2024 draft discussion thread

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Are they going to draft a CB? Edge or Dt? Another OL, or does Newman have a chance to stick? A QB?
I'm kind of shocked at no DT, but think they have done a decent job addressing the secondary. Maybe giving Stokes too much credit to turn things around this season? Also, Carrington Valentine I think could be a future star or at least a solid starter.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So to be fair Bullard is a slot corner - fully capable and honestly better than Nixon there. I wouldn’t be blown away to see that as a way he gets deployed often
I just do not have confidence in Stokes as the 2nd outside corner.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just do not have confidence in Stokes as the 2nd outside corner.

I believe between Stokes and Valentine one will emerge to be trusted.

I also don’t put it past Gute to have a possible free agency move of a veteran coming in

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah? You've seen his board and know this for fact?
No, but those players are still excellent athletes and can offer great depth. Gute must have agreed with me about Olodapo. He took him and I couldn't be more pleased about that pick.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's Gutekunst's hit rate in rounds 1-3 (adjusted for draft position in those rounds) and how does that rate compare to the other 31 teams?
I think it makes more sense to just look at when Gute shines and when he doesn't. No need to compare him to other GM's. When he doesn't reach, he still misses some players but comes up with a lot of great picks. When he reaches such as for Myers, Dillon and Degaura the results are usually disappointing keeping in kind the draft position and resources expended. I think the Hooper pick is more than likely going to end up as a disappointing reach pick. I hope I'm wrong but the track record says otherwise.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another OL player, Travis Glover
I like this pick, and Bucly Brooks enthusiastically agrees with me. He's got physical tools, started 57 games (mostly at T), but needs some development and coaching - which Green Bay can provide better than most NFL teams.

Extremely low RAS score, though - 4.78, which is discouraging, but it's not unusual for Gute to set that aside if he sees something special that could be developed. But they must see something there that shows promoise, and at the very least he'll provide some competition for the young players. Fits Gute's standard pattern for Round 6.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Evan Williams must have played both safety and CB last year because I have seen him listed as both. He has the body type of a CB but his athletic traits suggest a safety. Given the signing of McKinney and drafting Bullard and Olodapo, it makes more sense that Williams was drafted as a CB. Bullard, however, played a lot of slot CB in 2022 at Georgia so don't be surprised if he winds up playing a lot of slot CB especially if Olodapo is really good. Hard to know where Williams will fit in.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Evidently, the Steelers had a strong interest in Glover.... they had him for a Top 30, coaches spoke well of him, and there were several writeups in their local media. Here are a couple of them.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
New DC, Xavier McKinney, healthy Stokes, Javon Bullard, Evan Williams, Kitan Oladapo and I will even throw in Edgerrin Cooper, our pass defense just got a lot better, as did our second tier run support.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
New DC, Xavier McKinney, healthy Stokes, Javon Bullard, Evan Williams, Kitan Oladapo and I will even throw in Edgerrin Cooper, our pass defense just got a lot better, as did our second tier run support.
We are not going to recognize this D. I don't recall ever seeing such a systematic overhaul of a defense in just 3 months.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that Ted was suffering at that time but despite his health struggles, he spent a 3rd round pick on a more athletic LB in Burks. What's Gute's excuse ? I get it that every GM misses picks but overreaching is a great way to miss them and not give yourself much of a chance to succeed in that pick.
For the record… Oren Burks was drafted in 2018… this was Gute’s first draft …. not Thompson.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As we head into the 7th round with 2 more picks. Some guys I am surprised are still there and some that might be there at 245 & 255.
DBs- Devonshire, Sheppard, King, Taylor& Brown. LB- Jacobs. OL- Greenfield, Cohen & Crum N.Thomas. DT- Taylor & Randolph.
It has been a long day I apologize if any of these guys were already drafted.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I like this pick, and Bucly Brooks enthusiastically agrees with me. He's got physical tools, started 57 games (mostly at T), but needs some development and coaching - which Green Bay can provide better than most NFL teams.

Extremely low RAS score, though - 4.78, which is discouraging, but it's not unusual for Gute to set that aside if he sees something special that could be developed. But they must see something there that shows promoise, and at the very least he'll provide some competition for the young players. Fits Gute's standard pattern for Round 6.
Looks like a guy they try to tuck away on the practice squad and try to develop into a backup guard.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
freaking love the Pratt pick up. I thought he was a fourth/fifth round talent at QB
So did everyone else! I was shocked because I assumed he was already gone and I hadn't noticed. Loved seeing that highlight reel; this guy is a player.

Bucky Brooks is tickled pink with this pick. Says that with Green Bay, it's highly likely Pratt will go on to start and win games in the NFL, because he's got better tools than many other QBs who have done so despite being picked late.

Members online

No members online now.