OFFICIAL THREAD We need a running back now !!!!!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
ESPN.com is reporting that they think the Lynch trade has a good shot of happening

I hate to disagree. It is an insider article in the "rumors" section which basically goes over what we've already discussed. In particular it points to Schefter saying the Bills are holding on to Lynch past the trade deadline.

You have to have and insider's subscription so I'll only post a snippet;

"However, the asking price appears to be the divisive issue, and the Eagles aren't that desperate, in spite of the injury to LeSean McCoy.

ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter had a take on the Lynch rumors on Sunday:

- Tim Kavanagh

Adam Schefter
Bills can wait to make a deal
"Teams with a need at running back continue to monitor the Buffalo Bills, and with good reason. At one point last week, league sources said Buffalo seriously contemplated dealing running back Marshawn Lynch, but ultimately decided not to do it. For now, the Bills are planning on keeping Lynch past the NFL's Oct. 19 trade deadline, but it won't stop teams from calling."

PackerMX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Via Twiteer:
Jay Glazer

Breaking news: I'm reporting seattle has traded for bills rb marshawn lynch for 4th in 2011 and cond pick 2012. Great move for 'hawks

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Via Twiteer:
Jay Glazer

Breaking news: I'm reporting seattle has traded for bills rb marshawn lynch for 4th in 2011 and cond pick 2012. Great move for 'hawks

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. Profootballtalk.com repeated the report about Glazer. They had to give up a 4th round pick, a conditional pick, and Lynch had to void the final year of his contract.

PFT goes on to take this swipe at us; "Meanwhile, the Packers continue to have no one to run the ball. As we pointed out in this week's power rankings, the pass-heavy attack should be working really well when the weather turns at Lambeau Field."

I was wrong about the Bills end of things, but on our end it is as I expected. It's just not Ted Thompson's MO to go out and get big name free agents during the season. I hope I'm wrong about that too, but I doubt I am.

ryanbodman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lynch traded to Seahawks

Lynch was just traded to the Seahawks for a 4th rounder in 2011 and a conditional in 2012. Please tell me TT didn't find this too steep an asking price

OP
OP
dogpackerz

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Marshawn lynch traded to seattle.!!!!!! Please ted make a move.....

i'm a little down in the dumps over this. its not that i just wanted Lynch.. but its seeing other teams like the seahawks making moves trying too win there division and do much more for there team. I'm hoping the packers have a real good game plan. cause sitting on out *** is not the solution...

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If thats all it was for, **** YOU TED THOMPSON.... That is the most ridiculous ****ing thing if we could have got him for that.. Please tell me that isnt true....

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And in the same vein, the Seahawks release Julius Jones. He'd be a veteran pickup I wouldn't mind too much.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Upset posters, do you know what the conditional pick is?

Or doesn't it matter and you are gonna hate on TT regardless?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A 4th and a conditional seemed very reasonable, for a talent like Lynch. I know we have Grant, and we're not a RB by committee, but IMHO, unless something surfaces (like ATL lowballing us in the Gonzo deal), we missed on that one.

OP
OP
dogpackerz

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm losing it............
why?
why?
why?
kuhn?
bjax?
nance?
starks?

mr mccarthy please explain.. are you blinded by practice results.

i'm saying 3 hail marys and 5 our fathers tonight for green bay.....

maybe nance and starks are the real deal......maybe.
lets give it 5 more weeks
and see where we stand

please god, help us.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If thats all it was for, **** YOU TED THOMPSON.... That is the most ridiculous ****ing thing if we could have got him for that.. Please tell me that isnt true....

Lighten up Francis. lol Maybe their is a good reason why it didn't happen. Maybe.......just maybe....we already have a deal going with the Panthers for DeAngelo Williams. That is what most people seem to want on this forum..........right? But if we don't get Williams after all this BS........I'll be going off worse than you just did.:happy0005:

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the deal is done guys, according to my Madden 11 Franchise Mode, the Packers have acquired Marshawn Lynch & a nickel corner for Brendan Jackson & a 1st & 2nd round pick

PackerManLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lynch to the bills.

Wow they got him for a fourth round pick and a possible another pick. WTF happened to us making this happen??

PackerManLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lynch to seahawks

Wow, they got lynch for a 4th round and possible another pick. How the heck did tt not make this happen?? Source NFL.com

Members online

Latest posts