Pack vs Cards part 2

Tacklynn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I go over to the Cardinals forum. I don't have full access 'cuz I’m not going to bother signing up.

But here's what I've gleaned based on the quotes: Their home field advantage may be diluted.

“Looking online.. and it breaks my heart guys that AZ fans are selling there tickets.. Come on fans please be loyal and dont sell your tickets.”

“Tons of Packer fans live here permanently or as snowbirds. I'm friends with several who are diehard. They'll be there. Most of the tickets available on NFL exchange, Craigslist, stubhub, etc are by ticket sellers who are thrilled Green Bay won as it will raise demand and make them more. Just the reality of business in a relatively new NFL team (in AZ) and young city known for Midwest transplants and winter homes.”

“Green Bay fans travel well. One of the largest fan bases for an nfl team. They could fill up half the stadium this weekend.”

That’s what the Cardinals are wringing their hands about: fans in the stands. When it comes to actual play, they are very confident due to past performance of both teams and the current injury status of the Packers.

But what do they know?

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I go over to the Cardinals forum. I don't have full access 'cuz I’m not going to bother signing up.

But here's what I've gleaned based on the quotes: Their home field advantage may be diluted.

“Looking online.. and it breaks my heart guys that AZ fans are selling there tickets.. Come on fans please be loyal and dont sell your tickets.”

“Tons of Packer fans live here permanently or as snowbirds. I'm friends with several who are diehard. They'll be there. Most of the tickets available on NFL exchange, Craigslist, stubhub, etc are by ticket sellers who are thrilled Green Bay won as it will raise demand and make them more. Just the reality of business in a relatively new NFL team (in AZ) and young city known for Midwest transplants and winter homes.”

“Green Bay fans travel well. One of the largest fan bases for an nfl team. They could fill up half the stadium this weekend.”

That’s what the Cardinals are wringing their hands about: fans in the stands. When it comes to actual play, they are very confident due to past performance of both teams and the current injury status of the Packers.

But what do they know?

I don't know why it would be much different than the week 16 game. You could argue that less Cardinals fans will sell their playoff tickets, but the game two weeks ago was a huge game and they sold then. I'd expect a sizable Packers contingent, and thus a negligible home field advantage for the Cards.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't really want to get into a big debate, because I think it's highly philosophical and personal. I really meant no offense by my comment, but I will explain my sentiments. First, I said that "only you can know for sure", because I think fanhood is highly personal and not everyone's definition is going to be the same. That being said, if you're not invested in the outcome of the game, regardless of the perceived chances, it makes it hard for me to consider you a "serious" fan. That doesn't mean you have to be at the game or even watch on TV, as it's certainly understandable that life can get in the way. I've never been to Lambeau, although it's absolutely in my plans to get to some games in the near future, but I don't think it makes me a "bad" fan. But again, only I know what it means to me. As far as this comment, "I know guys who you probably would consider true fans and if they are the company I would have to keep to be considered a true fan I'd be honored not to be one", my definition of a "true" fan doesn't require one to be an a-hole, though I guess it doesn't preclude it either. I'm a pretty calm person, and I prefer not to watch with certain people, but their (and my) behavior doesn't make them (or me) any more or less of a fan. To me, it's more about the feeling I get when watching the Packers, and I'm assuming you know that feeling.

Well said. I figured I was over reacting.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know why it would be much different than the week 16 game. You could argue that less Cardinals fans will sell their playoff tickets, but the game two weeks ago was a huge game and they sold then. I'd expect a sizable Packers contingent, and thus a negligible home field advantage for the Cards.

I don't know, you have season tickets. They are bought and paid for so you go to the regular season game. You make the playoffs and you figure you have the first game well in hand and you figure there is always next week and the rematch with the Seahawks so why not re-sell the tickets for this game and make a little extra cash if you can. You may be able to double your money and next weeks tickets will be free.

I seem to recall Vic complaining about seeing so much white in the stands at Lambeau for the Cowboys game. The Cardinals don't have a monopoly on profit seeking ticket re-sellers.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arizona forums...
Herr Eickhorn
"Not trying to be cocky, but I can't see any reason why we can't spank the hell out of GB again."

Umm... pretty sure you are trying to be cocky. Not sure I follow your logic here fine sir. That seems like exactly what you are trying to do.

I find it telling that he used the words "****" and "spank" in the same sentence.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was difficult for me to ascertain how well the defense played during the first meeting, given how **** poor the offense was. I really hope we don't have another Capers defense get demolished by a top QB...

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
adams being out could help us. I think adams is one of those guys where you just don't know which adams' will show up. as for numbers it does hurt our lineup.

Reaction score
There is a glaring fact that is being overlooked. The week after we played Arizona, Seattle came in and demolished Arizona by 30pts. That same Seattle team played the Vikes and shouldve lost on a 27 yard missed FG.
I'm not saying Arizona isn't good. They are a solid football team. What I am saying is that they are maybe a 2 score favorite.
With that being said I think we have a shot at an upset, particularly if we do a better job getting after Palmer. I also think this will be our most difficult test and we have already shown we can rise to the occasion. If we beat Arizona I think we will make it to the big game.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is a glaring fact that is being overlooked. The week after we played Arizona, Seattle came in and demolished Arizona by 30pts. That same Seattle team played the Vikes and shouldve lost on a 27 yard missed FG.
I'm not saying Arizona isn't good. They are a solid football team. What I am saying is that they are maybe a 2 score favorite.
With that being said I think we have a shot at an upset, particularly if we do a better job getting after Palmer. I also think this will be our most difficult test and we have already shown we can rise to the occasion. If we beat Arizona I think we will make it to the big game.

would be nice to see them get crushed to quiet their annoying fans that seem to be bad a88es all of a sudden because they clinched the west division.

