MM is just about on the hot seat

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum - View Profile: realpackerbacker

Him? He isnt banned..He got a 7 day ban..But not for hating Rodgers, he was trolling with ridiculous posts

And this is the type of stuff he said, and if you agree with it then I have you pegged wrong

Yeah what were we thinking banning a guy that says Rodgers should be traded for a water boy, he clearly was not a troll

I don't agree with him, don't you see my signature? Maybe you can get an idea of how I feel about the season...

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't go back through all 13 pages, as I was linked to this one from the other one, but if the comments are similar, then all I have to say is WOW. God, some of you sound like pathetic Vikings fans now.

I believe the quote that caught my attention was "From pre-season suberbowl picks... To missing the playoffs in the NFC North.. That takes talent. A talent that needs to be sent somewhere else."

Sorry, but what an idiotic and ignorant comment, considering how the season turned out. 13 people on IR, including 6 starters. WTF's MM supposed to do at this point? There is usually a pretty steep drop off in talent between your starters and your backups, but because of TT and MM we didn't see much of an impact for most of the season.

And dude, it's the friggin pre-season. If you're really putting a lot of stock into what the idiots in the media are talking about before a damn ball is snapped when it counts, then I have some ocean front property in Arizona to sell you.

"They shoulda traded for Marshawn Lynch!" Yeah, because he's been a world beater for Seattle and would have made all the difference with us. Newsflash- Seattle runs the ball far more than we do, yet he's been largely irrelevant. And in case you haven't noticed, our offensive line is terrible. We had the same issue running against Atlanta that we had against Detroit last weekend. Kinda hard to run when you have 3 defenders in the back field all game long.

Besides, trading for Lynch doesn't allow you to replace Tauscher or Finley. It doesn't let you replace Mike Neal, Morgan Burnett, Nick Barnett, Brad Jones or the myriad of others on IR either.

Look, I'm not an apologist, but I think many of you MM and TT bashers are grossly over-reacting. Take a deep breath, look at the big picture and ask yourself how you would have overcome so many season-ending injuries. My guess is your plan wouldn't have worked any better than theirs.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IF your going to trash management for something offer an alternative thats realistic. I am sick of reading about how we need or needed to fix the run game and trade/ pick up someone. Or the comment I saw at someone point in the past week about how we should of had a veteran back up. Name someone! or two! Sorry but I would rather have flynn as an unknown than dante culpepper.

I enjoy reading the posts from people who offer realistic changes to fix the O line, such as which coach to hire and who to keep and who to dump and where we would replace from.

I am amazed at the job TT did in the draft last year. We all sat on here and wondered why in the hell he would take such and such a player or such and such a position. Sure enough Jolly gets suspended, Finley gets injured, and Bigby continues to get hurt. All those positions we couldnt figured out why he drafted made alot of sense. We thought we needed a linebacker, and sure enough he found one in Zombo (IR of course now but watev). I guess thats why I am holding out faith that TT kept Flynn for a reason. The staff has been high on him and I cant imagine TT leaving a glaring hole at the most important position on purpose. Maybe Flynn just practices great and doesnt do squat tomorrow night, who knows, but TT has been spot on more often than not and for that reason at this point I have to trust him.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And not enough blame has gone around the rest of the offense for the disaster in Detroit. The ENTIRE offense looked terrible. I cant just put it all on flynn or MM. Its not like Arizona where you clearly can see its the QB bringing the team down.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And not enough blame has gone around the rest of the offense for the disaster in Detroit. The ENTIRE offense looked terrible. I cant just put it all on flynn or MM. Its not like Arizona where you clearly can see its the QB bringing the team down.

You don't think there's been a quality backup in the past three seasons? I would have loved Shaun Hill or Byron Leftwich. even liked Matt Leinart or Troy Smith just off top of my head.

Then again, I had a low opinion of Flynn even when he played at LSU. He did nothing to put away those thoughts against Detroit. If he has any future in the NFL, then he'll do well tonight now that he's had a week and is playing an injury depleted Patriots roster whose suspect in the secondary outside Devin.

