Fire Joe Barry -- Updated -- he's gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Just came across the perfect term for the JB defensive scheme: Charmin soft. If the players really wanted to play for him, they'd be balling out to save his job. They aren't. They're trying to make sense of what to do based on playing football for the last 15 years. Unfortunately this isn't Pop Warner level.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Show where I said Barry is good. He needed to be fired long time ago

Stop the bs 1 time qb starter then was let go. Because that is only you trying to be a *****...Yes you are trying to be a ***** when you don't need to be.

We all want Barry gone.. But your stats shouldn't be the used the way you want because they aren't attainable. If you use worse game for all teams, then you are being consistent

But this is a stupid *** argument and you won't admit your way has a fault..its how you have been for years

No wonder I've had you on ignore

Time to go back there

No, it's a legitimate point that, excluding a game against a QB so bad his own team let him go after he played against the Packers (the only team he ever started against), seems reasonable. Sure, it's obviously not a point you like since you apparently agree with my overall point (that Joe Barry is bad at his job) but you just have to knit pick a point that was meant to help illustrate just how bad he is. Oh the joys of the Internet. "I agree with your overall point but i want to start an argument over this one thing you said to support said point!"

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Jaire's actions have hurt the team. What has hurt the team is retaining Joe Barry. Good luck replacing Alexander with free agents and 7th rounders. Not going to happen. Jaire hasn't made BS excuses like MLF when they've lost games and blamed players when poor coaching had a huge role.(see aftermath of the Tampa game) Its likely he is still popular with his peers on the team.
Valentine and Ballentine helped beat better teams (Detroit and KC) without Jaire. They can do it again.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you hate your real life that much to be a **** here all the time to people for their opinions? Mod muscles covering up muscle in your pants? Either that or you're a drunk who needs rehab. Should change your name to Longtime nut job. Should come back with actual knowledge and decent insight yet you always act like a child. Oh well... I'll just laugh at you like everyone else

Hardly post and then come with this?

I didn't use mod muscle I did exactly what the rule says. Ignore

Now if I wanted to use mod muscle you would be gone. But you are not

I've dealt with posters like you or 15 plus. If you don't get your way, posters like you cry and call me a bully.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Valentine and Ballentine helped beat better teams (Detroit and KC) without Jaire. They can do it again.
They won't beat Minnesota if Barry plays a zone or soft man-to-man. Ballentine has been torched in recent weeks. O coordinators have looked at enough tape to expose his flaws. Stokes is on IR with a serious non contact Injury. Douglas sure would come in handy right now. What a mess. Gute and MLF took what started as a strength (cb position)and have mismanaged it in a debacle.

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did not know that Bob McGinn, former Packers beat writer for the Journal Sentinel, was still analyzing the Packers. This is a link to a podcast with Bob (and host Tyler Dunne) discussing Jaire Alexander. Warning: Jaire stans will NOT like this.

Bob McGinn and Tyler Dunne on Jaire

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They won't beat Minnesota if Barry plays a zone or soft man-to-man. Ballentine has been torched in recent weeks. O coordinators have looked at enough tape to expose his flaws. Stokes is on IR with a serious non contact Injury. Douglas sure would come in handy right now. What a mess. Gute and MLF took what started as a strength (cb position)and have mismanaged it in a debacle.
They will have to play zone. With man coverage two things will happen: The Vikings QB will take off and run for 15 yards. Jefferson, Addison, and Osborne will leave the covers in the dust and take it to the house. We would need 2 super safeties who could read every pass play to thwart that. So we die a slow death or a fast one.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I did not know that Bob McGinn, former Packers beat writer for the Journal Sentinel, was still analyzing the Packers. This is a link to a podcast with Bob (and host Tyler Dunne) discussing Jaire Alexander. Warning: Jaire stans will NOT like this.

Bob McGinn and Tyler Dunne on Jaire
Yeah...last I heard McGinn was doin' what he does from somewhere in Michigan.

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah...last I heard McGinn was doin' what he does from somewhere in Michigan.
He's really turned into the "You Kids Get Off My Lawn" guy. At least with Ja.

He was always very factual and numbers-based in his beat reporting 20 years ago. He was charting games and giving grades before PFF was a thought.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is Addison for sure playing?
Listed as questionable. Game time decision. Usually when our opponents list questionable they play. When the Packers do they don't. But the Vikings have activated an old nemesis, Anthony Barr.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, so weird to see Carolina's offense struggling so badly again against the Jags this week. They looked prime to break out last week. I wonder what's different?

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tampa Bay's offense is just doing nothing against the Saints today too. Strange, last time I saw Mayfield he just looked unstoppable. I wonder what changed?
Hmm? How about Joe Barry, Gute and MLF. Gross mismanagement at all three levels.

Catamount1971

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at the QB’s that lit the Packers up today. Mayfield is horrible, Tommy Cutlets isn’t playing and Young isn’t doing anything. Ridder isn’t even playing for the Falcons today. Pretty consistent results when you have a bad DC and bad scheme. Pretty apparent today and all season.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at the QB’s that lit the Packers up today. Mayfield is horrible, Tommy Cutlets isn’t playing and Young isn’t doing anything. Ridder isn’t even playing for the Falcons today. Pretty consistent results when you have a bad DC and bad scheme. Pretty apparent today and all season.
Last week, Carolina put up 30 on the Packers. Today they got shut out. I doubt Minnesota will punt tonight. Two weeks ago, Tampa put up 34, today 13 so far. Earlier I predicted, the Vikings would go between 38 and 42 tonight. That might be too low.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmm? How about Joe Barry, Gute and MLF. Gross mismanagement at all three levels.
Saints play a physical, pressure defense. They challenge you. They dare you. They stopped the run today and forced 2 Mayfield picks. The big difference from our game is that the Saints stopped the Bucs on 3rd down and dominated TOP.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
was the D that good yesterday or was it that the Viqueens did not want to play?
Both. The DB's minimized Jefferson, and the pass rush regularly applied pressure. Either their D-line phoned it in OR GB's O-line played great, giving Love minimal pressure (which IMHO was the case).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts