Jimmy Graham. Feed the man.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He just looks like a big huge wr out there. I don't know how many targets or catches he got last night... But I want to see more.
More targets. More down field throws to him too.

Reaction score
He’s definitely underutilized. I think we need to start small and be patient with him. Let’s use him with some high probability throws in order to move the chains first.
I was proud to see Geronimo step up in his place. He’s notabley more confident.
We have a lot of weapons on O that havnt been implemented that we should see over the next couple of weeks.
There’s zero doubt in my mind that Graham will become a significant part of this Offense and he’ll bud like a spring flower after the passing of a good good rain. It’s a matter of time before you get your wish GBSlacker

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Ideally Rodgers would have liked to integrate him more into the offense. However with the injury and getting his first 2nd half snap down three TDs, he went with the three weapons he has the most rapport with.

The way last night unfolded, it wasn’t the time to force feed Graham.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Ideally Rodgers would have liked to integrate him more into the offense. However with the injury and getting his first 2nd half snap down three TDs, he went with the three weapons he has the most rapport with.

The way last night unfolded, it wasn’t the time to force feed Graham.
Reading on a Viking board, 49ers TEs should have had a field day. A decent QB and OC would have shredded them. Maybe get your wish game 2.

scrummymustard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he played 98% of the snaps. It was just an awkward game with AR going out. He'll get his, especially if he's playing that much.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He just looks like a big huge wr out there. I don't know how many targets or catches he got last night... But I want to see more.

Gee I wonder who could of possibly said that about him when the Packers signed him? :)

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He looked slow to me. Trevathan ran like a 4.8 and was running step for step behind him in coverage on one play. I'm worried that he is what he was last year, which is not good enough. We were looking for someone to finally make Rodgers look better, not vice versa per usual.

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe there was a combination of reasons why Graham didn't flash in his GB debut. Chicago's defense in the back end to me looked like they were making a point to be aware of where #80 was. I recall two plays back-to-back where #80 chipped Leonard Floyd then ran a wheel route, and on the next play ran a post-dig near the goal line from about 20 yards away. He was identified and covered well by the Bears on both plays; took a good shot from Bryce Callahan on the latter play. It just wasn't his night.

I'm not worried. Graham will have games like that where coverage will dictate #12 not use him, and then some games he'll explode for like 100-140 yards and a couple TDs. With the effectiveness of our Top 3 WRs in Game 1 I see an offense that has plenty of weapons as long as Aaron is there to conduct them. Jimmy will eventually get his...

Conso

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So many new things this year, new OC, new GM, several new FAs, they just need some time to get their rhythm going is all. Think of it like this, big jigsaw puzzle with all the pieces scattered. Pre-season they put the borders together now they just need to fill the rest in.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
It's one game and some people are ready to call the Graham signing a bust, of course some did that right after he signed, so I shouldn't be surprised. How are the Trey Burton fans feeling, he had one catch in 6 targets. Would you rather go back to 2015 and have Richard Rodgers as your starting TE? As Pizzle and a few others have pointed out since JG became a Packer, its not just the catches where JG is going to influence a game.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even last year with that quitter Bennett and his drops, you could see what having that TE threat did. I've never seen Jordy catch such a wide open TD in the endzone. It was because Bennett had 2-3 guys all converge on him as he broke towards the middle of the field at the goal line and Jordy sat there with as easy of a throw and catch as you'll ever see for the TD. Graham will get his catches and when he's not, his affect will be scattered around the field in the way of opportunities for other guys. Our QB is smart enough to take advantage of the match ups available and it appears Cobb, Adams and Gmo are up for it. They can't double them all and when Jones gets back that 1-2 punch with Williams is going to be something. Of course it won't be everything because we have the best throwing QB in the league (for those that want to get technical can we at least agree if he's arguable among the top 3 it's ok to say "the best" and just let it slide for the sake of argument?) we're not going to be a run dominant team. But I like where this is heading, assuming Rodgers can stay on 1 good leg at least all season.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Meh.
If Graham had been targettedmuch more often, people would be bemoaning our overpaid wide receivers, Montgomery’s uselessness, our lack of a decent #3 WR etc. There are only so many touches in a game. I think there was a good spread and most of our weapons were utilized appropriately. Allison’s ability to get open and make plays I think is going to cause consternation in this forum. We will soon hear, what about our rookie WR’s? Gute wasted those picks!
All things considered, I consider this a supersized nothing burger.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jimmy got a lot of attention from Chicago. It was obvious Fangio didn’t want Graham to beat him. This led to Cobb and Allison getting more man coverage.

Graham didn’t show up on the boxscore, but he did show up where it matters. He absolutely helped us win.

H

HardRightEdge

As noted elsewhere, on the second play of the game, Graham beat his guy off the break on a skinny post, had a couple of steps on the guy as he cleared behind the ILB sitting down, with a lot of free run in front of him. Rodgers was still standing in. I don't know why he would not have seen that or passed it up if he did.

I have to appologize to Jimmy Graham. After watching 6 possessions worth of coaches tape, I must admit he's still pretty fast. Mea Culpa.

Last edited by a moderator:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Graham came up big today. We'd better keep him in Green Bay and not screw up letting him go the way old Teddy Thompson did with Cook. That one went down as a master **** up and I sure hope Gute learned what not to do from our old former senile GM.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Graham came up big today. We'd better keep him in Green Bay and not screw up letting him go the way old Teddy Thompson did with Cook. That one went down as a master **** up and I sure hope Gute learned what not to do from our old former senile GM.

Graham signed a 3 year contract so, not like Cook who was on a 1 year contract.

Starr To Dowler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He looked slow to me. Trevathan ran like a 4.8 and was running step for step behind him in coverage on one play. I'm worried that he is what he was last year, which is not good enough. We were looking for someone to finally make Rodgers look better, not vice versa per usual.

I thought the same thing today. When I saw him running a route, my first thought was "What's Bulaga doing so far downfield?" He ran like Barney.

But, if he gets separation somehow and catches footballs, I don't care how funny he looks.