Greg Jennings, LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HardRightEdge

Jennings projected 2013 stats: 64 catches, 827 yds, 5 TDs.

I can't blame him for going for the big paycheck. By the off season, the Packers may not have made much of an offer, or perhaps any offer at all.

But he should have been thankful for his good fortune, monetarily speaking, and kept his mouth shut about lifting his new QB to stardom. Great route runners are wasted on inaccurate QBs...that doesn't take much thought or any explaining.

In the mean time, Boykin put up Pro Bowl stats (for one game anyway) playing with the guy who can't lead this battered and bruised team.

His comments about "structure" and "brainwashing" do smack of the great playground gunslinger himself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
someone who is good at making GIFs will have to make one after sunday nights game. Show an Arod highlight, then the score board, then that one with the disgusted look on his face. All those combined would be sweeeet.
Yeah.
And make a video showing an Air-Run to GJ TD and then another one of a Freeman or Ponder to GJ fail!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad someone started this thread, because it was on my mind all night. A game like last night really puts his quote below into context...we are the best, and yes, teams such as the Vikings are tiers below...BIG tiers below:

“When I came over here, I was kind of brainwashed,” Jennings told Paul Allen and Ben Leber of KFAN radio. “There’s no ‘kind of’ to it. Being over in Green Bay, you’re brainwashed to think anyone in the division is tiers below. And so coming over here I meet the people within the organization and I’m like, ‘Wow, these are really great people.’

‘It’s like everything that you know in Green Bay is like the best, the best, the best, the best, the best,” Jennings said. “And it’s like total brainwashing. And I think you don’t open your eyes to see what other teams have to offer unless you are in that position.”

...and what are they offering you now, Greg?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/07/jennings-says-theres-brainwashing-in-green-bay/
I think that he is genuinely dumb or blinded by anger and that quote shows it.
The reason why Green Bay thinks they are better is because they have proven it time and time again. Just like this year.
If, not when, Minnysoda ever wins a SB then they will have some bragging rights.
But right now GB has all the bragging rights and deservedly so and the Vikings have nothing in comparison to brag about.
That is what Greg saw and somehow he misinterprets it as "brainwashing."

Did he really, honestly think that Air-Run was somehow overrated and that he could be awesome with any other QB?
Oh well. It's his problem.

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is why I love this forum. Here, we can smack around our former players who blaspheme the team, no matter who they are. I can't say the same for that horsecrap scout.com Packers board. Good riddance to those fools.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sure hope he's enjoying his new digs. Sure wish I could have been a fly on the wall when Favre told him to try another epic fail "stick it to Ted" campaign. This current Vikings team is worse than the 1986 Packers, who were absolutely terrible. I don't wish injury on anyone, but I seriously hope we lay the plank on him next week.
Or get an end zone INT that was meant for him.
LOL
That would be epic!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/228823961.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Rodgers was asked about former teammate Greg Jennings, the Vikings wide receiver who made remarks critical of Rodgers during the off-season.

"Well, I'm not going to approach it with any bitterness or any malice towards him," Rodgers said about interaction he may have with Jennings. "I choose to remember the great times that we had together, the great wins, the incredible moments. That's what I like to focus on regardless of what he wants to remember. Those are the positive things I focus on. But I definitely think we are past all that stuff. He's with them and I'm focused on the guys we've got and getting those guys ready to play."

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

longtimefan
@GregJennings To bad the rest of your team didn't feel the same..#karma
Not sure I understand the hashtag meaning, but that is funny.

Jennings and the Packers were only off a bit - he ended up getting a million more from the Vikings. Now, is there really that much of a difference between $8M and $9M? I know its a million, but its not like the difference between $400 and $1,000,400. His lifestyle is not going to be impacted very much by the difference between $8M and $9M. Why not have an easier go of it - success - better stats - and more bench time (good for an older - often injured player)? I don't think he went to the Vikes like what's-his-face to stick it to the Packers. He went because he thought he would be happier with a little more money. (I think he forgot about endorsements and playoff bonus money) I don't have to wonder if he regrets it.

Speaking of endorsements - are those old spice still running? Gotta be an embarrassment for them at this point.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Jennings and the Packers were only off a bit - he ended up getting a million more from the Vikings. Now, is there really that much of a difference between $8M and $9M? I know its a million, but its not like the difference between $400 and $1,000,400. His lifestyle is not going to be impacted very much by the difference between $8M and $9M. Why not have an easier go of it - success - better stats - and more bench time (good for an older - often injured player)? I don't think he went to the Vikes like what's-his-face to stick it to the Packers. He went because he thought he would be happier with a little more money. (I think he forgot about endorsements and playoff bonus money) I don't have to wonder if he regrets it.

