Official Packers vs Jets discussion

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I feel bad for the Jets......well not really. After the melt down in Sea., I think the Jets stand ZERO chance of winning in GB. If we got after wilson the way we did, Geno smith will crack under that pressure. We should see some INT's, and more sacks. Offense should roll on as well.

Packers - 34

Jets - 17

PackManDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hold true to the statement that in professional sports anything can happen. So with that being said, do the Jets have a shot at beating the Packers in Lambeau? Yes. BUT, I'd say extremely unlikely. We have 10 days off to recuperate from this beating we took in Seattle and hopefully work on some things we need to work on.

Prediction: Packers 30-14

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't think the Jets will have a realistic chance of ipsetting the Packers at Lambeau, especially with their dire situation at CB.

I expect a tremendous game by Rodgers and the Packers wining easily.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel bad for the Jets......well not really. After the melt down in Sea., I think the Jets stand ZERO chance of winning in GB. If we got after wilson the way we did, Geno smith will crack under that pressure. We should see some INT's, and more sacks. Offense should roll on as well.

Packers - 34

Jets - 17

I think the Offense rolls and Sherrod gets some needed game experience and confidence.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I don't think the Jets will have a realistic chance of upsetting the Packers at Lambeau...
Well they would have before last night. Now they'll be extremely overconfident! :D

PackManDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know much about the Jets team at all. Who is their first round pick this year? What new acquisitions did they get in the off-season? Who are their best players and what positions do they play?

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know much about the Jets team at all. Who is their first round pick this year? What new acquisitions did they get in the off-season? Who are their best players and what positions do they play?

Calvin Pryor in the 1st round and Jace Amaro in the 2nd. Both guys that could have ended up in Green Bay had things shaked out a little differently. Dunno any of their other picks. Their defensive line is pretty good. Other than that, they are kind of... harmless.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Jets added Michael Vick, Eric Decker, Chris Johnson and Breno Giacomini via free agency while losing Mark Sanchez, Santonio Holmes, CB Antonio cromartie and starting RT Austin Howard and cutting WR Stephen Hill.

They have a very good DL with 2013 defensive rookie of the year Sheldon Richardson and huge NT Damon Harrison (350 pounds) being the best players on the unit

Right now they have huge problems at CB with Dee Milliner out since the early stages of camp, CB Dexter McDougle out for the season and Dimitri Patterson having been released because going AWOL during camp.

At the moment their depth chart at CB includes Kyle Wilson (28 carrer starts, only one in 2013 though), Darrin Walls (four), Leon McFadden (two) and Phillip Adams (two), who was picked up after the final cuts.

Last edited by a moderator:

PackManDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shows how much I paid attention this off-season. Didn't even realize that Sanchez was no longer on the team. Where did he go?

wist43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Jets added Michael Vick, Eric Decker, Chris Johnson and Breno Giacomini via free agency while losing Mark Sanchez, Santonio Holmes, CB Antonio cromartie and starting RT Austin Howard and cutting WR Stephen Hill.

They have a very good DL with 2013 defensive rookie of the year Sheldon Richardson and huge NT Damon Harrison (350 pounds) being the best players on the unit

Right now they have huge problems at CB with Dee Milliner out since the early stages of camp, CB Dexter McDougle out for the season and Dimitri Patterson having been released because going AWOL during camp.

At the moment their depth chart at CB includes Kyle Wilson (28 carrer starts, only one in 2013 though), Darrin Walls (four), Leon McFadden (two) and Phillip Adams (two), who was picked up after the final cuts.

Ryan is a good coach, a defense first coach... so even with their problems at corner, I expect they'll adjust by keeping everything in front of them and playing less man. That should force Rodgers to be patient.

Don't expect that we'll be able to run the ball well against them - unlike Dom Capers, some teams still believe stopping the run is a priority.

---------------------------------------------------

On defense, we should be okay... not b/c we are okay, but b/c the Jets are very anemic. I expect they'll get their rushing yds... at least 120 on the ground, but unless Geno Smith has taken a quantum leap forward, they just don't have the weapons to be very dangerous.

---------------------------------------------------

Overall, we should win this game without much trouble, but our defense is a huge question mark; so if the Jets can control the clock, and rack up 180+ yds on the ground, the game will be closer than most expect.

Worst case scenerio, Packers 27 Jets 20

More likely, Packers 31 Jets 17

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Watching the Jets at the moment and I think the game is going to be closer than we would like it to be watching their running game.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers 38
Jets 20 (including 4th quarter FG and TD in "trash time")

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jets upset us and win 23-21. They will run the ball and play good defense..and then MM will get predictable and Rex Ryan will out coach him. Rodgers will throw for over 3oo yds and 3 tds but Jets rbs will run the ball for over 200 yds and cause a couple turnovers giving them great field position. I wouldn't look past them.

OneHotelFoxtrot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am confident that our D bounces back and puts on a great performance. The offense gets back on track as well. This team will be hungry, they're angry after the embarrassment in Seattle. Pack win 34-10. GO PACK GO!

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure hope Rodell isn't correct. Jets want to run the ball, which the Packer D isn't highly capable of stopping. The Jets will try running screens, so any pressure our D does apply will get abused with screens over/around/through them.

The Packer's best chance is to score early and often and force the Jets to play catch-up. If this happens then there's a good chance at creating turnovers and distancing the lead.

STOP the run, keep contain and make sure somebody can sniff-out a screen if/when they attempt it.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wilkerson is their best guy on the dline. And yeah, it's really good.

As for them running the ball down our throats for the win, I think things will be different with no Percy Harvin back there. Also, hopefully, we'll try Pennell and Boyd at NT if Guion isn't capable of getting it done.

Pack takes this one.

D

Deleted member 6794

Wilkerson is their best guy on the dline.

Not sure I agree with Wilkerson being their best guy on the DL. There´s no doubt he´s the best pass rusher on the unit, the other guys are pretty stout against the run though.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see us running with much success On them. May a few nice gains but the game will come down to Rodgers and the Wrs. Hopefully we see more Janis and Adams . The Packers also need some more production out of the tightend which will also open things up. They need to seriously consider bringing back Finley .

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I know about the draft and the off season is this guy named Michael Sam. LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts