AirBnB for Packer visit

• Thread starter I asked LT to delete my acct
  • Start date
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

With the boys coming to London in October, anybody wanting to come to the game I am offering a room. I say a room, it is my shed or if you want extra light, my greenhouse. Both will have a bed...I say bed, I`ve found an old sleeping bag. Both come ensuite...I say ensuite, you`ll be provided with a bucket and use of the garden hose if you need a shower. A breakfast will be provided...I say breakfast, a slice of toast with preserves of your choice as long as it`s strawberry jam.

I realise this might be an opportunity of a lifetime coming overseas so ONLY for forum members I`m offering a special rate...ONLY £135 a night. I realise I am giving myself a small profit but I think you guys deserve a treat. Let me know as soon as you`re interested.

Buggy

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the boys coming to London in October, anybody wanting to come to the game I am offering a room. I say a room, it is my shed or if you want extra light, my greenhouse. Both will have a bed...I say bed, I`ve found an old sleeping bag. Both come ensuite...I say ensuite, you`ll be provided with a bucket and use of the garden hose if you need a shower. A breakfast will be provided...I say breakfast, a slice of toast with preserves of your choice as long as it`s strawberry jam.

I realise this might be an opportunity of a lifetime coming overseas so ONLY for forum members I`m offering a special rate...ONLY £135 a night. I realise I am giving myself a small profit but I think you guys deserve a treat. Let me know as soon as you`re interested.

Buggy
Do we have to empty our own bucket?

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we want to insure a room, do we need to make a deposit in a box and send it to you?

Reaction score

Buggy
I’m game. I Love Strawberry Jam with clumps of someone else’s butter on a slice of homemade White starch bread after cleaning my armpits and butt with a garden hose and a good nights sleep in an old sleeping bag inside an old shed that leaks and is guarded from Varmint (like me) by a snake. I’ll be singing “there ain’t no place like home” late night.

That sounds fun sign me up. :tup:
PS
I ain’t coming unless Longtime sleeps over in the greenhouse tho.
I call dibs on the shed there out back

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m game. I Love Strawberry Jam with clumps of someone else’s butter on a slice of homemade White starch bread after cleaning my armpits and butt with a garden hose and a good nights sleep in an old sleeping bag inside an old shed that leaks and is guarded from Varmint (like me) by a snake. I’ll be singing “there ain’t no place like home” late night.

That sounds fun sign me up. :tup:
PS
I ain’t coming unless Longtime sleeps over in the greenhouse tho.
I call dibs on the shed there out back
Me and a green house? Lot of built up gases

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bill's shed sounds better than a few places I've stayed in over the years.

Especially when I was a kid. We had this old Boy Scout cabin back in the woods that was nothing more than a log building with a leaky roof, loft sleeping areas, and a dirt floor. The wind would scream through the cracks between the logs, and it could get pretty cold. We'd make mud, and fill the cracks every time we got there, to cut back on the breeze.

In the middle of this room, we had a pot-belly stove, and the chimney was a stove pipe running straight up through the roof. When we stoked it up, it was reasonably warm in the lofts, so you could sleep.

Of course, to sleep up there, you first had to make sure there were no pine snakes lurking in the rafters. They liked to snuggle, from what I heard.

We'd actually cook food on that stove too. A big pot of whatever we had, thrown together. Maybe a partridge, squirrel, or anything we'd been able to trap through our Scout training. Usually it was something we brought from home. Our trapping skills weren't too good.

We'd only stay out there for four days at a time since there was no water nearby, and at the end of four days, everyone was beginning to smell a little rank. To go anywhere, we had to walk over a mile and a half through the woods, to the nearest access road.

I think I was there about 7 or 8 times. I can't recall. But I do know it left a lasting memory of what it was like.

I'm calling dibs on renting the sofa in front of the television in the house. You guys can fight over the shed.

OP
OP
I

Bill's shed sounds better than a few places I've stayed in over the years.