Taxes too...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Speaking of endorsements - are those old spice still running? Gotta be an embarrassment for them at this point.

Not for him but Wes Walker now

H

HardRightEdge

I think that he is genuinely dumb or blinded by anger and that quote shows it.
The reason why Green Bay thinks they are better is because they have proven it time and time again. Just like this year.
If, not when, Minnysoda ever wins a SB then they will have some bragging rights.
But right now GB has all the bragging rights and deservedly so and the Vikings have nothing in comparison to brag about.
That is what Greg saw and somehow he misinterprets it as "brainwashing."

Did he really, honestly think that Air-Run was somehow overrated and that he could be awesome with any other QB?
Oh well. It's his problem.
There were several people on this forum, purported Packer fans, who commented to the effect that if both Jennings and Driver questioned Rodgers' leadership there might be fire where there's smoke.

I maintain Jennings and Driver are knuckleheads...yeah, Driver too. You can't take one without the other.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were several people on this forum, purported Packer fans, who commented to the effect that if both Jennings and Driver questioned Rodgers' leadership there might be fire where there's smoke.

I maintain Jennings and Driver are knuckleheads...yeah, Driver too. You can't take one without the other.
Driver's comments did not come across or seem as mean spirited as Jennings.
Plus he showed his true loyalty to the Pack and the fans by retiring in the green and gold. Something that all players should learn from and is sadly lacking in the sports world.
So I find it easier to give Driver a break.

Last edited:

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe the Packers brainwashed Jennings into thinking the Vikings were a good team?

It's amazing how a quarterback makes a receiver so much more valuable. Jennings essentially sold out the rest of his career. Ponder and Freeman are really, really bad. Assuming another Hall of Fame QB doesn't hit the market (i.e. Peyton Manning), it'll be two full seasons before the Vikings have a QB (draft and develop). By then Jennings will be 32 or 33 and just about finished.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Jennings projected 2013 stats: 64 catches, 827 yds, 5 TDs.

I can't blame him for going for the big paycheck. By the off season, the Packers may not have made much of an offer, or perhaps any offer at all.

But he should have been thankful for his good fortune, monetarily speaking, and kept his mouth shut about lifting his new QB to stardom. Great route runners are wasted on inaccurate QBs...that doesn't take much thought or any explaining.

In the mean time, Boykin put up Pro Bowl stats (for one game anyway) playing with the guy who can't lead this battered and bruised team.

His comments about "structure" and "brainwashing" do smack of the great playground gunslinger himself.

Jennings averages per game as a Packer. 4.4 receptions per game, 68.1 yards per game, .55 tds per game.
Jennings averages per game as a Vikings 4.0 receptions per game, 54.5 yards per game, .33 tds per game.

Considering who was throwing to him in Green Bay as to who is throwing to him in MN, not a huge drop off. But it's only 6 games. Pretty small sample so far.

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's hilarious that some random practice squad dude named Boykin is about to get more exposure and have more relevance than Jennings. Three peas in a pod - Favre, Jenkins and Jennings ... all raised a stink of one kind or another, yet Ted Thompson is the one who gets the last laugh - every single time. That's how karma works and rightfully so. Jennings thought he told Thompson "how it is" by putting his house up for sale last November. Instead, Jennings shakes his head at Freeman all night and indirectly, Thompson tells HIM "how it is". Priceless.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't wait till this weekend and watch this game. So Greg Jennings can finally eat his words for talking smash. I hate the Vikings And most of all Greg Jennings
I try to never hate anybody.
What I hate is what they do.
There is a difference.

After thinking it over I've decided to feel neither one way or the other.
I think the Packers will win and that will speak loudly enough.

We can learn by this example:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/228823961.html

Rodgers was asked about former teammate Greg Jennings, the Vikings wide receiver who made remarks critical of Rodgers during the off-season.

"Well, I'm not going to approach it with any bitterness or any malice towards him," Rodgers said about interaction he may have with Jennings. "I choose to remember the great times that we had together, the great wins, the incredible moments. That's what I like to focus on regardless of what he wants to remember. Those are the positive things I focus on. But I definitely think we are past all that stuff. He's with them and I'm focused on the guys we've got and getting those guys ready to play."

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure she set her account to private after being bombarded by Packer fans telling her how it is last time.
Serves her right. She needs to keep her mouth shut. U know she ate some major crow.

Status
Not open for further replies.