Game 2 - Atlanta - Studs and Duds

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Studs - team play/coaching in 2nd and 3rd quarters.
O-line pass protection.
Running plays to the right.

Duds - Gary, Alexander, Savage, Coaches

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs - team play/coaching in 2nd and 3rd quarters.
O-line pass protection.
Running plays to the right.

Duds - Gary, Alexander, Savage, Coaches
I couldn't believe Savage didn't knock down that long pass. And Gary never gives containment a thought.

ClutchLove

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I couldn't believe Savage didn't knock down that long pass. And Gary never gives containment a thought.
You're talking particularly regarding the fake for the TD run?

Actually he did a pretty damn good job with the fake handoffs and play fakes ... Even watching the game in HD he did a pretty damn good job LOL

I mean it's Rashan's JOB to see it and tackle the ball carrier who HAS THE BALL, but still he did a pretty damn good job with his play fakes

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're talking particularly regarding the fake for the TD run?

Actually he did a pretty damn good job with the fake handoffs and play fakes ... Even watching the game in HD he did a pretty damn good job LOL

I mean it's Rashan's JOB to see it and tackle the ball carrier who HAS THE BALL, but still he did a pretty damn good job with his play fakes
If you watch Gary; he almost always goes to the inside. I don't think he really does a lot of thinking about where the ball is. He just lowers his head and goes. And so the outside is mostly available for the QB to get to. It was not a well orchestrated pass rushing defense like last week imho. And I think that was one of the reasons.

ClutchLove

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you watch Gary; he almost always goes to the inside. I don't think he really does a lot of thinking about where the ball is. He just lowers his head and goes. And so the outside is mostly available for the QB to get to. It was not a well orchestrated pass rushing defense like last week imho. And I think that was one of the reasons.
We will see, I'll keep more of an eye on outside run plays/options then

But Ridder did a DAMN good job on his fakes today, I was impressed... I mean even just watching on HD and those guys are on the field playing (which is obviously harder)

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I was fighting with my youtube TV for large chunks of this game, but I thought that Love did an admirable job without much of his supporting cast.

Dillon is not good. If Jones was in today, the Packers win and probably going away.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do you keep talking about HD? Who's not watching games in high-def nowadays, LOL.
I'm not. I have the HD channels but I watch the SD versions. A couple of reasons:
The SD channels are the lower numbers, so it seems more natural, like hey let's watch channel 3.
I record a lot on the DVR, and the SD programs take up less space.
I'm an old guy, so I'm accustomed to watching SD (or worse).

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs - Reed: great motor and has good chemistry with Love

Duds: Gary: losing contain in critical situations
Jaire: paddlehands pick 6 wouldve turned this game, also did not tackle well at all
Q Walker: dropped a sure pick wouldve turned this game

King dud: Stenavich and Barry: defense could not stop the run or spy the qb. Still had time and offense had no one in the middle of the field

All in all, a very poor finish. The injury bug is now biting and this team appears to be in rebuild mode. Please go get a DC that can scheme against the RPO.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really should have had this one

Stud

Reed

Dud

Jaire-most overrated player in the league

Savage-Diving, lunging, and talking on every single play. How many times to I have to watch this bozo just charge in as fast as he can and overrun or dive or lunge past every ball carrier? Zero discipline player who will talk sh*t after making a tackle on a first-down run. Moronic player. Learn to play team D or get out of my face.

Delay of game on a 50-yd FG attempt. WTF is this, amateur hour? What a joke.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was fighting with my youtube TV for large chunks of this game, but I thought that Love did an admirable job without much of his supporting cast.

Dillon is not good. If Jones was in today, the Packers win and probably going away.
If Jenkins and Bakh had been playing they probably win going away.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gutekunst Barry Love and Bakhtiari are your Duds. Where is that OTHER young stud 3-4 ILB in coverage? WHY did we have a 30 year old ILB with a history of knee issues covering a 22 year old 1st round top 10 draft pick RB in a MUST STOP SITUATION! WHY can't this Defense get off the field, and why haven't they been able to for Barry's whole tenure? And please for the love of god SOMEBODY have enough common sense to put this Defense through ball drills until they all puke!

ANOTHER problem with Gutey is Watson. I'd sure like to see him play so I can accurately pan picking him and using 2 draft picks to trade up to do so.

I'm also down on Love for being able to do NOTHING when we need 1 point to tie.

Bakhtiari right now needs to be asked by the press whether he is un WILLING or un ABLE to play on turf so that we as fans can know the truth about what kind of liability he is.

Studs:

O-Line. multiple starters down throughout the 2nd half and honestly it didn't seem like Love was that much under pressure after the first couple drives.

Wide Receivers seemed to have a good day today.

Owens. I liked how he stood out on punts being the 1st one down the field on multiple returns.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Gutekunst Barry Love and Bakhtiari are your Duds. Where is that OTHER young stud 3-4 ILB in coverage? WHY did we have a 30 year old ILB with a history of knee issues covering a 22 year old 1st round top 10 draft pick RB in a MUST STOP SITUATION! WHY can't this Defense get off the field, and why haven't they been able to for Barry's whole tenure? And please for the love of god SOMEBODY have enough common sense to put this Defense through ball drills until they all puke!

ANOTHER problem with Gutey is Watson. I'd sure like to see him play so I can accurately pan picking him and using 2 draft picks to trade up to do so.

I'm also down on Love for being able to do NOTHING when we need 1 point to tie.

Bakhtiari right now needs to be asked by the press whether he is un WILLING or un ABLE to play on turf so that we as fans can know the truth about what kind of liability he is.

Studs:

O-Line. multiple starters down throughout the 2nd half and honestly it didn't seem like Love was that much under pressure after the first couple drives.

Wide Receivers seemed to have a good day today.

Owens. I liked how he stood out on punts being the 1st one down the field on multiple returns.
Love a dud

Wtf

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard for me to pick studs and duds when everything connected to the organization at this time seems to be mediocre. The season is young, but my impression is that we have a mediocre head coach (the 13 win seasons were more of a fluke than we thought), a worse than mediocre defensive coordinator, a quarterback who will likely be middle of the league in most stats, and an overall mediocre roster. Why so much mediocrity? Because Gute is mediocre. I expect this season to be 9-8 or 8-9. Doesn't help that we've been robbed of a home game three years in a row. I hate the 17 game schedule. But that's a rant for another time.

Members online

Latest posts