1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Broncos interested in moving back from first pick

Discussion in 'Draft Talk' started by Jules, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754 / 9 / -0
    Just a FYI thread.

Broncos are interesting in possibly moving back from their first round pick, which is pick #25.

[​IMG] Lindsay Jones@PostBroncos
    Follow
    Elway said Broncos "open" to moving. Said they would prefer to move back (rather than moving up) if another team wants No. 25. #broncos
  2. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422 / 16 / -4
    I personally don't think if we made a play on this, that 25 would give us much more options than we already had at 28
  3. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,668 / 62 / -35
    Packer Fan Since:
    It would get us above NE, who quite possibly might be wanting Shea McClellin.
    If Teddy has an inclination that the Patriots want him, and he does too, he will send them (or the Texans) one of his 4th rounders to move up a couple of spots, above Little Bill.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422 / 16 / -4
    I think they actually might try to get Upshaw or maybe a Defensive Back. Either way with Walden getting resigned I'm not sure what Ted's plans are. I just hope that we don't have to go another season with one of those stooges trying rushing the passer
  5. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +400 / 7 / -0
    #25 would probably land us Michael Brockers if we wanted him. For most, Brockers is the better DL over Jerel Worthy, but both are good.

If the Steelers do not pick Dont'a Hightower at #24, he might also be there. The same is true of Courtney Upshaw. His stock has dropped somewhat.

If Upshaw was still there I'd say trading up for him would be worth it. Next to Melvin Ingram he's the best OLB out there IMO>
  6. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +400 / 7 / -0
    I hear ya. I think Walden is just a backup that they hope will play better if he doesn't have the woman problems hanging over his head. He was pretty distracted by the mess he'd created for himself last season.
  7. Bagadeez04

Bagadeez04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113 / 5 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    I think it would take more than a fourth round pick. A 4th rounder might get you a cup of coffee, but I don't think it moves you up even a single pick in the first round.
  8. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +2,091 / 51 / -37
    What this means to me is as the Broncos pick approaches this board will be lit up with speculation about the Packers trading up for ______ .

As for trading up IMO a 4th rounder doesn't get you a cup of coffee :) but would move them up a spot or two. At least it could according to the Drafttek trade value chart (http://drafttek.com/tradechart.html). Here is how their chart values the picks around the Packers #28:

25: 720
    26: 700
    27: 680
    28: 660

They value the Packers fourth rounder, #123, at 49 points. So that perhaps could move them a spot or two but perhaps not to #25. If the Packers add their fifth rounder, that'd probably get it done and of course they have picks #132 and #133 they can't trade to replace the two picks if they do decide to move up.

If the Broncos value several players around #25 equally they may just accept the Packers #123 if there aren't any other suitors. BTW, here's their value of the Packers tradeable picks:
    #28: 660; #59: 310; #90: 140; #123: 49; #163: 26.2; #197: 12; #224: 2; #235: no trade value.
    Reminder of comp picks: #132; #133; #241; #243.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,668 / 62 / -35
    Packer Fan Since:
    Very good. That's correct. And as we know, it doesn't always work out to the exact point on each side.
    The Texans would love to screw their AFC rivals the Patriots. That is unless they have one guy on their board a lot higher than anyone else, which is unlikely.

Just depends if Teddy really wants a guy bad enough. We learned in 09 with Clay that he has the ballz to trade away a lot of picks to move up and get his man if he so desires.
  10. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754 / 9 / -0
    Some Colts fans going nuts wanting to trade into the late first round too. To probably grab Fleener who many want to naturally pair with Luck.

Broncos glaring weakness is DT. They probably would rather take one in the early to middle second round and see no value for one at pick 25.

On the flip side I am not sure I can see Indy trading picks with how many needs they have. However, I am one who often likes to with quality over quantity.

A Colts draft day trade with Manning's new team would be hilarious.
  11. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754 / 9 / -0
    I really don't want to trade with Denver.:p

A draft day trade between the Colts/Packers would be more then fine with me. Packers get the Colts second/Hughes and another pick or whatever.

Colts get the Packers first rounder this year.

This depends on who is available and if you think Hughes could shine in the Packers defense. The kid has the skills I believe in a 3-4 and that is his natural fit. He is blazing fast. They tried to turn him into Freeney though and it was impossible.

Although I would not want either the Colts or Packers in ANY trade to have to give up a first rounder for next season.

For GB it will likely be a late first round pick so whatever.

For Indy the chances are it would be much higher so I am very hesitant.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. PackersDraft

PackersDraft Draftnik

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I agree for the most part with most of the posts on here. If TT decides to trade up a few picks that means he really likes a guy. If he does decide to trade up we will jump in front of NE and Houston who potentially could take a player high on the Packers' board. We would only have to give up like a fourth rounder to move up three spots so I think it is worth a shot considering we have two other fourth round picks. If he does decide to move up, in Ted I trust. If he doesn't, in Ted I trust.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754 / 9 / -0
    Frank,

You and I might be the only two who care so here it is.

He is still behind Freeney and Mathis.