Are we the best team in the NFL right now?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since Rodgers became the starter the offense has averaged 31.6 points at Lambeau in games started by Rodgers going 40-9 while averaging 27.5 points in games played in domes going 10-8.

Thus the "this team" part of my quote statement....

Vladimirr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only community-owned team in all of US professional sports? Check.
Not-for-profit organization? Check.
Rich heritage pre-dating the NFL? Check.
The most world championships of any NFL team? Check.

We're not just the best team in the NFL right now, we're the best team in the NFL all the time :D

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since Rodgers became the starter the offense has averaged 31.6 points at Lambeau in games started by Rodgers going 40-9 while averaging 27.5 points in games played in domes going 10-8.

They've also been like 30-4 over the last few years. Don't remember the exact record, but that's close to it.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's certainly no perfect team in the NFL this year as evidenced by the fact that everyone has at least 3 losses. You could arbitrarily make a case for any of the 3 loss teams and probably the Seahawks depending on how you argue your case.

It's all subjective, the real best team in the NFL will be revealed in February. Until then, how the talking heads feel we measure up against the Patriots, Seahawks, Cardinals, etc, is not really something I am concerned about at all. I'm only concerned with being the best team on February 1st.

H

HardRightEdge

In Lambeau, maybe. In Seattle, probably not. Denver in a dome where Manning's throwing hand isn't numb would be problematic.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
I like to think the Pack are the best.
But that remains to be seen.
We have teams we owe some serious payback to. Seattle and San Fran.

Both of those teams need a Green Bay Beat Down. Period.

Seahawker562

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But regardless you guys are the team to beat no question. After you took down the supposed best team last week, you are now the king of the hill

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys have still yet to beat Seattle though, just saying.

Seattle is a great team. I'm very interested in seeing how you guys play against the Eagles this Sunday.

As far as best team, I don't play that game, yet. There are teams that are playing very well and there are several of those right now, us being one of them. We won't know until February 1st.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could care less about who the "best" team is in football during the regular season. We were the best team during the entire season during the 2011 15-1 stretch but where did that get us? I'd rather lose another regular season game then go on a 7 game winstreak! Vs win out and get beat in the playoffs! Even if it means we gotta do it the hard way like 2010. The reward was worth it.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No idea why you would say that as this team is 6-0 at Lambeau while being 0-2 in domes.

then I would suggest asking me why then...

Because those were bad match ups, all things being equal this offense is a very scary thing on turf.

Seahawker562

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle is a great team. I'm very interested in seeing how you guys play against the Eagles this Sunday.

As far as best team, I don't play that game, yet. There are teams that are playing very well and there are several of those right now, us being one of them. We won't know until February 1st.
Yeah totally agree, I thought the game last week against SF would be our "measuring stick" but they decided to play dead. Now im convinced this game will shopw if we are for real or if our defense is just a fluke who has played 2 bad quarter backs in Stanton and Kap. With Wagner back, Byron Maxwell, and Kam Chancellor playin like his old self I do believe we are for real and peaking at the right time.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah totally agree, I thought the game last week against SF would be our "measuring stick" but they decided to play dead. Now im convinced this game will shopw if we are for real or if our defense is just a fluke who has played 2 bad quarter backs in Stanton and Kap. With Wagner back, Byron Maxwell, and Kam Chancellor playin like his old self I do believe we are for real and peaking at the right time.

Yeah, I was looking forward to the SF/Seattle matchup but SF didn't even bother showing up. Not sure what that means when they play again next week on the road. Other than hoping the Bucs somehow pull an upset against Detroit, this is the game I'm most excited about Sunday (since we don't play until Monday). Pats/Chargers should be good, too...

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Can you say who is with a justification?
Not at this time. However, as fans, if you are the best team in the NFL, why would you be worried about home field advantage in the playoffs? If you are the best team in the NFL, it should not matter. I would say they are one of the top teams. In no order. Patriots, Packers, Bengals, Dolphins, Colts, Eagles, Cardinals.

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB is the Best Home Team in the NFL yes and one of the better teams overall.

D

Deleted member 6794

then I would suggest asking me why then...

Because those were bad match ups, all things being equal this offense is a very scary thing on turf.

We could face one of the teams that we've already lost to in the playoffs once again, I'd rather play them at Lambeau than at their dome.

D

Deleted member 6794

I would say they are one of the top teams. In no order. Patriots, Packers, Bengals, Dolphins, Colts, Eagles, Cardinals.

Out of these teams the Patriots are the only one I would be concerned about facing them in the playoffs. You forgot to mention the Broncos and Seahawks though.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
You guys have still yet to beat Seattle though, just saying.
Agreed. We have some payback we owe them.

But I must say, present company excepted, I have rarely seen a more ungracious bunch of winners as the Seattle Seahawks after they won the SB.

But we'll see. Maybe after they've won the Championship a dozen or so times will they be able to act like they've been there before.

I'll check back in the middle of the century.

Last edited:

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not at this time. However, as fans, if you are the best team in the NFL, why would you be worried about home field advantage in the playoffs?
We have a better home record than we have a road record. Shouldn't that be obvious?

Seahawker562

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. We have some payback we owe them.

But I must say, present company excepted, I have rarely seen a more ungracious bunch of winners as the Seattle Seahawks after they won the SB.

But we'll see. Maybe after they've won the Championship a dozen or so times will they be able to act like they've been there before.

I'll check back in the middle of the century.

I agree the 12th man can be a bit obnoxious but the city of Seattle hasnt seen a championship since the 70's with the Sonics so ya we are a bit of an overzealous group. Once we have some continuity with winning I think the cockiness will fall off and you will see a more humble fan group. Really hoping we see you guys in the NFC champisonship!

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the only team that matters this year is Denver. Sea and GB and everyone one else is pointless to talk about

Members online

Latest posts