Nfccg duds

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not at all, to be fair that is the kind of breakdown expression more fans need....vastly too many see something bad happen and label one player blindly with fault or one factor the sole reason. He lays out multiple issues and some of largest factors...which I'd categorize as catastrophic by some involved.
that meme was more because F>R is one of the more pessimistic posters here.

I also much prefer seeing a breakdown like that, as it highlights things that I don't see the same as people that grew up with American hand-egg

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I also much prefer seeing a breakdown like that, as it highlights things that I don't see the same as people that grew up with American hand-egg

Both of your statements I cannot construct disagreement on LOL

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't defend Pettine on the play call! I said Kings inability to know basic fundamentals of how to play corner are on KING, not Pettine! I'm pretty sure the DC didn't tell King, "stop going backwards after 15 yards randomly so that receiver can get by you."

I'm not debating that King sucks. King sucks. But Pettine should know that better than anyone and not call a defense that could potentially leave him one on one with the potential to get beat deep on the last play of the first half.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not debating that King sucks. King sucks. But Pettine should know that better than anyone and not call a defense that could potentially leave him one on one with the potential to get beat deep on the last play of the first half.

If you're complaint is the Pettine didn't do enough to cover for a bad corner that's fair,I guess. I still think the blame should be on the bad corner though, or the GM for not getting a better player at one of the most important positions on the team.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If you're complaint is the Pettine didn't do enough to cover for a bad corner that's fair,I guess. I still think the blame should be on the bad corner though, or the GM for not getting a better player at one of the most important positions on the team.

The two things are mutually exclusive.

King was horrible on that play. He played the situation as bad as he could.

That completely aside, calling cover one when there's six seconds left from your 40 yard line is utterly inexcusable.

VAPACKER

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure its been covered by now. Redmon doesn't drop an interception Stevie Wonder would have caught then a lot of other bad things never occur. He also reacted like he was on ****** as the WR ran by King and he was supposed to be the deep help. By the time he started reacting the ball was there. They all were convinced Tampa Bay was going to throw to the sticks to setup a FG attempt.

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We all feared what would happen when Bakhtiari went down. Turner held up for two games, but sooner or later it would come back to haunt them. Now the Chiefs best lineman, LT Eric Fisher tore his achilles. They are already without RT Mitchell Schwartz. Their RG also went out during the game. Things are falling into place for the Bucs.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score

A person can both criticize bad corner play and a DC for not doing more from a schematic standpoint to cover up from weaknesses. As for that touchdown Cover 1 isnt a good call there, but it can work if you have a smart FS with enough range. Not sure who had deep responsibility but that ball looked like a punt. Someone like Nick Collins runs that down and likely picks it, sadly we dont have a Nick Collins.

This seems like our battle cry for 90% of our seasons the last 30 years.

This is how it is for most fanbases most teams arent going to the superbowl in any given year.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

That completely aside, calling cover one when there's six seconds left from your 40 yard line is utterly inexcusable.
The fact that he will not acknowledge this simple truth is troubling.

The idea that Pettine completely botched this play is apparent to absolutely anyone with half a brain, or at least the desire to be objective.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This seems like our battle cry for 90% of our seasons the last 30 years.

Only one team wins the world championship every year. Green Bay has won more than anyone else.

And if we don't win it every year.....At least we're not the Vikings.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A person can both criticize bad corner play and a DC for not doing more from a schematic standpoint to cover up from weaknesses. As for that touchdown Cover 1 isnt a good call there, but it can work if you have a smart FS with enough range. Not sure who had deep responsibility but that ball looked like a punt. Someone like Nick Collins runs that down and likely picks it, sadly we dont have a Nick Collins.

This is how it is for most fanbases most teams arent going to the superbowl in any given year.

Sure, all but two won't go. However, I'd argue that MOST fanbases DON'T feel like

It ended badly, but it was a great season. Thank you, (fill in a team name).

I can't wait for next season to start.

rdawsoniii

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To the those who think we should have gone for the td instead of a FG towards the end:

Suppose it was successful and we tied the game. Does anyone here REALLY think our defense would keep Brady from leading Tampa right down the field for a last second FG?

And suppose we either failed getting a td or the 2 pt conversion and still trailed. We already KNOW the defense couldn’t get the ball back.

Packers lose either way.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we go with that scenario, I guess the choice would be do they want to go down fighting?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Most teams don't have first ballot HOF quarterbacks playing on their team for 30 straight years.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still feel sick.

This hurts way more than the previous conference championship losses.

Well, I'd probably put it right on par with 2007. Last chance we had to give Favre a 2nd Superbowl win as a Packer. Might have been the last, or one of the last good chances yesterday for Rodgers.

This year ... Man, I may just be salty about yesterday from feeling like it was inexcusable to lose ... But I really don't feel like watching the Superbowl. I mean ... Idk, maybe in 2 weeks I will change my mind.

But right now ... About the only way to do something to make up for yesterday is to kick Pettine and Mennenga outta here. And that's not reactionary either. It's a must.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, Greene is on IR and has been for a while. Barnes solidified that defense being in there to call the defense, no problems with him on the field. and Tramon while nice to maybe have in a pinch, there's a reason he was out almost the entire season and only played a handful or snaps with the Ravens last week. A guy that has hardly played, is at the end of his career and just signed in week isn't your best option.

Thank you for the clarification on Greene, I didn't see him specifically listed as inactive but I didn't check IR.

Tramon could have not played all year and I'd trot him out there before Redmond. They must've just assumed the NFCCG was in the bag and Tramon would play in the Super Bowl?

Maybe. But I don't think Tramon would have been able to do anything to avoid the outcome of the Miller TD.

Having played FS for us for an entire year, but truly a CB, as I mentioned in my breakdown those 12 yards that Redmond was away from the spot, Tramon would have been there. I know it sounds crazy but I guarantee it. Whether Miller still caught it is uncertain but it definitely would have been a pass into double coverage.

Both of your statements I cannot construct disagreement on LOL

I'M PESSIMISTIC????!!!! BLOW ME DOWN!!!!

I'm realistic.:coffee:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Having played FS for us for an entire year, but truly a CB, as I mentioned in my breakdown those 12 yards that Redmond was away from the spot, Tramon would have been there. I know it sounds crazy but I guarantee it.

I don't know what to do with such a guarantee.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree, I was not defending the play call.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know tramon fair catches that free interception from Brady before the Miller bomb TD at half too....

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have literally 6 safeties on the roster but the best one behind Savage and Amos is Redmond? HOW???? That's on Pettine.