Game 2 - Atlanta - Studs and Duds

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also earlier in the game we had a TD in the Corner dropped. Adams or most veterans make that play it was a dime throw. It’s called contested catch and those dropped TD’s are detrimental to Winning or Losing.
That should have be PI anyway. Whoever the hell the defender was grabbed his left arm before the ball got there.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds

1st quarter 14:02 False Start turns 51 yard Field Goal into a 56 yarder. Packers Punt
3 points taken off the board personally I think he would of made it from 56

2nd quarter 8:51 Jaire Alexander drops a pick six along the sideline. 7 points left on the board

2nd quarter 3:10 Dontayvion Wicks dropped a td in the corner of the endzone. Carlson makes the field goal, 4 points left on the board

4th quarter Love throws to the wrong wr on the shot play, the ball falls incomplete. Doubs was wide open for a walk in td

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Hard for me to pick studs and duds when everything connected to the organization at this time seems to be mediocre. The season is young, but my impression is that we have a mediocre head coach (the 13 win seasons were more of a fluke than we thought), a worse than mediocre defensive coordinator, a quarterback who will likely be middle of the league in most stats, and an overall mediocre roster. Why so much mediocrity? Because Gute is mediocre. I expect this season to be 9-8 or 8-9. Doesn't help that we've been robbed of a home game three years in a row. I hate the 17 game schedule. But that's a rant for another time.
I noticed you have a tendency to only post when you can be negative after losses. Where were you after last week's game?

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it? Or maybe it's on Doubs? Maybe he didn't turn upfield as much as he was expected to? How do you know either way? (Rhetorical question. You don't.)

Forget about that throw to Doubs...the one huge error Love made in the game cost the Packers a td

He threw to the wrong guy on the "shot play" We all remember the play action with an outside receiver running a deep post all the way across the field. That guy is always wide open for a td. How many times was it Jordy Nelson...well once again the guy who ran the post across the field (Doubs) couldn't have been more wide open.

Love tried to fit some cute pass in along the sideline to the side of the field the safety had committed to, and it fell incomplete. Even if the safety had turned to run with Doubs, Doubs would have still been on his way to the end zone. Love will learn tho, on the shot play, take the shot

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs - I think that given the circumstances of fielding an offense without your 3 best players, Jordan Love played well above expectations for the second straight week. Reed also impressed me in his ability to separate. He needs to get better at the catch point, but so far so good.
Duds - The entire defense but especially the d line. They got pushed around and just plainly got physically whipped on the LOS. Not good. That's some devastating tape to show the league in week 2.
Alexander - The quickest way to lose a football game is to drop an interception and especially a pick 6. As the Packers best defensive back and paid as an elite CB, he can't drop that pick. Unacceptable.
Joe Berry - Coverage was too soft too often. Broken record.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know what they say - if great corners had decent hands - they’d be wide recievers

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4th quarter Love throws to the wrong wr on the shot play, the ball falls incomplete. Doubs was wide open for a walk in td
Not sure about this one. I know the announcers stated that, but my perception is the coverage rolled off of Dubs only when Love started his throwing motion to the other side. Had he tried throwing to Dubs, he would have been covered.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Not sure about this one. I know the announcers stated that, but my perception is the coverage rolled off of Dubs only when Love started his throwing motion to the other side. Had he tried throwing to Dubs, he would have been covered.
Agree. I watched that replay a few times and felt the same way as you did. It only makes for "good TV" when they show the birds eye view of the play, slowed down and don't talk about the reality of what Love was seeing or doing at the time he committed to the pass he actually made.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should expect some growing pains on an offense this young, and there definitely have been some. Still, three touchdowns against zero picks two weeks in a row, both games on the road, is an encouraging sign.

The arrow is pointing up in Green Bay - Don't let the Debbie Downers tell you any different. They're always mad.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
We should expect some growing pains on an offense this young, and there definitely have been some. Still, three touchdowns against zero picks two weeks in a row, both games on the road, is an encouraging sign.

The arrow is pointing up in Green Bay - Don't let the Debbie Downers tell you any different. They're always mad.
I honestly wouldn't have been shocked at being 0-2 right now and the Packers could have quite easily been 2-0.

Love has looked far more composed than I anticipated. Had 1 or 2 of either Watson, Bahk or Jones played on Sunday, we very easily could be talking about a 2-0 team that has impressed and surprised a lot of people. Heck, had Jenkins not gotten injured, that could have happened. Missing 4 of your best offensive players and still putting up 24 points, pretty good.

Their next 9 or so games are very winnable and if they go 6-3 in them we are talking about a 7-4 team, with 6 games left. Right now, even those 6 games don't seem unbearable, with maybe the exception of the Chiefs at Lambeau on
Dec. 3rd.

Stay healthy, get Watson, Jones, Jenkins and Bahk back on the field and who knows how far this team could go.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love’s greatest trait to me so far displayed is never looking overwhelmed.

Success or failure, it is like he’s been there and done that, let’s roll forward.

Even some of the misses have been crazy special….that pass to Toure that ended up being overturned was INSANE!!!! Mahomes level side arm around two defenders….

Reaction score
I honestly wouldn't have been shocked at being 0-2 right now and the Packers could have quite easily been 2-0.

