Five guys that scream Packer types....

edensmage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of people did that after the Love pick.
I wasn't one of em. Although I was pretty deep into work at the time so my knowledge of prospects was so minimal it was hard to get excited about much. I think most of knew it was time to start considering the future and we've been fortune to have the luxury of this string of QB's so I'm not going to get too upset about something like that...however, a WR in the first???
*Best Barkley* - Com'mon maaaan

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasn't one of em. Although I was pretty deep into work at the time so my knowledge of prospects was so minimal it was hard to get excited about much. I think most of knew it was time to start considering the future and we've been fortune to have the luxury of this string of QB's so I'm not going to get too upset about something like that...however, a WR in the first???
*Best Barkley* - Com'mon maaaan
LOL - yeah a WR in round 1 is out there, way out there. And not necessarily because they couldn't use one (I don't think Watson will last in the NFL). There are at least three WRs worth trading up for. The Packers have other needs, and fortunately and for a change, WR isn't one of them. Then again, that hasn't stopped Gluten in the past. I think he trades up for a CB, but let's see.

I felt let down when Love was picked. Yes Rodgers looked like he was fading so the idea was understandable. But Rodgers had a bad year, he was not declining and won two more MVPs. In hindsight I was wrong, or hopefully I'm wrong, and Love continues a great tradition.

And kudos to the GM for seeing ahead. Even if Rodgers still had the physical gifts to play, and he did, his head had left for other places.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll go as far as to say if GB picks a WR in the first two rounds - Doubs, Wicks, Watson or Reed is traded. (one of them)

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll go as far as to say if GB picks a WR in the first two rounds - Doubs, Wicks, Watson or Reed is traded. (one of them)
Yeah it just sounds very unlikely that they'd take a WR in round 1. I do agree that IF they did, 1) that's too many good receivers and not enough snaps to go around and 2) Watson would be the guy to go.

The jury is still out on Watson and considering how well Doubs, Wicks, and Reed are playing, the team can afford to carry Watson for another year and see if he can stay on the field. He's a weapon when healthy, and the trade market for him right now would be poor. And I just don't see them parting ways with Doubs, Wicks, or Reed.

But I don't rule anything out with Gluten. It looks like there will be a lot of jockeying for QB talent in round 1 and that would shake things up. They need another starter in the secondary. As always, we'll see.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There will be no political digs. This year in the real world will be bad enough.
So, what's wrong with that. IMO a forum is for people to express their opinion whether you, me or anyone else agrees with it or not. Otherwise, what is the sense of coming on here. If I want to hear a bunch of people who just agree about everything without thinking for themselves, I can just go to a Trump rally.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, what's wrong with that. IMO a forum is for people to express their opinion whether you, me or anyone else agrees with it or not. Otherwise, what is the sense of coming on here. If I want to hear a bunch of people who just agree about everything without thinking for themselves, I can just go to a Trump rally.

I have zero problem with folks complaining. It is the illogical leaps into out space of thought which is just lunacy IMO.

FTR again, I was not a fan of us picking Love - despite him being a QB I loved. We should have picked someone else IMO.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, what's wrong with that. IMO a forum is for people to express their opinion whether you, me or anyone else agrees with it or not. Otherwise, what is the sense of coming on here. If I want to hear a bunch of people who just agree about everything without thinking for themselves, I can just go to a Trump, or Biden, or Bush, or Obama......well really any political candidate rally.

Corrected it for you LOL

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have zero problem with folks complaining. It is the illogical leaps into out space of thought which is just lunacy IMO.

FTR again, I was not a fan of us picking Love - despite him being a QB I loved. We should have picked someone else IMO.
I never had a problem with the Love pick. I did not know anything about him but pretty much saw the writing on the wall for ARod and did not like how he seemed to not listen to LaFleur, and his attitude was pouting so much. But I remember one guy...Sunshine or something like that. He went absolutely nuts and would not let up. Wanted to put him on ignore but did not know how. So just didn't read his posts. Sorry if it wasn't Sunshine. I get him and another mixed up.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, is it safe to say that Sunshine didn't make you happy, but made you cry?

Members online

Latest posts