Especially when I was a kid. We had this old Boy Scout cabin back in the woods that was nothing more than a log building with a leaky roof, loft sleeping areas, and a dirt floor. The wind would scream through the cracks between the logs, and it could get pretty cold. We'd make mud, and fill the cracks every time we got there, to cut back on the breeze.

In the middle of this room, we had a pot-belly stove, and the chimney was a stove pipe running straight up through the roof. When we stoked it up, it was reasonably warm in the lofts, so you could sleep.

Of course, to sleep up there, you first had to make sure there were no pine snakes lurking in the rafters. They liked to snuggle, from what I heard.

We'd actually cook food on that stove too. A big pot of whatever we had, thrown together. Maybe a partridge, squirrel, or anything we'd been able to trap through our Scout training. Usually it was something we brought from home. Our trapping skills weren't too good.

We'd only stay out there for four days at a time since there was no water nearby, and at the end of four days, everyone was beginning to smell a little rank. To go anywhere, we had to walk over a mile and a half through the woods, to the nearest access road.

I think I was there about 7 or 8 times. I can't recall. But I do know it left a lasting memory of what it was like.

I'm calling dibs on renting the sofa in front of the television in the house. You guys can fight over the shed.

We don`t have snakes, but I will hire out a cooking stove if you can find any roadkill.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We don`t have snakes, but I will hire out a cooking stove if you can find any roadkill.
This is sounding like a better deal every minute. I better get my deposit in quick. I don't know if I really trust buggy though. He seems like the type to double book. I wouldn't mind sharing the shed but he probably only has one bucket.

OP
OP
I

This is sounding like a better deal every minute. I better get my deposit in quick. I don't know if I really trust buggy though. He seems like the type to double book. I wouldn't mind sharing the shed but he probably only has one bucket.
You cast doubt on my integrity ?? I`m offended.......lol Would that face lie ?

Reaction score
I didn't say anything about your integrity. Other than the bucket we never discussed bathroom habits.
When I put going to London to see a Football game on my Bucket-List. I had no idea this is what it would enTrails. I mean entails :poop::coffee:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could enjoy watching the Packers play at a pub in London, surrounded by Packer fans from the area. They just have to promise to not do ole, ole, ole, during the entire game, driving me nuts! I went through that at Bernabéu Stadium in Madrid, watching Real Madrid play Barcelona, roughly 25 years ago! I wanted to yell; "Stop it already!" At least it wasn't the super annoying vuvuzelas screeching constantly like a chipmunk with it's walnuts caught in a vise.

OP
OP
I

An update.....Looking to improve my service for potential customers I purchased an enamel bucket, second hand obviously and put it in the shed. I also bought a scented candle and lit it overnight as the shed smelled a bit rank because of the damp sleeping bag. During the night, a windy one, the candle fell off the shelf into the bucket. The strange smell from the bucket was infact gas fumes, the bucket had been used at a garage :(. The resulting fire and explosion burned the shed down to the ground :cry: and blew out all the glass in the greenhouse. set fire to the neighbours fence costing me over £1000.
Thank you for your understanding. I don`t feel well and am going back to bed. :(

Reaction score
An update.....Looking to improve my service for potential customers I purchased an enamel bucket, second hand obviously and put it in the shed. I also bought a scented candle and lit it overnight as the shed smelled a bit rank because of the damp sleeping bag. During the night, a windy one, the candle fell off the shelf into the bucket. The strange smell from the bucket was infact gas fumes, the bucket had been used at a garage :(. The resulting fire and explosion burned the shed down to the ground :cry: and blew out all the glass in the greenhouse. set fire to the neighbours fence costing me over £1000.
Thank you for your understanding. I don`t feel well and am going back to bed. :(
Have we properly notified next of Kinfolk for the guests who were staying overnight? I mean we should probably give them a proper service or whatever. I can help clean up and we can rebuild better than before. Maybe light a few candles in their memory?

I won’t let this ruin my plans..

I’ll be there to represent GB in the best way I know how. :tup:

Rain or shine I won’t let you down Buggs

Last edited:

Members online