Official Packers vs Jets discussion

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I've got something unofficial to post; LTF where's the Unofficial Packers vs Jets discussion?

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack 23-20 Packers offense trying to get out of a funk and its hard to do when lacy has nowhere to run. Packers end the game with a Sam Shields int. Its to close for comfort and this forum goes into mega meltdown mode!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Air-Run doesn't start throwing on 1st and 2nd downs. We lose.
If Air-Run starts throwing on 1st and 2nd downs. We win.
In other words, Mike better not stick to the same old plays otherwise other teams will catch on and beat us which is what the Sea Chicks did. They were ready to stop the run on 1st and 2nd downs because they knew that's what Mike would do.
Maybe a good coach. Terrible play caller.
Use that arm, Mike! Get your money's worth!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Jets have a chance to win.
I'm not thinking they will. Just that they could.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack 23-20 Packers offense trying to get out of a funk and its hard to do when lacy has nowhere to run. Packers end the game with a Sam Shields int. Its to close for comfort and this forum goes into mega meltdown mode!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll tell you one thing! If the oline can't block anyone They will lose.
I read some complaints about them following the Sea Chicks game but I thought they gave Air-Run plenty of time to throw and just one sack. Better than other times, I think.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've got something unofficial to post; LTF where's the Unofficial Packers vs Jets discussion?
It's right here, man and it starts right now.

OK So which is faster? Someone packing a suitcase or an airline jet?
Extra bonus hint: The one packing the suitcase is a woman.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love to see Cobb used like Harvin smh...see that's the difference between a conservative play caller and one that finds ways to get his most dynamic offensive player the football. Cobb is so underused in this offense he gets wasted . He can be used the same ways as Percy Harvin. Just the threat of him being used as a runner puts extra pressure on the defense which helps Rodgers.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Blonde, brunette, redhead, Silver?
Does it matter?
Well, I suppose the blond might take longer trying to remember what to pack or trying to pack things that aren't needed like the washing machine and the fine china.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love to see Cobb used like Harvin smh...see that's the difference between a conservative play caller and one that finds ways to get his most dynamic offensive player the football. Cobb is so underused in this offense he gets wasted . He can be used the same ways as Percy Harvin. Just the threat of him being used as a runner puts extra pressure on the defense which helps Rodgers.

As much as I like Cobb, I don't think he has Harvin's speed.

Last edited:

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read some complaints about them following the Sea Chicks game but I thought they gave Air-Run plenty of time to throw and just one sack. Better than other times, I think.

I'd agree the o line did well pass blocking, other than Sherrod's two whiffs.

The run blocking didn't look so good though.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd agree the o line did well pass blocking, other than Sherrod's two whiffs.

The run blocking didn't look so good though.
True.
I think we were just outplayed. This time Seattle was ready for us.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is Rex Ryan still the head coach of the Jets?
Is he the modern most winningest coach for them?
Otherwise I can't imagine why he hasn't been fired yet.
Maybe they are just too afraid of him cursing up a storm.
Now let's go get a ******* snack.

Myndflyte

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm watching the Jets game and Geno Smith doesn't like to go down when he's running. And the Raiders had some good hits on him when he was running the option. I think the Packers got to put a few good licks on him and he'll think twice about running it.

L7Panda

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers will exploit our questionable secondary (when he has time), but we will exploit your run defense. Problem is we have a problem with finishing in the redzone and I'm not quite sure you will have that same issue. Geno still, although better, makes bad mistakes at times (see 2 fumbles, INT vs OAK despite going 23-of-28).

I feel 100% better about this game now than I did 6 months ago, but I still think you guys beat us ... but I'll be in the stands in section 135 hoping otherwise!

For now, and this may change after beers on Saturday night, I'm going with you guys edging us out. I'll say 27-23, GB.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's funny. Reading that thread about shutting down elite QBs, I instantly thought of how they did that with Revis. They haven't done it without him. Some of them also don't know our RB depth, so even without Lacy we actually have a good running game. There are few teams that shut down Rodgers, and he has bounced back to have a good game every time.

Cobb had a great rookie season, has been good since but not elite. He might have had elite athleticism before his injury but I haven't seen it since. I love the guy, I just don't know if it's fair to declare him up there with Harvin. That said, Cobb is a much better receiver than Harvin and I'd rather have a really good second WR than a speedy one trick pony.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's funny. Reading that thread about shutting down elite QBs, I instantly thought of how they did that with Revis. They haven't done it without him. Some of them also don't know our RB depth, so even without Lacy we actually have a good running game. There are few teams that shut down Rodgers, and he has bounced back to have a good game every time.

Cobb had a great rookie season, has been good since but not elite. He might have had elite athleticism before his injury but I haven't seen it since. I love the guy, I just don't know if it's fair to declare him up there with Harvin. That said, Cobb is a much better receiver than Harvin and I'd rather have a really good second WR than a speedy one trick pony.

Cobb has played only two games post injury. Too quick to say his athleticism has declined.

L7Panda

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know of James Starks' skill set, but if you want to beat us your best bet is through the air. Third rated run D last year and we allowed MJD/McFadden just 25 yards last week. Yes, they're over the hill, but the point is you don't need Lacy to beat us. You just have to keep 12 upright and you should come out on top.