Nfccg duds

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay didn't do enough to beat both the Bucs and the officials.

Tampa Bay didn't do enough to beat the Packers.

Tampa Bay plus the officiating did just enough to beat the Packers.

Sometimes the refs get blamed as a cop out. Sometimes they get blamed because they legitimately changed the outcome of the game. Today, they legitimately changed the outcome of the game. Their failure to call defensive holding all game gave at least 10 points to TB and took opportunities away from GB. Their sudden willingness to call it when Tampa was going to have to punt ended the game for GB.

There are always people who say "reffing aside, they didn't play well enough to win." Well neither did the Bucs. But they got help.

I accept what I see.

I normally do not bash or blame officiating but it is too much to ask for them to be consistent?

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll say it again, you want to know why we lost?
Wagner/Turner were beaten like rented mules all game long
Aaron Jones
Kevin King

some young depth guys had ups and downs, but those 4 put us in position to lose. I thought everyone else played pretty well or at least as good as I can expect them to.

Should I laugh or cry here?

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everybody blaming the refs are lazy. The refs were allowing both sides to play and both sides got away with a lot. The pass interference penalty should have been a holding calla nd not a PI but it was an easy call.

Packers won the turnover battle and time of possession and didn't take advantage.

Stop blaming the refs.

Then they should have called PI after Lazard got mugged before the INT earlier.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think maybe they should consider allowing Challenges on turnovers and penalties...

The one big play was also the AR interception, which was an obvious Defensive Holding penalty that turned into a momentum shift interception instead

Bad throw by AR though

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im a broken record on this, but not checking Dillon out against TB in the early going was a dud.

Bake51

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then they should have called PI after Lazard got mugged before the INT earlier.

I agree that was a penalty on Lazard. That holding wasn't quite as bad of a hold as the Tyler Johnson hold at the end. Either way the refs blew calls on both sides.

The Packers didn't do enough to win this game. The refs were not the reason for the loss.

Bucs beat us fair and square and it's time for this fanbase to accept that.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that was a penalty on Lazard. That holding wasn't quite as bad of a hold as the Tyler Johnson hold at the end. Either way the refs blew calls on both sides.

The Packers didn't do enough to win this game. The refs were not the reason for the loss.

Good luck with that. :)

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of our best backup safeties - Raven Greene - is on IR.

We acknowledged that earlier, but Redmond is a horrible back there, and has been consistently all season. I would have taken a chance on Scott or Black. But how the Packers, or Pettine, thought that Tramon wasn't the better option at Safety back there over Redmond is a major dud.

He doesn’t play much safety.

We finally agree on something. And to that point I'll say at a certain juncture, Raven too has to go. We either need a true LB who can play coverage, or another SS who is as good as he is in the box as he in in two deep. I hope that's what either Scott or Black could be but I don't think it's likely.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think it was worse, Lazard was going by him and if he doesn't grab inside his shoulder pads to change his own momentum and go along for the ride, he isn't in position to make any play.

If King had his Jersey, yeah, that's a big time hold. They don't give and he would have slowed him way down, but he did stretch out the super stretchy undershirt, looked terrible. Didn't slow him down any on a ball throw way over his head. King needs to do better and I hope he doesn't for some other team, but he didn't do anything any worse than what was being done the entire game. There was another play earlier with Lazard too, they were all freaking over him. I think we ended up punting on that one.

anyway, on a better thrown ball, no issues with the flag other than they picked a fine time to start calling it. I don't think it was the reason GB lost, we had plenty of opportunities, but they sure did take away their chance to win it. That's when refs influence the game. They shouldn't.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Biggest dud was not scoring points off the interceptions
Agreed. And the play calling was really weird, six straight passes. MLF once again got away from the run. First and goal at the 8, three straight passes says it all. Frustrating loss cause they had so many opportunities to win it.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed. And the play calling was really weird, six straight passes. MLF once again got away from the run. First and goal at the 8, three straight passes says it all. Frustrating loss cause they had so many opportunities to win it.
Are you sure MLF wanted all passes? Did rodgers change? Were there options?

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously Pettine deserves huge blame for giving up the TD before the half.

But we still had a timeout before that play. Did MLF not recognize the defense we were in? Why was no timeout called to correct the defensive scheme?

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you sure MLF wanted all passes? Did rodgers change? Were there options?
Good point, and I don't know. Maybe MLF called some run plays and Rodgers changed a few. I don't think that happened on all six plays, but certainly possible Rodgers changed some of the calls. Then there was that strange play where it looked like Rodgers could either run it in or get to the 1 or 2 yard line.

Aside from that series, GB only ran the ball 16 times. Now down 28-10, yeah they had to pass. Even so, and especially after the October loss, I thought MLF would run more.

Oh well, this clearly hurts. 4 straight NFCCG losses. Next year should be interesting, not just for GB, but the entire league with a reduced cap.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously Pettine deserves huge blame for giving up the TD before the half.

But we still had a timeout before that play. Did MLF not recognize the defense we were in? Why was no timeout called to correct the defensive scheme?
That was an unforgivable slip. And for some reason, they had Amos playing the middle of the field when there was no chance Brady would go there. Yeah the corners need to protect the sidelines, but they should be backed up by safeties. Anyway, terrible call by Pettine.

And King should never let a WR get that far behind him, on any play but especially when there was no safety help. Well, that's the end of King in GB.

Members online

Latest posts