Packer/Panther Game Day thread

OP
OP
wizard 87

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
Tauscher in, Rouse out for Packers
Right tackle Mark Tauscher is active and will start today's game against the Carolina Panthers, while safety Aaron Rouse will sit out.

Tauscher, who suffered a hamstring injury in Monday's loss at New Orleans, didn't practice Wednesday and was limited Thursday and Friday. Rouse suffered an ankle injury. Both players were listed as questionable.

The Packers' other inactives are: No. 3 QB, Brian Brohm, CB Pat Lee, RB DeShawn Wynn, LB Nick Barnett, LB Danny Lansanah, T Breno Giacomini and G Allen Barbre.

Receiver James Jones is active. So is end Jeremy Thompson, but Michael Montgomery will remain the starter at right end.

The Panthers' inactives are: No. 3 QB Matt Moore, CB C.J. Wilson, LB Adam Seward, G Mackenzy Bernadeau, T Frank Omiyale, WR Dwayne Jarrett, WR Kenneth Moore and DT Gary Gibson.

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well boys, looks like we are playing for the draft now. Let's see some rookies get some playing time for next year and hope for a top 15 pick in April.

hubbabubba

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was another pathetic performance from our defense. We can not stop the run at all and its painful. This game makes me think for the very first time this season that we should have stuck with Brett. Maybe Aaron plays well during first 58 minutes, but you need some of Brett's magic to turn the corner.

OP
OP
wizard 87

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
hubbabubba said:
That was another pathetic performance from our defense. We can not stop the run at all and its painful. This game makes me think for the very first time this season that we should have stuck with Brett. Maybe Aaron plays well during first 58 minutes, but you need some of Brett's magic to turn the corner.
That is nuts...we scored enough points. We have a crap defense and our special teams are pathetic.
Brett or no Brett we have issues just that simple.

Packaneer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have a passing offense that's why it was close, no way could we stop Carolina if we couldn't run down the clock or the run, if Aaron Rodgers can run for 26 yards and Grant, our star RB gets 30 something yards in 12 rushes and our QB gets close to that in half the attempts there is something wrong =/

Don't get me started on defense, when the Panther's fumbled at the 1 or 2 you fall on the ball! Not try to pick it up, if the Offense got 3rd and 15 and a ninety+ yard drive you can start from back there at the 1 or 2 yard line. That's why you're on defense, you can't hold the ball worth a nickel.

I'm ashamed to wear my Packer's gear in public, I live a town away from Bear's Summer Training camp. No one has said anything yet but now that the Bears realistically have a chance of going to the playoffs I will catch some heat/rude comments. Anyways, I'm packing up the Ol' Green and Yellow for this year and rooting for my dad's team.

Pros of the year:
Aaron Rodgers
Greg Jennings
Mason Crosby
Will Blackmon (sp?)

Slops:
Defense
Everything else

Sorry Packers, but the year is over go for a .500 record and call it quits =(

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers should have fallen on the ball also on the bad snap. That crap irks the hell out of me, but I'd say it's a league wide thing...nobody simply falls on the ball like they teach you in junior high school.