Game 2 - Atlanta - Studs and Duds

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually don't mind Nixon running back out of the endzone though 9 yards deep is a little much. Speaking of kick offs. I thought our kicker would be kicking them all out of the end zone. I haven't seen one. That does not bother me either as I guess he is kicking them high. Just kind of confused about it.
One nice thing I'm noticing is we aren't committing penalties on our kicks/punts like we did in the past.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, the D was the bigger duds last week IMO. If you consider the draft capital we spent on that side of the ball the last few years they should be playing much better than they are. I have no clue why MFL is sticking with Barry as his DC.
It again gets back to putting it all on Kenny Clark. We went and got several others to play on the DL and they need to start showing that run stuff ability.

Reaction score
It again gets back to putting it all on Kenny Clark. We went and got several others to play on the DL and they need to start showing that run stuff ability.
It’s tough to watch for sure.

It looks like we’re stuck. We can only hope that after we lost a game due to what was mostly poor schematic? We make adjustments similar to later last season.One thing is for sure. Even if we missed a few tackles and they try to blame it solely on that? We might be talking 5 missed tackles etc (beyond normal range) Atlanta averaged 4.7 per Run. Ok That’s 25-30 yards from missed tackles. Where did the other 185 yards come from??!

The reason Atlanta ran 45 times is because they saw a poorly devised Run Defense. If they can see it? so should we. It was very reminiscent of the long beatings that this Defense took last season

Last edited:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, the D was the bigger duds last week IMO. If you consider the draft capital we spent on that side of the ball the last few years they should be playing much better than they are. I have no clue why MFL is sticking with Barry as his DC.

Definitely what was it 24 to 12 in the 4th quarter and the defense let a team with a qb who cant pass beyond the line of scrimmage. Youd think we could of used that knowledge to attack the short areas more. And perhaps stop them a couple times

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Definitely what was it 24 to 12 in the 4th quarter and the defense let a team with a qb who cant pass beyond the line of scrimmage. Youd think we could of used that knowledge to attack the short areas more. And perhaps stop them a couple times
Defense ran out of gas. Offense had 3 drives of more than 4 plays the entire game.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think in retrospect, last year was the time. We'd have gotten a nice juicy load of draft picks and Love would have a full season under his belt.

Hindsight is 20/20...The folks at Lombardi Drive thought they could take one more run at it, and having a tough playoff loss at home the year before that was not an unreasonable thought at the time. It turned out not to be the case of course, but I can't blame the brain trust for taking another shot at it. And who knows if Love would have been as ready a year ago as he appears to be now.

At any rate, the future looks bright in Green Bay...Time will tell.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Defense ran out of gas. Offense had 3 drives of more than 4 plays the entire game.
While I agree that the offense could have done more, the defense was subbing on a regular basis, if they were tired, that is on conditioning and coaching. Also, it doesn't help when your DC continually insists on playing soft coverage, when his team has a lead.

Reaction score
au contraire $1.80/lb
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I’d say that doesn’t amount to a Hill of Beans, but in this case it actually did!

I operate on Hybrid fuel, I mix beans n rice. The Maltose induces my effect! Just Ask my Wife she will confirm this.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Hindsight is 20/20...The folks at Lombardi Drive thought they could take one more run at it, and having a tough playoff loss at home the year before that was not an unreasonable thought at the time. It turned out not to be the case of course, but I can't blame the brain trust for taking another shot at it. And who knows if Love would have been as ready a year ago as he appears to be now.

At any rate, the future looks bright in Green Bay...Time will tell.
Very much agree. I was just sick of him being here and wanted the new era to start after the 21 season

Reaction score
Very much agree. I was just sick of him being here and wanted the new era to start after the 21 season
That’s one thing I think will factor this weekend. Jordan seems to have incredible baseline support. This is our Homecoming game and I expect the crowd to be really into it. Love’s 1st start at Lambeau is = Playoff game. :)
GPG!

PS. Yes this is a great Defense. It’s also an opportunity to rise up to the challenge. If we can move the ball on the Saints? We can move the ball on anyone

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup. I've said that a number of times in last 10 years. But posters never agreed
We did expect this young offense to sputter particularly even without 1 or 2 starters at times. What we had hoped was a more experienced higher paid D to help us win games in spite of the offense.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Not much different then when Rodgers took over for Favre. We can only hope that Jordan turns out to be as good of a player as Rodgers and somehow can maintain his humbleness in the process.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
For this to truly be history repeating itself...Love needs to be better than Rodgers but Id take as good
I'll take a consistent and developing in the right direction, young QB, which he has been for 2 games now. Perhaps in 2-3 more years, we will have a guy that was as talented as Rodgers, with half the baggage.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love has looked good..and I hated that pick..now I see the reason behind it! He is MILES ahead of Fields..who has 2 full seasons as a starter under his belt!
I think in Fields they were looking for a Michael Vick not a Jim McMahon.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think in Fields they were looking for a Michael Vick not a Jim McMahon.
Justin Fields was your typical OSU QB. He thrived in a great offense, with a lot of Great Players around him, as well as very good coaching. He isn't the first over-rated OSU QB that has flopped in the NFL. Some people say the same thing about Wisconsin RB's as I say about OSU QB's. I'd take a Star Badger RB over an OSU QB 9 out of 10 times.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Justin Fields was your typical OSU QB. He thrived in a great offense, with a lot of Great Players around him, as well as very good coaching. He isn't the first over-rated OSU QB that has flopped in the NFL. Some people say the same thing about Wisconsin RB's as I say about OSU QB's. I'd take a Star Badger RB over an OSU QB 9 out of 10 times.
Archie Griffin.