Lions studs lol and duds

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. That's just emotion towards the current game.

Baltimore/GB 2005 was an absolutely s$$t show. If I rattle my brain I'm sure I'd find others.
To be fair if our response to “that was the worst half ever” is “it’s not the worst half ever, it’s just the worst half in nearly two decades” that’s not really too encouraging either, lol.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2005 ravens
Brett n Aaron both played

No. That's not how you build a team. Just what were you expecting this year? We have the youngest starters in the league BY FAR. If they were to do what you suggest you IMMEDIATELY set back the time table 2 years. Young players, even future Pro Bowlers, are inconsistent. They make bad decisions. They occasionally get confused about what to do, and we have a LOT of those guys right now. It takes TIME.
I don't know what some folks were expecting this year. This is indeed going to be an up and down season. Folks forget in 2008 we went 6-10 in Rodgers' first season as a full time starter.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
No. That's not how you build a team. Just what were you expecting this year? We have the youngest starters in the league BY FAR. If they were to do what you suggest you IMMEDIATELY set back the time table 2 years. Young players, even future Pro Bowlers, are inconsistent. They make bad decisions. They occasionally get confused about what to do, and we have a LOT of those guys right now. It takes TIME.
Well said

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be fair if our response to “that was the worst half ever” is “it’s not the worst half ever, it’s just the worst half in nearly two decades” that’s not really too encouraging either, lol.

I'm sure I could come up with a list of halves that were worse in the last 2 decades. I generally don't like "Worst X ever" comments because they are usually just emotion based on something that just happened.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In Aaron's first season as a starter we went 6-10.

I don't know what some folks were expecting this year. This is indeed going to be an up and down season. Folks forget in 2008 we went 6-10 in Rodgers' first season as a full time starter.
Exactly. And he had a lot more veterans around him. He had Driver, Jennings, Grant, and a pretty darn good OL plus rookie Jordy and Jermichael. I expect we will win more this year than we did that year. I said 8 or 9 wins a month ago and I stand by it now.

Last edited:

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My hope for the season was that things we are seeing in weeks 1-4 are eliminated in weeks 14-17 and there are as many meaningful games as possible. They are 2-2. Still probably in the 8 win realm.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My hope for the season was that things we are seeing in weeks 1-4 are eliminated in weeks 14-17 and there are as many meaningful games as possible. They are 2-2. Still probably in the 8 win realm.
The measure of success for this team this year is improvement. Success this year won't be measured in wins and losses and I'm not talking about moral victories. I'm talking about seeing rookies and second year players mature because that's what you want to see in them.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the other hand, Barry’s entering his third season with us. The defense is largely healthy, and in terms of total investment (draft capital spent plus money allotted) is likely the most “expensive” in the league. He has been given every opportunity to succeed with the talent at his disposal.
Is it really that difficult to find a defensive coordinator? Apparently it is.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The measure of success for this team this year is improvement. Success this year won't be measured in wins and losses and I'm not talking about moral victories. I'm talking about seeing rookies and second year players mature because that's what you want to see in them.
Well said. And if we were looking at help around the trade deadline it has to be on the lines. Especially without Jenkins and Bahk. We have to protect Love a lot better.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Again this is a late replay Dud post, I’m not a big fan of DC Barry “But” putting all the blame on him is not justified, YES he is in charge of the D on the field but it’s the players on the field who are not performing, looks like a lack of talent, and management needs to address this.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way we usually answered in the past was to match an offense that runs over us with one of our own. You can see that we are not at that level any longer. It is a new team.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reminds me of one day when my wife said “that’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever done” and I idignantly said “no it’s not I’ve done WAY …..”

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Late night replay Studs and Duds.
Studs: Me up late posting, Doubs, Watson,
Duds: O,line, O’line offense, Defense, penalty‘s, Enzone Fans, MLF

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. And he had a lot more veterans around him. He had Driver, Jennings, Grant, and a pretty darn good OL plus rookie Jordy and Jermichael. I expect we will win more this year than we did that year. I said 8 or 9 wins a month ago and I stand by it now.
Now the old Captain claimed it was our defense that sputtered in 2008 rather than our offense. But it was both. That team lost to some not so good opponents. And they were terrible at crunch time. And recall that 2 of those wins came against an 0-16 Lions team.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fair enough, but I mean…is anyone *actually* doing that? I’ve not seen anyone claiming the first half or loss in general was solely due to Barry’s defense.

But in any case it would be kind of ridiculous IMO to hold them to the same standard too.

The offense is still dealing with major injuries. It’s Love’s first year as starter, and by and large the skill positions are full of relatively inexperienced players.

On the other hand, Barry’s entering his third season with us. The defense is largely healthy, and in terms of total investment (draft capital spent plus money allotted) is likely the most “expensive” in the league. He has been given every opportunity to succeed with the talent at his disposal.

So yes, the offense was atrocious, but quite frankly they should be afforded much, MUCH more slack than Barry and his defense at this point. He has run out of “leash” if you ask me.

We are missing our CB1, LB1 and Stokes our second boundary corner.

I agree with a ton of what you said however and while they’re missing massive cogs too, I wouldn’t be against firing Barry at all. Overdue

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again this is a late replay Dud post, I’m not a big fan of DC Barry “But” putting all the blame on him is not justified, YES he is in charge of the D on the field but it’s the players on the field who are not performing, looks like a lack of talent, and management needs to address this.
You need a coach who is going to put them in a position to succeed though, and they don't have that. And I just don't see that lack of talent you're talking about. Who are you referring to specifically?

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds
OL - Especially the first half. Rasheed Walker and Newman didn't look like they belonged. Surprised as walker looked much better last week.
Defense - expected better. Let a rookie TE have a big night.

Studs - Quay Walker - aside from the mistake (which was a penalty for over-aggressive) he was all over the field. He is going to be a big force for us.
Carlson - as concerned as I was going into the season, he has done very well. His onside kick didn't look good but I understand what he was doing. He got a bounce that could have gone anywhere, giving the Packers a good shot at recovery. It went out of bounds, maybe next time.
Punter - no complaints.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I struggle to think our best offensive five along the line includes Newman.

Unless Yosh has fallen off the face of the earth skill wise put him at tackle and Tom at guard.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What are you, 14 years old? This game isn't even in the top 50 bad games.

Wait, forget the 14 comment. What about our last 2 season openers, against the Saints and Vikings? 23-7 and 38-3. Far more pitiful looking.
And our 27-10 loss at home to the lowly Jets.

Members online

No members online now.