As of today, are we better than the Lions?

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They beat us when we were still settling down earlier in the season, but once we got things down, we won.

So, do you all think we are the best team in NFC North as of today?

I think so. If we play Lions this weekend, we'll win.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I keep saying it this way, said it before the Dallas game:

We are not the better team than Dallas, but we only have to be better this Sunday.

We are not the better team than Niners, but we only have to be better this Saturday.

I actually think us and the Lions are quite on par with eachother and would struggle to rank us right now.

Both are better than Buccs IMO.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
No. I recall the Lions being the Lions of old on Thanksgiving, not the Dan Campbell recent Lions. I expect a good struggle, hopefully injury free, next week Sunday in Motown.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I keep saying it this way, said it before the Dallas game:

We are not the better team than Dallas, but we only have to be better this Sunday.

We are not the better team than Niners, but we only have to be better this Saturday.

I actually think us and the Lions are quite on par with eachother and would struggle to rank us right now.

Both are better than Buccs IMO.

We are better than the Cowboys lol that much is certain

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are better than the Cowboys lol that much is certain

Disagree. Only reason I would say that is purely from a fan biasness.

I do see us as ascending whereas I feel Dallas has peaked unless they do a regime change and Dak figures out playoff moments.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I do see us as ascending whereas I feel Dallas has peaked unless they do a regime change and Dak figures out playoff moments.

Not looking to argue here, but I assume you watched Sunday? These games are for keeps; they COUNT.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not looking to argue here, but I assume you watched Sunday? These games are for keeps; they COUNT.
LOL, I did, actually have watched the All22 even now couple times.

If we beat the Niners I'm still also not going to say we are a better team then them. I sure as heck hope we are though this coming Saturday and I think we can be for sure.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL, I did, actually have watched the All22 even now couple times.

If we beat the Niners I'm still also not going to say we are a better team then them. I sure as heck hope we are though this coming Saturday and I think we can be for sure.

I guess it's just semantics or perception, but I can't see how, after watching so thoroughly, you wouldn't describe us as "better" than the team that was just utterly obliterated in almost every conceivable way in the biggest game of the year and the biggest game in many of their careers.

Good problem to have, I guess. I'm in.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
100% we are better than the Lions. There's not even an argument.

The teams are fairly comparable until you get to QB.

Love is playing at an elite level and is currently the most dangerous play-maker in the tournament.

Goff is a good QB, but he cannot make plays out of structure or handle pressure at all. The environment has to be perfect.

It's a huge advantage at the most important position. If we get them in Detroit, it's Packers by 2+ scores.

Reaction score
Well we beat the Lions by 7 and they were creeping back into it as time ran out. I think we are very similar in strength to Detroit +- and because we’re healthy and have some seasoning I’d say we’re +

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As of today, yes I believe we are. Hopefully we get the chance to prove that next week.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Depends on which Goff shows up.

The same Goff always shows up. The question is whether he's in a pristine environment or not.

If the receivers are open and the pocket is clean, Goff can dice a team up.

If he has to create second reaction plays or deal with pressure, he is one of the worst QB's in football.

This is why I am so excited for the Lions to pay him.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, there is the small matter of a major contest 4 days ago between them. We might not be the better collection of individual players overall, but we're damn well the better TEAM.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Detroit doesn't have the offensive weapons that Green Bay has right now.
Green Bay doesn't quite have the defensive studs that Detroit has right now, but close.
Detroit doesn't have the creative offensive playcaller that Green Bay has right now.
Green Bay doesn't have the nasty defensive culture that Detroit has right now under Dan Campbell.

I think that the Packers as of the last 1/4 of the season are better than the Lions, but it would be a fun game....if we can get there. I think that Detroit should destroy Tampa Bay.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well we beat the Lions by 7 and they were creeping back into it as time ran out. I think we are very similar in strength to Detroit +- and because we’re healthy and have some seasoning I’d say we’re +
We're a better team than we were then. No question about that.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Detroit doesn't have the offensive weapons that Green Bay has right now.
Green Bay doesn't quite have the defensive studs that Detroit has right now, but close.
Detroit doesn't have the creative offensive playcaller that Green Bay has right now.
Green Bay doesn't have the nasty defensive culture that Detroit has right now under Dan Campbell.
MLF also doesn't play stupid ball on 4th down 90% of the time.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So why are they a better team?
This year 2023 I believe they have a better roster as a whole. There are very few position groups that im taking ours over theirs is all.

I can go position group by position group if you want but I strongly believe you just struggle getting over seeing one game last week that got out of hand VERY fast regardless of any amount of reasons provided. Which FTR is fine, I’m good with you thinking we are a better team, I just happen to disagree or at minimum see us as equals with us for sure ascending and Cowboys have stalled

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This year 2023 I believe they have a better roster as a whole. There are very few position groups that im taking ours over theirs is all.

We have different definitions of a team then. You seem to define a team strictly by the sum of its parts given the statement above. I define it by how well those pieces function as a whole. A good team is generally greater than the sum of it's parts. Bad teams are less than the sum of its parts.

Members online

Latest posts