Burnett out for the year

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That really sucks. He was doing very well in coverage for a rookie. It's up to Martin now.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just saw this in another thread! This is all we need, it sucks like Dracula! Heal up, bro and come back to us strong next year. We will miss you very much! Praying for you! :pray:

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
shhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!! Martin better keep his temper down and ball out! Bigby where you at... plus Nick is still nursing his injury too... FML!

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
now if burnett can get to bigby on the sideline and coach him up on how to play coverage.....

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Expect our D to be even MORE passive, until Bigby comes back.

*********, what's wrong? Everybody gets injuried in GB. It has to be the most injury-depleted team since 08...

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I'm starting to blame the conditioning coaches and I want to blame the new turf at Lambeau although I have no proof. I don't remember ACL injures on the plain regular ole grass. We get this new artifical/real mesh crap and we've have 3 players off the top of my head go down with ACL injuries. Kampman, Burnett, Harris.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where art thou, Harris??? :beg:

I'm also starting to wonder about the Turf. Astro-turf for whatever they are calling it these days must be hard to play on. Anyone ever hear of natural grass? Sod? Anything?

GreenBayTheOnlyWay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Derrick Martin just needs to get by for two games until we get Bigby back. This will hurt against Washington, who has a balanced offensive attack, averaging 240 yards a game in the air and 98 yards per game on the ground.

I think we'll be okay against Miami, who only has two threats at the receiver position, (Marshall and Bess) and go with a heavy running game (Brown and Williams). Their team has only put up 52 points in three games, while seven of those came from the defense.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Where art thou, Harris??? :beg:

I'm also starting to wonder about the Turf. Astro-turf for whatever they are calling it these days must be hard to play on. Anyone ever hear of natural grass? Sod? Anything?

Lambeau's turf is some hybrid artifical/natural. There is a mesh underneath attacked to fake grass, and then real grass grows up as well. Basically the field will look nice and green year round.

Need to go back to regular ole grass. I miss the mud games!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
If one good thing comes of this, it will give D Martin a chance to show us what he's got. Who knows, as much as I miss Burnett (I was really starting to warm to that guy) you just never know when something unexpected will come. Salute Martin, make us proud!

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kitten, the turf at lambeau is a hybrid. I'm pretty sure it's real grass, with a mesh underlayment. There might also be some synthetic fibers mixed in with the grass, but I don't really know about that aspect. It's recognized by many as one of the best playing surfaces in the league. The drainage is outstanding in the rain, and there are steam coils underneath to keep it from freezing solid in the winter.

And like you, I'm anxiously awaiting Al's return.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
The Packers DO play on natural grass...

It's a real grass/artifical fiber hybrid not pure grass.

"The field is comprised of DD GrassMaster, a hybrid of grass and artificial fibers helping to reinforce the surface."

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Anyone remember that freakin Astro-turf from a few years back. That stuff was the worst!!!

Yeah, that was KNOWN to destroy knees. I sill wonder if the mesh under our turf is causing injuries if the cleats get caught in it when making a cut.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Nobody misses Harris as much as me :(

Hopefully Burnett can rehab and come back strong for next year. Would suck to lose his potential after 4 games.