Love has looked far more composed than I anticipated. Had 1 or 2 of either Watson, Bahk or Jones played on Sunday, we very easily could be talking about a 2-0 team that has impressed and surprised a lot of people. Heck, had Jenkins not gotten injured, that could have happened. Missing 4 of your best offensive players and still putting up 24 points, pretty good.

Their next 9 or so games are very winnable and if they go 6-3 in them we are talking about a 7-4 team, with 6 games left. Right now, even those 6 games don't seem unbearable, with maybe the exception of the Chiefs at Lambeau on
Dec. 3rd.

Stay healthy, get Watson, Jones, Jenkins and Bahk back on the field and who knows how far this team could go.
One thing we are starting to see is our Division is up for grabs. That bodes well fir a young team needing time to gel

GB has the most room for improvement. I have us tied with MN and a tick behind Detroit

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3 on that final drive wins the game.

Thats true that last

Nah throw it out in front of Doubs and hes still running...I wonder if I can post the all 22 on here. That guy is always open off that play action shot play. It was an automatic td for awhile

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Dec. 3rd.

This is going to be a fun season.

I wish Aaron all the best, but I'm glad he's not here. It was time, and Love is the guy.

Go Pack Go!

Reaction score
Love’s greatest trait to me so far displayed is never looking overwhelmed.

Success or failure, it is like he’s been there and done that, let’s roll forward.

Even some of the misses have been crazy special….that pass to Toure that ended up being overturned was INSANE!!!! Mahomes level side arm around two defenders….
True that ! The only player catching that ball was Samorie. It was perfectly thrown an there were defenders everywhere. Not an easy catch, but one that must be made in this clutch scenario. It would’ve left us less than 20 yards from field goal range and roughly just under 30 seconds as they ran to spike it. 1-2 more of those and Carlson is attempting a game winner.

Attachments

• IMG_5752.png
    IMG_5752.png
    657.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_5755.png
    IMG_5755.png
    677.5 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Great D coverage. Yet again this throw was $MONEY$

Reaction score
That should have be PI anyway. Whoever the hell the defender was grabbed his left arm before the ball got there.
I saw that it was very close and maybe you are right in a technicality. It could’ve went either way it was such a bang bang play and if it’s arm battling that often goes against both players as they fight for position. I like they let them play there but that’s just my opinion.

It’s the same reason Doubs didn’t get called last week. He used a straight arm that some deemed pushing off. No, it’s just juking for position with minor physicality and we don’t want those called it’s part of the game. Truth be told that was A+ Defensive play by Terrel only a small minority of WR snag that. Doubs is good at that type snag, he’s seen regularly using his straight arm to keep separation and then releasing at the very last second. It’s an art and Adams is the Master of that

Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw that it was very close. It could’ve went either way it was such a bang bang play. I like they let them play there but that’s just my opinion.
I said earlier I thought Terrell hit the ball. Is there something in these shots that would change my mind? Are the pics out of sequence? Looks like the 3rd one should be the first one.

Reaction score
I said earlier I thought Terrell hit the ball. Is there something in these shots that would change my mind? Are the pics out of sequence? Looks like the 3rd one should be the first one.
I think you are correct he did. On rewatch Terrell swatted at it last second and just barely nicked it but the ball did move angle just as it hit Wicks’ hand. Terrel also did a nice job sneaking in a very quick hook on Wicks other arm but released it before it was deemed a hold.

I’m telling you that play was Superior Defense only a few DB’s leaguewide type Defense.

The other point was that ball placement was near perfect by Love. It was a Wow play by both our QB snd their DB. Love can thread one in there like a Seamstress. I’m ok with this, Love is special and it goes beyond 1 play. Just wait until we add 1 more premier WR and a few guys are in their 3-4th year

Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually don't mind Nixon running back out of the endzone though 9 yards deep is a little much. Speaking of kick offs. I thought our kicker would be kicking them all out of the end zone. I haven't seen one. That does not bother me either as I guess he is kicking them high. Just kind of confused about it.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually don't mind Nixon running back out of the endzone though 9 yards deep is a little much. Speaking of kick offs. I thought our kicker would be kicking them all out of the end zone. I haven't seen one. That does not bother me either as I guess he is kicking them high. Just kind of confused about it.
I think Karlson can put them out of the end zone. I believe some of the short ones were by design and we actually nailed the returner shorter than a touch back. Biasacia must believe his cover guys are not what we had here a few years ago. Now at Soldier Field I believe the wind was blowing enough in one direction. Santos, for the Bears also kicked shorter when he was on the same side as Karlson.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs - I think that given the circumstances of fielding an offense without your 3 best players, Jordan Love played well above expectations for the second straight week. Reed also impressed me in his ability to separate. He needs to get better at the catch point, but so far so good.
Duds - The entire defense but especially the d line. They got pushed around and just plainly got physically whipped on the LOS. Not good. That's some devastating tape to show the league in week 2.
Alexander - The quickest way to lose a football game is to drop an interception and especially a pick 6. As the Packers best defensive back and paid as an elite CB, he can't drop that pick. Unacceptable.
Joe Berry - Coverage was too soft too often. Broken record.
Yes, the D was the bigger duds last week IMO. If you consider the draft capital we spent on that side of the ball the last few years they should be playing much better than they are. I have no clue why MFL is sticking with Barry as his DC.