Fire Joe Barry -- Updated -- he's gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's get someone over to Lambeau to make sure Joe Barry is watching Scooby Doo or Space Ghost or something other than the Panthers/Bucs or Falcons/Saints games. He doesn't need any more ideas...

The Panthers just rushed Baker Mayfield near end of the half with ONE player. (The result was an incomplete pass, but still...) Bucs offensive juggernaut is leading 6-0 at half.

Saints just let Falcons saunter down the field w less than a minute left for a game-tying FG at half. Score is 17-17. (Good for the Packers, tho.)

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
On the flip side the Pack has had their starting QB for all 17 games. Not all of their opponents had their starters against GB.
I was providing the flip side to Milani's post. Does this mean I'm obliged to make a flip side to your flip-flip side?

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with you on the defense. From where we sit, we really didn't see much of a rudder. Maybe Preston Smith or Rashan Gary stepped up but we just didn't see it? I suspect, but could never prove, that Savage was a bit of leader for the secondary, but his individual grades combined with his injuries didn't help.

Melton's comments yesterday, combined with comments made by others throughout the year, make me think Love took over the offense.
I didn't see any evidence of veteran leadership on either side of the ball in the first half of the season. They committed as many dumb penalties as the young kids did. Shame on them and the coaching staff which stunk overall in the first two months. IMO, THEY are the reason we're still fighting to get into the playoffs. Unimpressed with the whole lot of them. The kids have really come on in the 2nd half. Kudos to them. They've saved the season imo.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Everyone get ready to hold your nose...

The defense ended up ranked 10th in the league in points allowed.

That's right. Joe Barry is DC of one of the NFL's Top 10 defenses...
Yeah but ... but ... but .... they'll get smoked by top QBs like Mahomes, and Goff, and err .... nm.
Really. Where the eff has this defense been the past two seasons?

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone get ready to hold your nose...
The defense ended up ranked 10th in the league in points allowed.
That's right. Joe Barry is DC of one of the NFL's Top 10 defenses...
I'm not sure MLF would fire a top 10 DC. Hate to say it, despite the midfield issue, I thought they looked pretty good today. We'll see how they do against Dallas...

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah but ... but ... but .... they'll get smoked by top QBs like Mahomes, and Goff, and err .... nm.
Really. Where the eff has this defense been the past two seasons?
Actually, I think Barry is a victim of his own success he had against better teams before the failures he had after those with lesser teams.

Personally, I'd recommend keeping Joe Barry in a heartbeat IF he were allowed to explain what went wrong with the Giants and Bucs. But, I'm just a fat slob in a beater with Cheetos stains. No one owes me an explanation.

I guess I just want some comfort knowing this staff knows what happened and it won't happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.