And I'm not willing to excuse this season completely to injuries. They've done well considering the circumstances, but there are about six other teams (including the Patriots) who have ten or more players on their IR who are in the same position or better than we are for the playoff picture. Can't really blame injuries these next two weeks because the Patriots and Giants are extremely banged up also.

But then... Bears haven't had a player on the IR since September 15 from what I can see. I have no idea how that's possible... lol.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess thats why I am holding out faith that TT kept Flynn for a reason. The staff has been high on him and I cant imagine TT leaving a glaring hole at the most important position on purpose. Maybe Flynn just practices great and doesnt do squat tomorrow night, who knows, but TT has been spot on more often than not and for that reason at this point I have to trust him.

Not only did he hold on to him, but TT dumped second round draft pick Brian Brohm and kept 6th round draft pick Matt Flynn. There *has* to be a reason, and considering how deep we discovered we are this season, Ted has totally earned my trust.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just thought of something. When Capers was in Miami he had a history of getting inside of the bradys head and beating the pats!!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't think there's been a quality backup in the past three seasons? I would have loved Shaun Hill or Byron Leftwich. even liked Matt Leinart or Troy Smith just off top of my head.

I think shaun hill was looking for a team that he thought he might decent shot at playing. He is decent and the only one I would rather have. Leinart couldnt get a job with a team that has the worst QBs in the league. Troy Smith had about as much experience as Flynn until this season (okay 2 starts but still). And this season Troy hasnt done squat.

Leftwhich hasnt had a decent run since 05 and I believe he likes Pittsburg.

Maybe we could have brought back Mark Brunell but I think the unknown is as good or better than alot of the FAs that have been floating around.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm through second guessing T.T. and M.M., everything I ever questioned them on has turned out to make them look like geniuses. How many times in this season alone have we questioned him. I remember a call for T.T.'s head thread. A few weeks later we were singing his praises and calling him a genius. Draft picks, not drafting a running back, (Lynch), the list goes on. I'm sure Flynn will be no different. I've come to have some faith in them, in their decision making. Put yourself in their shoes, what would you do with 13 guys on IR and more than half your team playing wounded? What can we realistically expect? They are coaches/ owners, not God.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I think because he's had a whole week of gameplanning and a whole week of work as the starter Flynn will go out there tonight and at the very least be decent. And then I think we can stop the "why don't we have a veteran backup?" talk.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If everyone on our team was healthy, I'd agree with you.

I actually think he should be in the running for Coach of the Year if a team with this many injuries and starters out manages to win 10 or 11 games.

If we win tonight with Flynn I agree. James Jones seems hell bent on keeping that from happening though.

Dom Capers is the one that is impressing me! #1 Defense with all he has had to deal with? Impressive! (Said in Darth Vader voice of course)

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is Collensworth going to be waiting on his knees when the Patriots enter the locker room or what? Has he said one thing positive about the Packers all night?

Opps, wrong thread!

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
MM again. What the **** is that play call? A backup QB and on 3rd and 8, with 4 solid WR's, you're calling an out route to a rookie TE????? Are you serious? We'd have a better chance of winning a SB if my cat was calling plays, jesus.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
MM doesn't deserve the Packers

Yet another game lost by our head coach. Bad clock management yet again. With the amount of time we had left, no way should we have run out of time out by the 20 yard line or whatever. No way should Slocum be anywhere near an NFL sidelines, and who is that on? MM and TT.

5-16 in games decided by 4 points or less.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Unbelievable heart from this team. Unbelievable. They had every reason to not show up tonight. Their QB is out, and the Pats are a juggernaut. But this team perservered. This team showed up. This team fought it's damn heart out.

And THAT is the impact McCarthy had on this game. You can criticize the playcalling all you want, but it's an absolute testament to the heart and soul of this team and it's leaders that we gave the Super Bowl favorites all they could handle.

I know I'm normally a negative guy here, and certainly this wasn't a perfect game, but I can't find one damn thing to complain about right now. It's a loss, sure, but I'm proud as hell of this team.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts