Mark Chmura Calls Jermichael Finley 'a Moron'

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all: Finley isn't very bright. That's pretty clear with the way he talks. He still seems immature.

Having said that, Chmura is plain jealous. The guy went in a bathtub with a 17-year old. So he's not rocket scientist. And Finley is an incredibly talented TE. He learns fast, and is very good at reading coverages. That's football smarts.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why bother accepting the opinion of an alleged ******?
It would be like taking the words of Charles Manson and thinking of them as good as gold.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Probably has something to do with Finley saying "I've got one word for you all: Green Bay Super Bowl" or something like that it was... nevertheless, Chewy should keep his trap shut.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why bother accepting the opinion of an alleged ******?
It would be like taking the words of Charles Manson and thinking of them as good as gold.

So no interest on the opinion of Kobe Bryant or Brandon Underwood?

I agree with RS on this. Finley doesnt appear that bright, and Chewy has no class.

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
Rodgers to Finley for a TD should be heard quite often over the coming years.
Yeah, thats what I was thinking.
Pot calling the kettle black, thats all this is.
Wasn't Chewy just enshrined with the Pack like 2 weeks ago?

asshalo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's simple, CHmura is picking a fight where he is the only person who stands to benefit. True he's jealous, but he's attaching himself to Finley's fame.

I like Finley's enthusiasm and so does Donald Driver. So what if he's cocky? It's not the 80s anymore and he backs up his talk. I know we're not used to that in Green Bay but the rest of the league is. Get a grip Chewy

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
540 ESPN Milwaukee

Four days after Chmura, the Packers Hall of Fame tight end and three-time Pro Bowl selection, called Finley a “moron” during his weekly radio show, Finley, the team’s current starting tight end, fired back Thursday by saying Chmura’s comments on his intelligence were rooted in “jealousy.”

Chmura, who was inducted into the Packers Hall of Fame last month, was talking about Finley shouting "Super Bowl" and "Dallas, Texas" during a televised interview at the end of the team’s annual Family Night Scrimmage on Saturday night. Super Bowl XLV will be held in suburban Dallas in February.

"He is a great player, but he is a moron," Chmura said on “The Miller Lite Football Show,” which airs on 540 ESPN in Milwaukee and 100.5 FM ESPN in Madison, as well as on ESPNMilwaukee.com and ESPNMadison.com.

Chmura later gave Finley some unsolicited free advice: “Shut your mouth ... You're a heck of a player but … be quiet.”

Finley learned of Chmura’s comments when ProFootballTalk.com posted an item about them earlier this week.

"That's just one of those jealousy things, I guess," Finley said Thursday. "I'm not trying to call him out or nothing. But that's how I see it."

Finley said he has never met Chmura, who played for the Packers from 1993 through ’99 and was part of the Packers' last Super Bowl-winning team in 1996.

“Never seen him. If he walked in this locker room, I wouldn’t know who he was,” Finley said. “I think he thought they stopped inventing the Super Bowl when they won it in '96, so he doesn't want to see that from my standpoint.”

Asked if he’d like to meet Chmura, Finley replied, “I would love to meet him. I would love that, (to) be in his face right now.”

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
Ahhhh hahahha ohhh chewy, if you could have just Kept your trap shut and caught balls you'd prob be the TE coach.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all: Finley isn't very bright. That's pretty clear with the way he talks. He still seems immature.

Having said that, Chmura is plain jealous. The guy went in a bathtub with a 17-year old. So he's not rocket scientist. And Finley is an incredibly talented TE. He learns fast, and is very good at reading coverages. That's football smarts.

I highly doubt that a guy with a Superbowl ring is jealous of a guy who has been in the league 2 years and was just named the starting TE......like a couple weeks ago.

jkrelt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Make sure you check your sources when you read these internet sports stories!!

13-14 years ago Chewy was a sleeze ball, heck, maybe he still is...I don't care. But he might be getting trudged through the mud here a bit by some of these no-name internet sports journalists. Its not like Chewy's just jealous of Finely...he was doing a radio interview and responding to a question the interviewer asked him about Finely's Moss-like comment about "playing when he wants to play." Chewy's definitely not going to be getting any awards for his choice of words. But his point is taken, JF needs to keep his head down and play football because he has a helluva lot of potential!

Finely is a lights out TE...top 5 in the league. As Rodger's new fav target its going to be TGIFinely all season long!
p.s-follow this guy on twitter, he is funny as hell.

Attachments

• nfl_g_cecil2_576.jpg
    nfl_g_cecil2_576.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 117

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Make sure you check your sources when you read these internet sports stories!!

13-14 years ago Chewy was a sleeze ball, heck, maybe he still is...I don't care. But he might be getting trudged through the mud here a bit by some of these no-name internet sports journalists. Its not like Chewy's just jealous of Finely...he was doing a radio interview and responding to a question the interviewer asked him about Finely's Moss-like comment about "playing when he wants to play." Chewy's definitely not going to be getting any awards for his choice of words. But his point is taken, JF needs to keep his head down and play football because he has a helluva lot of potential!

Finely is a lights out TE...top 5 in the league. As Rodger's new fav target its going to be TGIFinely all season long!
p.s-follow this guy on twitter, he is funny as hell.

This I agree with. It's better to get the whole story straight before we start judging Chmura. Like jkrelt said, Chmura was simply responding to questions about his opinions towards Finley's character. He never downplayed Finley's skills or development, just gave him a word of advice to shut your mouth and do your job on the field. Finley shouldn't have been so rash to take Chmura's words for granted. In fact for a guy like Chmura who's been through the media circus and a victim of their scrutiny, wouldn't it be wise for Finley to take Chmura's advice seriously?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One gets cheered when he is at Lambeau and one doesnt. Thats gotta sting a little.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dunno why we're giving attention to a wife cheating child ****** on here.

Chumara is just being a troll and should be ignored.
Hopefully this thread will either be locked or ignored from now on.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jeff Thomason was a TE on that team with a SB ring also. And he can't carry Finley's jock either. There are lots of guys with Super Bowl rings who aren't worth a damn. I happen to think Chmura was a good TE, but not a great TE. And, Finley is already better than Chmura ever was.

Besides, Chmura was the one picking the fight - not Finley.

Did I say anything about who was picking the fight? As far as Jeff Thomason was or is concerned, sure, he sucked. Are we comparing 3rd stringers with starters now? As far as I am concerned, and from everything I have heard, Chumura is always blabin his mouth and is not only a guy who got away with some jacked up ****, but is an ******* on top of that. Do I think Finley is better? Ya damn skippy I do. But if you ask me.......they both have a chip on their shoulder.

Anyhow......like I said before. Chumura has nothing to be Jealous about. He has what Finley wants. A Superbowl ring. Oh......and a ****** paycheck when he gets a new contract.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did I say anything about who was picking the fight? As far as Jeff Thomason was or is concerned, sure, he sucked. Are we comparing 3rd stringers with starters now? As far as I am concerned, and from everything I have heard, Chumura is always blabin his mouth and is not only a guy who got away with some jacked up ****, but is an ******* on top of that. Do I think Finley is better? Ya damn skippy I do. But if you ask me.......they both have a chip on their shoulder.

Anyhow......like I said before. Chumura has nothing to be Jealous about. He has what Finley wants. A Superbowl ring. Oh......and a ****** paycheck when he gets a new contract.
Yes, he doesn't have any reason to be jealous.

That's why it bothers me that he IS.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, he doesn't have any reason to be jealous.

That's why it bothers me that he IS.

Thats what Finley says anyhow. So I guess since he is a Packer, a damn good tight end, that we as Packer fans want him to do well and kick *** this year, we should listen to him.