Bear studs and duds

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My point was if there have been tons of garbage play calling, you should be able to name it.

You really think one game overrules years of great offense?

How many people have so little going on in their lives that they could specific plays over 6 years that weren't good? You're reaching...

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Season ends today.....will TC and Edgar Bennett be running the offense in 2016? Doubt it. One or both of those guys are not getting the job done.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many people have so little going on in their lives that they could specific plays over 6 years that weren't good? You're reaching...

Reaching or asking you to just back up your point? Can you even name any other games with bad calls in general?

The fact is it's ridiculous to believe one of the best offenses in the league year after year did it with consistently bad play calling.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol people love to leave out the fact that a lot of the packers offense comes from broken plays that Rodgers has capitalized on. . Via scrambling our having a free play. That wasn't MM at all. He stands there with that Ihop menu acting like he's smarter than what he is.

Many of the same ones who complained about his play calling last year want him to take back over play calling lol. Amazing

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol people love to leave out the fact that a lot of the packers offense comes from broken plays that Rodgers has capitalized on. . Via scrambling our having a free play. That wasn't MM at all. He stands there with that Ihop menu acting like he's smarter than what he is.

Many of the same ones who complained about his play calling last year want him to take back over play calling lol. Amazing

People also love to blame play calling without hardly backing it up.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reaching or asking you to just back up your point? Can you even name any other games with bad calls in general?

The Detroit game from two week ago comes to mind.

What about the Fail Mary game vs. Seattle? McCarthy/WE only called 5 running plays in the first half even though the offensive line was getting Rodgers killed. Offensive Line gave up 8 sacks in the first half. McCarthy kept calling passing plays. No need to run the ball when your tackles are getting beat on every play.

Those two games stick out.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If I'm TT and my team is somewhat on life support in regards to offense, I look at the moves available to me. Can't trade, nothing out there in FA's, no studs at #2 to promote to #1....hmmmm.....maybe have MM go back to play calling? What is the worst that could happen...we score 13 or 16 points next time out?

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Detroit game from two week ago comes to mind.

What about the Fail Mary game vs. Seattle? McCarthy/WE only called 5 running plays in the first half even though the offensive line was getting Rodgers killed. Offensive Line gave up 8 sacks in the first half. McCarthy kept calling passing plays. No need to run the ball when your tackles are getting beat on every play.

Those two games stick out.

We were discussing MM play calling, not this season.

So far we've got 3 quarters of bad calls in years of games. We can just agree to disagree on the subject as it would take a lot more than that to build a solid case.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't have a dog in this fight, but cherry picking a few "bad" calls here and there and using that to declare MM a bad play caller? Let's just reply every one of Brett Favre or Aaron Rodgers forced interceptions throughout their careers and deem them terrible QB's. You have to look at the total body of work.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb and Adams are the biggest dissapointments this year. They are supposed to be the #1 and #2 WRs. Honestly, with their play this year they wouldn't even make it on other teams rosters. Cobb has been feeding off Jordys great play and getting double team.

MM stubbornes is what's causing this team some wins. How the hell does Masthay have a job? His job is to punt the damn ball and can't even do that. But guess what, he still has a job. Janis has shown great plays, perillo has shown he's better than RR, Hyde has sucked big time, but guess what they are are not putting the best players on the field. Keep doing the same things and expecting different results. Other teams have figured out this offense and they have not adjusted back

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Bingo. Look at plays of 20+ yards-we have to be near the bottom end of the league. That equals crap play calling.

The same can't be said about previous years, but we always suck against good defenses. Does Rodgers forget how to throw the ball in these games? Unlikely. The scheme and plays just don't work against good competition.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bingo. Look at plays of 20+ yards-we have to be near the bottom end of the league. That equals crap play calling.

The same can't be said about previous years, but we always suck against good defenses. Does Rodgers forget how to throw the ball in these games? Unlikely. The scheme and plays just don't work against good competition.

http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...-preview/764968b2-e210-4aba-ae2b-2f47107e3bff

Number 1 in 25+ yard pass plays actually.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tim Masthay
Davante Adams
RRodgers
Eddy Lacy's fumbles
Clements and the play-calling

I hope I don't see Masthay and Clements back next year, and I hope I see someone else at starting TE than Rodgers and a better #2 receiver out there than Adams.

Circa1919

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I for one am tired of Adams. I can't stand seeing him drop a ball or miss a catch and then not even own up to the fact that he got beat by a corner. I can't stand seeing him let balls go through hands day after day and then watching him look around for a flag.

I am also tired of seeing players from our practice squad (Perillo) be the only ones who give any sort of effort, but aren't played or targeted more often. I'm tired of us rewarding Janis for good returns by keeping him on the bench.

Someone, be it play caller, or receiver needs to be shown the door and let someone who actually wants to play get a spot.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Studs, Bart Starr for coming out in the cold in poor health to support Brett Favre. Studs, the fans for staying classy and making it a special evening, regardless of their personal feelings about "the divorce".

Duds; Yup Adams. The refs for deciding to take away Rodgers patented "free plays" when the defense jumps. I think they watched film before the game and said; "we're not gonna let him get away with that." Major Dud; I'm gonna say it, TT for not bringing in help on the receiving corps when he could have and when it was desperately needed.

narmer2000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still don't understand with a first and goal at the 8 that at least one running attempt wasn't made. Along with that series I think Rodgers himself could have ran. Red zone offense is abysmal

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I may be mistaken but after Adams' drop in the second quarter on 3rd and long that cost us a momentum moving first down (amongst many) i believe they kept him out a few series and had Janis in his spot. And as stated Rodgers did not know he existed because well lets just say it is his trust issues with his receivers. That whole trust thing is b.s to me it is Rodgers not looking in the mirror and taking any of the blame, merely just pointing fingers at everyone else. I am starting to wonder if the players are not only tuning MM out but also AR. How many times have we seen Rodgers throw a horrible ball and blame the receiver, not only for not changing their routes but also on the little quick hits he has been throwing in the dirt lately.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We were discussing MM play calling, not this season.

So far we've got 3 quarters of bad calls in years of games. We can just agree to disagree on the subject as it would take a lot more than that to build a solid case.[/
Ran the ball over 6 YPC tonight. Threw the ball 43 times.

Is that backing it up?

I've been saying this forever. Team relies too much on the pass even when the run is working.

Thank you!

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I may be mistaken but after Adams' drop in the second quarter on 3rd and long that cost us a momentum moving first down (amongst many) i believe they kept him out a few series and had Janis in his spot. And as stated Rodgers did not know he existed because well lets just say it is his trust issues with his receivers. That whole trust thing is b.s to me it is Rodgers not looking in the mirror and taking any of the blame, merely just pointing fingers at everyone else. I am starting to wonder if the players are not only tuning MM out but also AR. How many times have we seen Rodgers throw a horrible ball and blame the receiver, not only for not changing their routes but also on the little quick hits he has been throwing in the dirt lately.

Has Rodgers been blaming the receivers for his throws?

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes he has, you can look back at any game and you can see him rolling his eyes and pointing his fingers at the wr's about where "they should have been" at least 5-10 times a game. Thats not all the wr's, thats also AR and his high horse he is on.