbelievably, there are already posters who have made up their minds about how they feel about this hire. They know, or at least think they do, whether it will work or not.

When you hire a coordinator who has never been a HC before, sometimes you get a Trestman, and sometimes you get a Lombardi...…

I'll do the unthinkable and reserve judgment until he's coached a few games.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Pettine had is hands tied with TT busts. There isnt a DC in this league can could make this group of crap on defense and make it work.
I said before I was good with retaining Pettine..but NOT ok with basically forcing the new HC to retain him if he didn’t! This is what’s exactly going to happen!

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No HC worth his salt would agree to not have complete say in his coaching staff. WTF?

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score

TN fan with a pats username in a packer forum :confused:
Jk, thanks for the insight, bud.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No HC worth his salt would agree to not have complete say in his coaching staff. WTF?

Pettine was ever going anywhere no matter who got the job! You can take that how you want, buddy.

Last edited:

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Titians' offense was 25th last year. Can LaFleur handle Rodgers and his huge ego at age 39? Joe Whitt and Zook both need to go. I'm sick and tired of the secondary being out of position, missing tackles, and losing games.
He doesn't have a huge ego. He's sick of dealing with incompetence. I wouldn't be surprised to see completely different body language from Rodgers next year.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We don’t even know if that’s the case. For all we know Rodell can be wrong on this just like he was about mcdaniels being the hire. It’s all hearsay as far as I’m concerned. And pettine did a good job all things considered. Wish Whitt and Zook will be let go soon though. Don’t make prejudgment about LaFleur without seeing the man work

Status
Not open for further replies.