Status
Not open for further replies.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I try to never hate anybody.
What I hate is what they do.
There is a difference.

After thinking it over I've decided to feel neither one way or the other.
I think the Packers will win and that will speak loudly enough.

We can learn by this example:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/228823961.html

Rodgers was asked about former teammate Greg Jennings, the Vikings wide receiver who made remarks critical of Rodgers during the off-season.

"Well, I'm not going to approach it with any bitterness or any malice towards him," Rodgers said about interaction he may have with Jennings. "I choose to remember the great times that we had together, the great wins, the incredible moments. That's what I like to focus on regardless of what he wants to remember. Those are the positive things I focus on. But I definitely think we are past all that stuff. He's with them and I'm focused on the guys we've got and getting those guys ready to play."

Post #33 look very familiar :)

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings will talk to Wi media today

How long will it be before he starts crying, lol? I'd wager that there won't be any arrogant or smug attitude from him. It's pretty hard to look smug when there's egg all over your face! But, I'm sure Ted will be snickering somewhere. He usually gets this opportunity once every few years or so!

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
we have kids here. Lol

I don't get it? Its childish to want someone to use it as a siggy?

Ohhhhhhh ok....yes we have kids here. Someone took away an "optimistic" in my attempt at humor.:cautious:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were several people on this forum, purported Packer fans, who commented to the effect that if both Jennings and Driver questioned Rodgers' leadership there might be fire where there's smoke.

I maintain Jennings and Driver are knuckleheads...yeah, Driver too. You can't take one without the other.
I think that's almost a direct quote from me. I'm still not convinced either way but only because there is little proof either way. I just didn't want to completely ignore the possibility like it seemed others were so willing and easily able to do.

There's no doubt that Jennings is a knucklehead, but that doesn't instantly invalidate everything that comes out of his mouth. It just casts additional doubt on it.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings made a mistake by not accepting the Packers' initial offer. I'm sure he now regrets that decision. He's going to support whomever is his QB and I think that was the basis for his comments on Rogers. As far as egos go--name a single outstanding pro athlete who isn't egotistical at least off the record.

As for this upcoming game, Freeman beat us in Tampa when he was a rookie and the Bucs were 0 and 7. Eerily similar circumstances in this one, but I'll be surprised we're surprised this time around with him. Pack 37 Vikes 13

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Jennings made a mistake by not accepting the Packers' initial offer. I'm sure he now regrets that decision. He's going to support whomever is his QB and I think that was the basis for his comments on Rogers. As far as egos go--name a single outstanding pro athlete who isn't egotistical at least off the record.

As for this upcoming game, Freeman beat us in Tampa when he was a rookie and the Bucs were 0 and 7. Eerily similar circumstances in this one, but I'll be surprised we're surprised this time around with him. Pack 37 Vikes 13

Not an Ego Monster pro athletes? Hmmm..... Tebow, Driver (former pro) both quickly come to mind. They were/are both kinda humble and easily likeable.

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Post of the week, as seen on PFT ...

"I think Jennings explodes this week for 4 catches and 35 yards".

Holy crap, that's genius, LOL!!!

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not an Ego Monster pro athletes? Hmmm..... Tebow, Driver (former pro) both quickly come to mind. They were/are both kinda humble and easily likeable.
I can guarantee you both of those guys think they're the best at what they do. That's ego. Doesn't mean you can't like them, which I do as well.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://host.madison.com/sports/foot...cle_8bb6ab2a-3c2b-11e3-ac10-0019bb2963f4.html

GREEN BAY — Just kidding!

The offseason comments from receiver Greg Jennings questioning former Packers teammate Aaron Rodgers' leadership and whether the quarterback had become bigger than the team? Jennings, who signed with the archrival Minnesota Vikings in the offseason, said they were all made in jest.

"It wasn't meant to hurt anyone's feelings," Jennings said Wednesday in a conference call. "It was just really messing around initially and then everyone kind of blew it a little bit out of proportion."

"I probably took it a little too far," Jennings said.

"If I had stayed, I could have been overshadowing some of those guys ... not allowing them to flourish the way that I know that they're capable of flourishing," Jennings said.

He hasn't reached out to Rodgers. Jennings said he hoped that he knew that "I'm not one of those guys that wishes ill will on anyone or tries to stand out and be apart from the team. ... I know and you guys know that he's a great quarterback. He's the best player in the game."

H

HardRightEdge

I think that's almost a direct quote from me. I'm still not convinced either way but only because there is little proof either way. I just didn't want to completely ignore the possibility like it seemed others were so willing and easily able to do.

