Bryan Bulaga To Play Vs The Rams

Castle Of Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm good with that. We should be able to get by the Rams without him. Give him an extra week of rest so he's ready for the Vikings. I think I'd even like to see him moved to the left side to take on Jared Allen. Newhouse held his own, but he'd make me nervous against Allen.

Castle Of Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TJ Lang was a rookie in '09. Jared Allen had 7.5 sacks against the Packers in two games that year.... 4.5 at minn and 3 at Lambeau.... or were you being sarcastic?

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dang, I was hoping you were mistaken and that he actually was playing. lol. oh well... Hopefully we don't need him this week.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
TJ Lang was a rookie in '09. Jared Allen had 7.5 sacks against the Packers in two games that year.... 4.5 at minn and 3 at Lambeau.... or were you being sarcastic?

In the Minny game he did good..There was a guy on another forum that actual broke down every single play TJ was in on..And provided video of each play..

I came away real impressed of his play

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
In the Minny game he did good..There was a guy on another forum that actual broke down every single play TJ was in on..And provided video of each play..

I came away real impressed of his play

Not that big of a deal. I think we'll be fine w/o him this week.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bulaga has to be ready against the Lions.

Allen is having a monster year, but he will face the LT anyway, with or without Bulaga, and that's Newhouse.

The problem is the Lions' front 4. Everyone of them generates constant pressure.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And let's not forget how mobile and awesome Aaron can be when the pocket collapses.
Heck, sometimes he has his best games when that happens.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Bulaga has to be ready against the Lions.

Allen is having a monster year, but he will face the LT anyway, with or without Bulaga, and that's Newhouse.

The problem is the Lions' front 4. Everyone of them generates constant pressure.

I notice they play wide nine a lot too. So screens won't help much. However, slants will kill them. DD could have a good day against the Lions. Their secondary and the center of the field (where short slants go) were very exposed the other night. Unfortunately Cutler didn't have receivers who could shoot across the middle like the Packers.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I notice they play wide nine a lot too. So screens won't help much. However, slants will kill them. DD could have a good day against the Lions. Their secondary and the center of the field (where short slants go) were very exposed the other night. Unfortunately Cutler didn't have receivers who could shoot across the middle like the Packers.
Great take.

I predict a lot of run/pass option plays.

Forte was killing their D with the draws, but Mike Martz thought that it would be too easy to win by running the ball.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Again with the Lions!!!!

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think i rather him sit out the Rams game and be healthy the Vikings, then have the bye

I think so too. Why would they risk him further injury when we are really going to need him as we get further into the season. No offense, but it's the Rams. The Rams are not worth risking him over and neither are the Vikings. Think of the bigger picture. I'm thinking playoffs and SB. In the meantime Newhouse and Sherrod can hold their own until we get Bulaga back, healthy. I'd even go as far as sit him for the Vikings too and let him have the bye to heal up even more. I think we can beat the Vikings without him and then he'd be ready for the Lions and the 2nd half of the season, going into the playoffs where we will need him the most as we will be facing much tougher opposition than the Rams and Vikings.

cheeseheadfanatic87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am glad he's sitting out because I am not to worried about the Rams. Sherrod and Newhouse made a suprisingly good duo. Actually Newhouse has been playing great ever since.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Yep I would rather we let him fully heal and come back 100% then have them play with a nagging injury. Better to have all our starters healthy for the run starting thanksgiving. I am hoping Cliftions injury is a blessing in disguise. It gets Sherrod playing time before he becomes a starter next year and it gives Chad's knees rest for the run to the Superbowl.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Good game to run the ball. Rams are last or second to last against the run.