Cincinnatus_WKRP

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This. Did anyone expect Seattle to lose by two points need an act of God to beat the Vikings, after they crushed them only a few weeks back? It's tough enough to beat the same team twice in a season, and it's even more difficult in the playoffs, which are a different animal. These facts alone are enough to be optimistic, in my opinion.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This. Did anyone expect Seattle to lose by two points need an act of God to beat the Vikings, after they crushed them only a few weeks back? It's tough enough to beat the same team twice in a season, and it's even more difficult in the playoffs, which are a different animal. These facts alone are enough to be optimistic, in my opinion.

arizona fans are expecting a blow-out again. hilarious, just imagine their faces in the stadium if they lose? LOL it's going to be worse than the lions fans watching rogers catch that hail mary pass. we are the underdogs and have everything to gain from coming off a struggling season. the O reset itself so we should see a good game!

Packerinmissouri

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This! So much this!! Every non packers fan I have talked to so far this week says we are gonna get killed. But I don't think so. Maybe I'm being more of an optimist then a realist but this post right here says exactly why I think we have a good chance.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see it being real hard to play as sloppy as we did last time down there. After a much improved game in Washington, and after the last trip to the desert, I expect focus and attention to detail to be top priority this week in practice
The fact is that the Cardinals went 13-3 this year for a reason. They are much better than the Skins especially in their building. Now we went on the road in 2010 and beat a 13-3 Atlanta team in the postseason. But this Cardinal team is better than those Falcons. They also have a superior head coach.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nothing about this game will be easy. We can't expect to show up for a half or a quarter of football and win. We certainly can't wait for AZ to do something stupid, because chances are they'll play a pretty clean game, just like they've done all year. I think AZ is the best team in the playoffs this year, if we play a good game and they play a good game, I think either winning is plausible.

We cannot play mistake filled football and expect a win. We have to do all the little things right and we have a very good chance at winning.

4Ever4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing I am the most optimistic about is that Carson Palmer can be rattled. We need pressure on him. Blitzes and getting home with 4/5 are going to be huge. When Palmer has a bad game, it can be ugly. I think (really really hope) MM learned from the Washington game that this offense clicks in no huddle and goes with that. I think our offense is going to be fine if we play at a good pace.

Tom A

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What gives me hope is that in the NFL, the post-season is sometimes very unpredictable compared to what happened during the regular season. It just seems that weird stuff happens in the playoffs quite often. A team that was blown out by another during the regular season either barely loses or beats that team when they meet again in the playoffs...or the pressure of the post-season makes some players, some teams, play much worse than they are capable of playing. I'm just hoping that this time around, Carson Palmer and his teammates feel the pressure of winning at home, of finally winning a Super Bowl, etc. while the Packers play loose (but not too loose) and confident, like they appeared to be doing during the last two-thirds of last Sunday's game against the Skins.

Pigskin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Consider the old saying; Any given Sunday. Consider Parody in the NFL. IMO there is no way we were a 38-8 dog last time. It was just that Sunday. IMO The Pack can play with anyone on any given day, there is a way we can win on Saturday.

Crockett&Tubbs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does this give anyone more "hope" than before? It did for me, a little bit. https://t.co/nB1Glh7rSZ

I've seen reversals in football many times. Tretter or Bakhtiari are so important. Cardinals have lost 2 good pass-rushers since that last game too.

And remember the tone heading to Seattle 51 weeks ago? Our defense took that personally, and they kicked the Seachicks butts and Russell Wilson, for 55 minutes. It should have been enough for a blowout win, if not for our special team gafs, and Seattle's typical luck in the playoffs.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Do you have any statistics to back up these "facts". You may be right but they always say it tough to beat a team three times in a season when the stats actually show it happens more often than not. If I had to guess I'd say there are more divisional sweeps than splits which would somewhat disprove your facts although that is divisional games where one team is often much worse than the other and it regular season. In the playoffs teams are usually playing opponents that are closer to their own level. Still I'd bet the records are closer to 2-0 in those games than 1-1.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ah, the good old team A beat team B and team B beat team C so team A should beat team C theory. Its not that simple but I'm sure you know that.

I for the most part I do agree with you however and I think we do have a shot. I'm not sure when this team has really shown it can rise to the occasion but like I said, I do agree that we have a shot.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe we can win. This feels like that game against the Falcons first time we went we got killed then we went back and we killed them. I feel the team finally awoke from hibernation and ready to kick buttz

Crockett&Tubbs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While THIS does give me hope, I still worry that Capers has been just torched & exposed in big games in Arizona too many times. He made the old Kurt Warner look like the greatest QB ever in that 2009 51-45 playoff loss. They never touched Kurt, everyone was wide open. He threw more TD passes than had balls hit the ground incomplete.
And 2 1/2 weeks ago, Palmer was barely breathed on. True, the defense only allowed 24 of the 38 points.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game will be different all the way around. Sure we were missing 2-3 OLineman, but for a lot of the year we didn't look all that great when they were in anyway. But they got it together last week, albeit against a much different defense than we'll be facing on Saturday.

But it will be different for the Cards too, i'm sure they didn't finish out the game with everything they had being up by practically 30 points by the time I got done taking a leak after halftime. I'm sure they have new things to show too. I expect this to be a closer game, couldn't get much worse than the first one. But this might be the game of the weekend and the Cards are the most balanced team in the playoffs I think

Members online

No members online now.