Draft day Trade!!!!

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers trade disgruntled TE Jermicheal finley and THEIR 2nd round pick to????? for ?????

* be realistic as possible please so that we can have good debate

texaspackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but we would have already paid Finley that big chunk of money due by the end of March, right? How would that affect the cap if we then traded him? Even with that, I wouldn't think Finley would have much value. About the most we could hope for would be to trade up from our own second round spot to the mid second round - who is 10 or 12 spots above the Packers and could use an athletic TE with dropsy?

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but we would have already paid Finley that big chunk of money due by the end of March, right? How would that affect the cap if we then traded him? Even with that, I wouldn't think Finley would have much value. About the most we could hope for would be to trade up from our own second round spot to the mid second round - who is 10 or 12 spots above the Packers and could use an athletic TE with dropsy?

Bucs
Titans
Jets
Browns
Cardinals

Just to name a few.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see anyone wanting finley at his salary.

I'm sure sombody would want him. You have to remember altho he drops a few you are talking about a guy who had to share balls with four other solid wr's who has a world of potential. He could easily go to a team like Cleveland or New york and catch 100 balls with double digit Touchdowns.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure sombody would want him. You have to remember altho he drops a few you are talking about a guy who had to share balls with four other solid wr's who has a world of potential. He could easily go to a team like Cleveland or New york and catch 100 balls with double digit Touchdowns.

Lets agree to disagree that someone would give us something to acquire the 2nd highest paid TE in the league next season who has been nothing but a guy that can't live up to the potential some people think he has.

At $2-3 mil a season we might get a 5th rounder for him.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets agree to disagree that someone would give us something to acquire the 2nd highest paid TE in the league next season who has been nothing but a guy that can't live up to the potential some people think he has.

At $2-3 mil a season we might get a 5th rounder for him.

why does it have to be a pick? why can't it be a player?? We trade Finley and our 2nd to say someone like Miami for Cameron Wake??

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why does it have to be a pick? why can't it be a player?? We trade Finley and our 2nd to say someone like Miami for Cameron Wake??

Miami isnt giving us their best player. I wish teh NFL did more player for player trades but they are extremely rare.

H

HardRightEdge

Miami isnt giving us their best player. I wish teh NFL did more player for player trades but they are extremely rare.

They don't like trading because they don't know if they're getting a pig in a poke, health wise. There are a lot of guys who don't show up on the weekly injury lists who have chronic issues to one degree or another. In FA you can make your own evaluations to the degree the player will submit to them, and if he declines to submit you can walk away.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
The Packers trade Finley and their second round pick, number 55 overall to the Dolphins for pick number 54 overall and select the player they would have taken anyway!

Seriously, texaspackerbacker is right. To trade Finley would require the Packers pay him $3M and that money plus $500K would hit the Packers’ salary cap. That’s why it would extremely foolish to do this. Spending $3M and having a $3.5 cap hit to move up a few spots just doesn’t make sense. Trading Finley causes the same cap hit. An extension is much more likely IMO.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Madden: It's a video game, not real life

Love how OP proposes this trade, then says to be realistic, then says Cameron Wake.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Packers trade disgruntled TE Jermicheal finley and THEIR 2nd round pick to????? for ?????

* be realistic as possible please so that we can have good debate
Seattle for Matt Flynn and their 4th. They then proceed to send an unextended Aaron Rodgers to Arizona for their #1 & 2 this year and their #1 and 3 next year.
Hey, I can play Madden too.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Seattle for Matt Flynn and their 4th. They then proceed to send an unextended Aaron Rodgers to Arizona for their #1 & 2 this year and their #1 and 3 next year.
Hey, I can play Madden too.
Remember to set the difficulty level to rookie

Reaction score
I'd like us to trade out of the 1st round with someone like the bills or whoever....
get an early 2nd round pick - maybe a 3rd along with it... Pickup a load of quality players and depth.
Address Dline/HB/Oline/etc. - Idk.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Did I miss something, or did Jennings not set the single season record for a TE with the pack. Came on strong the last part of the season after being injured. Has to be accounted for by defenses, usually with double coverage.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I meant Finley. Can't edit from phone. I say we trade a first rounder and Finley for Gronk. He gets hurt when you need him most and dances like a wild man.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did I miss something, or did Jennings not set the single season record for a TE with the pack. Came on strong the last part of the season after being injured. Has to be accounted for by defenses, usually with double coverage.

Single season record for drops or idiot statements to the press? I believe he holds both.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He did. But it was only the franchise record, not the NFL. It is worth nothing that he is the only TE in Packers history to post two 55 catch seasons. (Per packers.com player bio) It is also worth noting that the previous franchise record for catches by TE in a season was 56. Finely had 61 catches on 88 targets this last regular season.