CUTDOWN DAY 2019 -- the Turk cometh and taketh away the playbook

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have you ever HEARD something so crazy in your entire LIFE!!!!!?????!!!!!????

Per Silverstein - "McCray was a victim of the change in offensive systems. He was built more for inside zone and not the wide zone. I think he'll land somewhere."

H

HardRightEdge

I'd venture a guess that most of the future practice squad was still not notified they were cut yet as of 6am LFT this morning.
Maybe not officially, but if there was a high priority guy or two it would stand to reason you might want to contact those guys' agents to make the first pitch before he's released. Not the 10th. guy on the list; there may a cut from another team that's liked better.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rob Demovsky said:
For those wondering about OLB Greg Roberts, a UDFA who's been on PUP. He underwent core muscle surgery by Dr. William Meyers this spring. Packers wanted him enough that they guaranteed $72,000 of his rookie pay, so they'll likely keep him on PUP or IR (won't count on the 53)

Tom Silverstein said:
I need to point out that two potential moves the Packers can make to reduce the number is put S Ibraheim Campbell and OLB Greg Roberts on PUP. They are the only two eligible for PUP because they did not practice in camp.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Silverstein reports that Yosh Nijman hasn't heard anything from the Packers, nor his agent....

Surprise to make the 53 maybe?

H

HardRightEdge

Per Silverstein - "McCray was a victim of the change in offensive systems. He was built more for inside zone and not the wide zone. I think he'll land somewhere."
I don't buy that reasoning. The Packers ran a lot of outside zone last year. If you look at some examples of runs heading off tackle, with or without a cutback, it won't take long to see one. Just look for 4 or 5 of the OL firing laterally off the snap. If he isn't fit for it now then he wasn't fit for it then. It's hard to think Byron Bell was a better fit, but that is what the prior regime concluded when McCray couldn't get his job back.

He'll probably land somewhere. A fairly young, serviceable OG with 13 starts under his belt should find a bench spot somewhere. If not, he's only got two accrued seasons so he's PS eligible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If my count is right, 16 more to go and probably the toughest cuts are ahead. McCray was a surprise.

H

HardRightEdge

Silverstein reports that Yosh Nijman hasn't heard anything from the Packers, nor his agent....

Surprise to make the 53 maybe?
That would be somewhat of a surprise. I could see him as the 9th. OL, but have a hard time seeing the Packers keep that many.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
o-line depth takes a hit. not nearly as bad as losing taylor however.

This is hilarious.

They are *choosing* to let him go. In other words, they don't want him. That's not depth taking a hit. He would have to make the roster to be depth in the first place.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
He'll probably land somewhere. A fairly young, serviceable OG with 13 starts under his belt should find a bench spot somewhere. If not, he's only got two accrued season so he's PS eligible.

I doubt he goes unsigned, this is a versatile O-Lineman (G, T, C), but if he does....hope the Packers can get him on the PS, he would be about as good of depth as you could hope for on a PS.

I'm confident McCray will be playing in the NFL somewhere this season, once injuries start taking their toll.

H

HardRightEdge

If my count is right, 16 more to go and probably the toughest cuts are ahead. McCray was a surprise.
My projected bench was Taylor (now Jenkins), Light and Patrick, with Jenkins vs. Taylor a close call in my mind. Frankly, it's hard to be too suprised by any number of guys in the #8 spot. That's usually not a game day roster spot; typically somebody has to be out that week to get a bench spot. So leaning toward a better upside over what we've seen on the field is possible.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Patriots release Brian Hoyer

Broncos release Kevin Hogan

Y'all want backup QB options....there ya go.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saints are releasing Chris Banjo....why didn't he stick here again? We do need a S right now....

Saints also release veteran DT Ziggy Hood.

Last edited:

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Silverstein reports Yosh Nijman has been waived, but they want him back for the Practice Squad.

Giants release Kyle Lauletta....lot of QBs out there without a home right now.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Saints are releasing Chris Banjo....why didn't he stick here again? We do need a S right now....

Saints also release veteran DT Ziggy Hood.

Always liked Banjo, he was a solid special teams guy, not the best of Safeties, but could lay a lick. Always think of this scene when I see his name. Guessing Gute will stick with the youth movement.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
One of two of the QB's released might be upgraded on our backups, but most of them would be lateral moves at best.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
While I didn't like any of our options at backup QB, interesting to note that if the Packers don't sign another QB, they will be heading into the regular season with a backup that has yet to take a snap in a regular season game and was only active for one game.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers release OLB Randy Ramsey. Ibraheim Campbell will start the season on the PUP list.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers releasing Randy Ramsey, place Campbell on PUP.

Packers want Ramsey on PS but it's a gamble he'll clear waivers.

All these "unexpected" cuts....Gute is playing lottery with the waiver wire. I fully expect somebody out of nowhere on this team come tomorrow.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I've been watching the Eagles waiver wire in regards to RB, since they seemed pretty loaded. Was hoping that Clement would get cut, but so far just Wendell Smallwood. However, I think he is an upgrade over any RB we would keep as a #3. More RB's to come.....I just don't see Juice as a #3, get him to the PS.

Last edited:

Members online