jsonline- Spencer Havner visit Packers

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Former Packers tight end Spencer Havner visited the team on Friday to undergo a physical and see how far he has come in rehabilitation of a pulled hamstring, his agent said.
Havner, who was let go in camp and picked up by the Detroit Lions, was released again after suffering the hamstring pull. The Packers may need help after rookie Andrew Quarless suffered a shoulder injury against the Jets Sunday and Havner would eventually be able to help fill the void.
However, he isn't fully healed from the hamstring injury and probably would be a candidate to be signed coming out of the bye.
i was a little surprised to see this.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Im not, he can play LB and TE

It was a real head scratcher when they let him go

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Always loved Havner, I would welcome him back with open arms, he is an all around good football player, I like to see guys like him on my team.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
BRING HIM BACK!!!!

I was dumbfounded when they let him go, couldn't believe it...

sask_cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SIGN THE MAN NOW!!!! The only thing our young TE's have proved is that they're not yet ready to take over the load. Throw in the injury-riddled state of the LB corps, and this becomes a no-brainer!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I was upset that we cut him, he was decent, I hope the Packers sign him. Havner > Quarless.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good addition to the receivers and to the special teams, if his hammy will let him play.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quarless > Havner as a receiver, no doubt about it.
Crabtree > Havner as a blocker and ST player.

But Havner has good value. Would like him to be back.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like havner made our offense go last year on 3rd and short. He was ALWAYS open for a short dump off and nice run for a first down when he was in the game. He had 4tds towards the end of last season.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
you guys must have forgot, March 17th, Spencer Havner Arrested for crashing his motorcycle and suspicion of drunk Driving..... that = you get cut no matter what.(edit: unless your are Ben Roethlisberger ;) Good to see he is getting a second chance, even though word from Detroit was he was a bad teammate/ Poor work ethic. Hopefully he can regain last years form and catch a couple td's.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just gotta wait this one out and see, I think Havner was money in a lot of big games last year including the Wild Card Game...not sure how much he could contribute with our LB's, haven't seen him play that position much at all

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, this is GREAT news!
The cutting of Spencer Havner made me as mad as when we released Jon Ryan, passed on Randy Moss in 2007, drafted Justin Harrell at #16, Brian Brohm in round 2 in 2008, and made Mike Neal our 2nd round pick this year.

If we get him back, I will be very very happy. That guy produced as many TDs last year as Greg Jennings did.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The cutting of Spencer Havner made me as mad as when we released Jon Ryan, passed on Randy Moss in 2007, drafted Justin Harrell at #16, Brian Brohm in round 2 in 2008, and made Mike Neal our 2nd round pick this year.

If we get him back, I will be very very happy. That guy produced as many TDs last year as Greg Jennings did.

Agreed with Havner and Ryan. Easy to judge Harrell and Brohm as mistakes now, that's for sure. Neal may well be a great pick-- too early to say. The wisdom of not dealing with Moss needs no explanation. He's been a head case since high school, about the time his social development stopped.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year he Was a beast in the red zone and he doesn't drop passes. Also we can use him on special teams.