Any interest in Caleb Williams for 2024?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there's something to that, about building a stadium for a "rich guy." Some entities have no idea what the long term future of having that franchise there means to the economy down the road.

Las Vegas has feasted on those short sighted communities, by expanding their pro sports empire. When some of us were saying it was coming, long before it happened, we were called idiots because there wasn't the "TV market" for them. Reality is, there will always be a revenue stream for them. Pro sports are realizing this, and acting accordingly.

My question is, who will get the two "new" NFL franchises, when they expand? I'm not certain I totally buy the idea of Mexico City, and someone in Europe, like London. I see places like Vancouver, BC, and the I-35 corridor, Austin to San Antonio, TX, as obvious opportunities. The fastest growing area in the US is the Texas corridor. We live in in part of the year, and it's growing so fast that it's almost impossible to keep up with it.
They would love to tap into other markets. Mexico City would not just be the city, but the whole country and maybe a chunk of Central America as well. That's a lot of dollars (or pesos I suppose). I'm concerned about Europe. Just think the travel for games over there would be a burden for teams. But putting a team in London would bring in a chunk of Europe and a lot of Euros or pounds or whatever.

Reaction score
We should build a Stadium on the Border. One half in Mexico one half in The U.S.
Set the gambling up on the Mexican side and just make sure you eat on the U.S. side.
Thoughts? :coffee:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They would love to tap into other markets. Mexico City would not just be the city, but the whole country and maybe a chunk of Central America as well. That's a lot of dollars (or pesos I suppose). I'm concerned about Europe. Just think the travel for games over there would be a burden for teams. But putting a team in London would bring in a chunk of Europe and a lot of Euros or pounds or whatever.
I totally agree on travel to Europe. It would be difficult for a team from London, playing a schedule here in the Colonies. ;) That said, a lot of players, and the league, might not like the idea of Mexico City because of the cartels. They would find a way to wheedle their way into it someway or another. Count on it. Their brand of "advertising" makes their offers the kind you can't refuse.
I think about those really long haul trips. Like, from LA to London. That's a back breaker. I know. I've done it. Fly from LA to NY, non-stop, then get on a second plane, non-stop to Gatwick, South of London. An 8 hour difference. The non-stop flights today are 10.5 hours. That means, if you leave LA at 9:00 AM on a Monday, you arrive at Gatwick, at 3:30 AM on Tuesday. You're out of it until at least Wednesday, and then, still groggy. I know, been there, but without the non-stop. Had plane change in NY.

Going the opposite way, you leave Gatwick at 9:00 AM, you arrive in LA at 11:30 AM, same day. You're in a funk until the following day. Been there, done that too.

Anyhow, travel is a nightmare. Now, when it comes to Mexico City, DON'T DRINK THE WATER, OR USE THEIR ICE CUBES!

Reaction score
I totally agree on travel to Europe. It would be difficult for a team from London, playing a schedule here in the Colonies. ;) That said, a lot of players, and the league, might not like the idea of Mexico City because of the cartels. They would find a way to wheedle their way into it someway or another. Count on it. Their brand of "advertising" makes their offers the kind you can't refuse.
I think about those really long haul trips. Like, from LA to London. That's a back breaker. I know. I've done it. Fly from LA to NY, non-stop, then get on a second plane, non-stop to Gatwick, South of London. An 8 hour difference. The non-stop flights today are 10.5 hours. That means, if you leave LA at 9:00 AM on a Monday, you arrive at Gatwick, at 3:30 AM on Tuesday. You're out of it until at least Wednesday, and then, still groggy. I know, been there, but without the non-stop. Had plane change in NY.

Going the opposite way, you leave Gatwick at 9:00 AM, you arrive in LA at 11:30 AM, same day. You're in a funk until the following day. Been there, done that too.

Anyhow, travel is a nightmare. Now, when it comes to Mexico City, DON'T DRINK THE WATER, OR USE THEIR ICE CUBES!
I drank the milk in Mexico once and I got sooooo sick. It was the year Hurricane Emily hit (2005?) and we scrambled out and caught a flight to Miami Beach. I had food poisoning and 3 days later my first meal was at Emeril’s (Lagasse)in South Beach. It was the best food I’ve ever had in my life. My wife told them it was our Anniversary and I hadn’t eaten in like 3 days due to having food poisoning in Cancun. (I didn’t leave my bed for 2 days) When they heard that, they treated us like absolute Gold with the best table overlooking the kitchen and brought us samples of everyone else’s orders every 5-10 minutes. I don’t know who said what but it was like being a King and that food was of healing quality. Whoever ran that place was A++ good to us and treated us like we were Royalty and I never got a chance to thank them properly for that. Caleb Williams would love their food ( trying to tie it to thread)

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I flew that route. Went transpolar to direct to London. Bit shorter and no plane change.

Want to add - don't eat the salad! Thought I was safe but told later they wash their lettuce and other veggies in that bacteria laden water. My experience was similar to Oldschool.

Reaction score
Chad Clifton was there long before Rodgers. Had to be the other one.
Yes he was. I was just bustin’ his chops.

Although thank you for reminding me that we have had elements of good success in Day 2 at OL. I was just saying we kinda suck at Day 2 at OL, but Clifton was a home run in rd 2 I almost forgot about him.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes the was. I was just bustin’ his chops.

