All Capers Threads merged

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This proves my point.
Packers win. Players get the credit.
Packers lose. It is ALL Dom Capers fault. Not the players for not executing. Capers.
This is why I have the sig that I have.

I think the vast majority of the time complaints about play-calling fall into the same category as indicated by your sig. Now, in the case of Jason Garrett shutting down Murray yesterday... well now that's a head-scratcher there. As well as we played to get the win in the second half yesterday, if Garrett had a clue about how to close out wins we would be out of contention today. McCarthy should have given him the game ball even though technically I think Bill Callahan actually calls their offense.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Credit and then fire him. I have a feeling you're one of those kind of fans that thinks that firing everybody will bring a SB. Dude..... really?

That is where you are mistaken, I do not believe that. What I do believe is that Dom is much to slow to adjust.

Bignutz

I'm a victim of coicumstances!
Reaction score
I gave you a "winner" on this post. Many fans won't know that's true. Look in on Garrett's post game. He gives credit to the Packer D committing to stop the run (8, 9, 10 in the box). Capers haters won't want to admit it, but it was a huge part of the second half come back.
Go back and watch the game. Capers won this matchup. Holy second half adjustments Batman.
No he didn't we couldn't stop them at all in the first half.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
Good job holding the Cowboys to only 36 points. If the Packers had lost, would this thread even exist?

H

HardRightEdge

This proves my point.
Packers win. Players get the credit.
Packers lose. It is ALL Dom Capers fault. Not the players for not executing. Capers.
This is why I have the sig that I have.
When we lose 7-3, remind me. I'll probably give Capers credit for a good game. He'll be gone before that happens, though.

Forderick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I would like to see him gone after this season(he should have been let go for the embarrassing performances last year). Obviously if the packers make a deep run into the playoffs, my opinion will likely change.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems like fans like to conveniently forget that we have injuries.
I mean, crikey! Even Clay was out for a few weeks, Packers lose, it's all Capers fault.
Maybe we are simply outplayed by other teams who have the majority of their star players including the QB on offense?
Naw. That can't be it either. All Capers fault.

I really can't believe some of you fans.
Packers lose. Fire Capers!! thread gets dusted off and brought back and gets re-bumped for a few weeks.
Packers win. Hardly any agreement or if there is, it's very reluctant agreement, that Capers should get any due credit.
"Well, yeah. I guess he did something. Maybe. Sort of. But let's give credit to the players instead."
SMH
That's because a single positive game doesn't make a strong case. Jeez man you've got some pretty convenient memory loss yourself. That fire Capers thread has been going for years now. I want steady performance I can count on week in and week out. Sorry if that makes me a fickle fan, I however don't agree with the distinction. Capers has yet to do that for more than a season.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How far have our standards for a competitive defense dropped if we are supposed to be impressed by games where we gave up nearly 500 yards and 36 points?

Shields and Tramon made season-saving plays, at least for the moment, no doubt. But this was about the 5th out of the last 6 games where our defense has been absolutely gashed on the ground. Inexplicably, the Cowboys got away from it late.

Take the emotion of the game out of the equation and realize that if the last INT hadn't happened and the Cowboys had driven down for the winning FG, Capers is still under a ton of fire today.

If you look at the play-by-play, we were no more effective stopping Murray in the 2nd half than the 1st half. The only one who stopped him was the Cowboys. They just took the ball completely out of his hands.

I'm not saying it's hopeless, just that we do have to take the emotion out of it and realize we are still looking for solutions on how to stop opposing ground games. The "clog it up" approach with Pickett and Raji is just not working. On the bright side, I was impressed with Josh Boyd yesterday. Frankly, I'm more impressed with Boyd than I've been impressed with Raji the entire season.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
No he didn't we couldn't stop them at all in the first half.
Go listen to Garrett's post game - he'll tell you how it went. The Packers didn't commit to stopping the run until the second half. I'm 100% correct here buddy.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
That is where you are mistaken, I do not believe that. What I do believe is that Dom is much to slow to adjust.
Too slow in game or too slow over the season? He adjusted and they won. They only allowed 10 points to a pretty good offense this week in the second half.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go listen to Garrett's post game - he'll tell you how it went. The Packers didn't commit to stopping the run until the second half. I'm 100% correct here buddy.

The Cowboys rushed for 41 yards on 7 carries in the second half. How exactly does that indicate that we "committed" to stopping the run in the 2nd half?

The Cowboys committed to get away from what was working. We just sat back and let them do it.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too slow in game or too slow over the season? He adjusted and they won. They only allowed 10 points to a pretty good offense this week in the second half.
So he made adjustments in the most recent game. That doesn't really erase the plethora of games that he's failed to make them. As always, I'm willing to give someone enough rope to hang themselves.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
If you're talking about the Cowboys go listen to Garrett's post game presser. Don't take my word for it. He specifically tells you what the Packers did defensively that made them adjust their game plan.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
So he made adjustments in the most recent game. That doesn't really erase the plethora of games that he's failed to make them. As always, I'm willing to give someone enough rope to hang themselves.
Or how about last game? Against Atlanta?

Members online