There's no doubt that Jennings is a knucklehead, but that doesn't instantly invalidate everything that comes out of his mouth. It just casts additional doubt on it.
Jennings and Driver were both fired, not to put too fine a point on it. Fired guys grind axes.

H

HardRightEdge

Jennings averages per game as a Packer. 4.4 receptions per game, 68.1 yards per game, .55 tds per game.
Jennings averages per game as a Vikings 4.0 receptions per game, 54.5 yards per game, .33 tds per game.

Considering who was throwing to him in Green Bay as to who is throwing to him in MN, not a huge drop off. But it's only 6 games. Pretty small sample so far.
You can argue it any way you want, those are not the numbers one expects for $10 million/year. Nor has he elevated the QB play in Minnesota as he promised.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, whatever Greg.
I appreciate him for what he did for the team as a Packer.
But now he drank the purple Kool-Aid from the same fountain Brett did and has put his foot in his mouth and while it's stuck there has mumbled a "Just joshing around." *YUK YUK*
I mean, it's like Minnesota will take our once fantastic superstars and let them make fools out of themselves while they leave their glory days long and gone behind them back in Green Bay.
I'm sorta starting to feel bad for the guy.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a question:
If Greg Jennings would have apologized in his media call to Wisconsin instead of trying to backpedal would that make you feel any different towards him regarding his earlier comments towards Air-Run and the Packers organization?
Why or why not?

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, whatever Greg.
I appreciate him for what he did for the team as a Packer.
But now he drank the purple Kool-Aid from the same fountain Brett did and has put his foot in his mouth and while it's stuck there has mumbled a "Just joshing around." *YUK YUK*
I mean, it's like Minnesota will take our once fantastic superstars and let them make fools out of themselves while they leave their glory days long and gone behind them back in Green Bay.
I'm sorta starting to feel bad for the guy.

Awesome post. That's hilarious. I also approve quite highly of your sig name. Did I mention that when I was in Green Bay this past weekend, I seriously contemplated taking a **** on his steakhouse restaurant? I mean, this isn't exactly the same thing as Ozzy Osbourne pissing on the Alamo, after all.

(I am joking, as I'd never urinate on a public building, but the thought did give me a chuckle)

Last edited:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
You can argue it any way you want, those are not the numbers one expects for $10 million/year. Nor has he elevated the QB play in Minnesota as he promised.
So what you are saying then is Rodgers QB play is being elevated by his WR's. Interesting.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
You've drawn an illogical conclusion. Uninteresting.
So, Jennings is supposed to elevate the play of the QB in MN, but the WR's don't elevate the play of the QB in Green Bay. Ok, just wanted to make sure I got it right.

I am curious, just how is he to elevate the play of the QB in MN?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a question:
If Greg Jennings would have apologized in his media call to Wisconsin instead of trying to backpedal would that make you feel any different towards him regarding his earlier comments towards Air-Run and the Packers organization?
Why or why not?

Nope...Not one bit..

He can take the Packers suck helmet and stick it

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dammit I thought Freeman was going to start against us.
Ponder has played 2 real good games against us, including beating us last year in a big game there week 17.
That was when he didn't have Jennings.
And we still had Matthews, Jones, Jermichael......

I really really wish it was still Freeman as his passes were constantly 5 yards too high.

Burnett might have had 5 Ints.

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dammit I thought Freeman was going to start against us.
Ponder has played 2 real good games against us, including beating us last year in a big game there week 17.
That was when he didn't have Jennings.
And we still had Matthews, Jones, Jermichael......

I really really wish it was still Freeman as his passes were constantly 5 yards too high.

Burnett might have had 5 Ints.

Dude, the Vikings are absolutely terrible this year. I mean, Les Steckel terrible. This whole Ponder is starting thing is a running circus joke - it's just a cover-up with a fake Freeman concussion - called "damage control" to save Rick Spielman's ****. Sure, they could win this game, anything can happen. But I seriously doubt we lose to that team. Our offensive line has been playing fantastic for about four straight games, particularly in the run game. The defense has been very good overall, even without Matthews. No clue what got into AJ Hawk, but this is the best he has ever played, game to game. Frankly, special teams coverage has been our weakest area, by far.

That Viking kick-returner guy, whatever the hell his name is, will probably have a big game. Other than that, I have a hard time envisioning a loss on Sunday night. Also, during the McCarthy era, he has practiced the silent snap count to death and the Metrodump hasn't been a house of horrors since the Holmgren era. I feel very confident about this game. The Vikings are the second-worst team in the NFL, behind only the Jaguars. They're getting a top-3 pick in the '14 draft, I'd almost bet on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online