Although thank you for reminding me that we have had elements of good success in Day 2 at OL. I was just saying we kinda suck at Day 3 OL, but Clifton was a home run in rd 2
Bakhtiari as well wasn't he a 4 or 5. Tom is a 4, Runyan a 6, Myers I think is a 5 so it generally doesn't look that bad lately.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Bakhtiari as well wasn't he a 4 or 5. Tom is a 4, Runyan a 6, Myers I think is a 5 so it generally doesn't look that bad lately.
Seems like an offensive lineman is a about a 50/50 proposition for the Packers from Rounds 1-4. With Round 4 being the sweet spot for the Packers, in my opinion.

I was actually shocked at how few OL players that they have taken in round 5 and it seems when they do....pretty meh, except for Corey Linsley.

Reaction score
Sorry I meant Day 2. I revised it but you already quoted me so I’m busted. Our Day 3 OL have been a little better selections going back across Rodgers tenure.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry I meant Day 2. I revised it but you already quoted me so I’m busted. Our Day 3 guys have been a little better going back across Rodgers tenure. Like we said
Bak, Linsley, Looks like Runyon, Tom etc. those are good hits. Not sure how I feel about Newman and Hanson it’s like we just can’t let go of love gone bad.
I can't figure out why Newman and Hanson are on the team anymore. All they got goin' between them is Newman's mullet.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry I meant Day 2. I revised it but you already quoted me so I’m busted. Our Day 3 guys have been a little better going back across Rodgers tenure. Like we said
Bak, Linsley, Looks like Runyon, Tom etc. those are good hits. Not sure how I feel about Newman and Hanson it’s like we just can’t let go of love gone bad.

Newmans perfect role is that swing type guy. He excelled in relative terms as a rookie, overachieved….sophomore year underachieved. Either way he has shown ability to handle spot starts and positional versatility. He is exactly what you want out of your 6th or 7th type guy in an OL room.

Hanson only was here IMO as back up center….with Tom having that inside track it seems his guard experiment is hopefully done.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
My question is, who will get the two "new" NFL franchises,
Why doesn't Chicago get a 2nd team? LA has 2, NY has 2, DC/Baltimore has 2. Chicago should be large enough for an AFC team. Does ST Louis want a team yet? I could see one in Vancouver, one or 2 in Mexico, San Antonio, and maybe some one like STL. Toronto would be a choice but Buffalo is close and it would hurt their fan base. I don't expect any in Europe just yet. The travel would be a nightmare for all parties. If they did Europe there would need to be at least 3 teams to make the travel less strenuous for all parties. Always could schedule 2 games in Europe while one Euro team is stateside for 2 games.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why doesn't Chicago get a 2nd team? LA has 2, NY has 2, DC/Baltimore has 2. Chicago should be large enough for an AFC team. Does ST Louis want a team yet? I could see one in Vancouver, one or 2 in Mexico, San Antonio, and maybe some one like STL. Toronto would be a choice but Buffalo is close and it would hurt their fan base. I don't expect any in Europe just yet. The travel would be a nightmare for all parties. If they did Europe there would need to be at least 3 teams to make the travel less strenuous for all parties. Always could schedule 2 games in Europe while one Euro team is stateside for 2 games.
A real conundrum, 'ey?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes he was. I was just bustin’ his chops.

Although thank you for reminding me that we have had elements of good success in Day 2 at OL. I was just saying we kinda suck at Day 2 at OL, but Clifton was a home run in rd 2 I almost forgot about him.
On the other side Tauscher was a 7th rounder. Mike Wahle was a 2nd. Mike Flanagan was a 3rd. And Marco Rivera was a 6th. Wolf was pretty good there.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
How about one in Madison or Milwaukee? :whistling::coffee:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Packers depend on being a state team and need the marketing areas of those two cities to survive.
Agreed and that was said tongue in Cheek. Besides the Packers suffering a big hit, a Pro Football Team wouldn't survive in Madison, yet alone Milwaukee.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems like an offensive lineman is a about a 50/50 proposition for the Packers from Rounds 1-4. With Round 4 being the sweet spot for the Packers, in my opinion.

I was actually shocked at how few OL players that they have taken in round 5 and it seems when they do....pretty meh, except for Corey Linsley.
Good coaching I suppose. I know the new MLF system is very OL friendly. Would using a high pick on a OL make sense? If we can draft and develop, it save draft capital for other positions. Or maybe, with a really good OT, the OL would be that much more dominant.

I would stick with draft late and develop. We seem to find guys back there who are every bit as athletic as the top guys.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Hanson only was here IMO as back up center….with Tom having that inside track it seems his guard experiment is hopefully done.
The Packers not drafting any OL players this year might have been a sign that they were pretty happy with the current group. Seems like they typically carry 9-10 on their 53. If there are no injuries/trades, I see the following as locks: Bahk, Jenkins, Myers, Runyan, Tom, Nijman and Newman.
Good coaching I suppose. I know the new MLF system is very OL friendly. Would using a high pick on a OL make sense? If we can draft and develop, it save draft capital for other positions. Or maybe, with a really good OT, the OL would be that much more dominant.

I would stick with draft late and develop. We seem to find guys back there who are every bit as athletic as the top guys.
I feel the same way. Can you find an ALL Pro LT in the first round? Sure, but you can also find them in Round 4 and develop them. I would give scouting a lot of credit for the Packers success with the OL. They have definitely found some guys, that other teams have missed and developed them into pretty good players.

For S&G's I went back to the Packers 1989 draft, you know the Tony Mandarich pick. Then scrolled up through the draft years, I'd stick to finding my OL diamonds outside of round 1 if I were the Packers.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Draft and develop is the best way to stock a team. There's no doubt about it. Why? Money. Rookie contracts, regardless of round picked, are essentially inexpensive, compared to signing free agents, or resigning your own guys to second contracts.