Jim Taylor's jersey #31 is retired by the Saints ??

ohiopacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw this on NFL.com , and i couldn't believe it . Taylor played what , one season for the Saints , and they retired his jersey ?? Why doesn't GB have #31 retired ?? :shrug:

GO PACK !

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ohiopacker said:
I saw this on NFL.com , and i couldn't believe it . Taylor played what , one season for the Saints , and they retired his jersey ?? Why doesn't GB have #31 retired ?? :shrug:

GO PACK !

Jan. 2, 1966: '65 NFL Title vs. Browns
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Jim Taylor running over Browns on his way to the MVP award and one of our 12 World Championships.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Packers coach Vince Lombardi is carried off the field by Jim Taylor (left) and Paul Hornung after the Packers' victory.

Everyone knows that Taylor was a Packer -- they can retire his # if they like -- but they will never have the above

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ohiopacker said:

GO PACK !

He's a native of Louisiana, went to LSU, and still does the Saints games I believe. That might have something to do with it. ( I'm not sure about the broadcaster gig )
Hammer