2024 draft discussion thread

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Starting this now as I may not be able to in an hour. Use this for your hopes, dreams, and general discussion. We can generate individual player threads as they get picked.
For now I put the chance of the Packers actually choosing a player tonight at around 74.8% with about a 60% chance it is actually pick #25.
If they pick tonight it is about 1 in 7 chance it is for the offense.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starting this now as I may not be able to in an hour. Use this for your hopes, dreams, and general discussion. We can generate individual player threads as they get picked.
For now I put the chance of the Packers actually choosing a player tonight at around 74.8% with about a 60% chance it is actually pick #25.
If they pick tonight it is about 1 in 7 chance it is for the offense.
Not sure whether you're being facetious with your calculations, but if I had to guess, I'd say those numbers are as good a guess as anything!

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am thinking that if anything, we will be moving up. This reminds me of 2009 when we double dipped in the first round. I am hoping for quality over quantity.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They all have some good, some bad. I do HATE Mel kiper though..so probably won't watch espn much.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jesus, they STILL don't have their minds made up???? Leave it to the Bears.

Seriously; they may actually be getting serioujs offers at the moment. I think they said they wouldn't consder any trads until they were on thenclock.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It floors me that the first 4 or 5 teams take this long to pick!! Any trades should be agreed upon before they hit the clock!!!

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I plan on doing an Amish plus if you were GM posts. When the Packers are on the clock I will guess who I think GB will pick ala Amish contest and I will also say who I would pick if I were GM. I hope a few of you join me.

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi everyone - I have returned! Was in a different thread and was wondering why no one else was there - lol

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RIP, Caleb Williams. What a career you might have had, if you hadn't been abducted by Bears.

Actually, the Bears may have already started the process of ruining the poor bastard. Bears safety Jaylon Johnson was in the press a month ago, warning Williams to "leave all that Hollywood stuff back in California, and humble yourself when you enter this room. don't be thinking you'lll be telling all these people who've been here for years what's what".

Not that Williams had been high-steppin' or playing the big shot in the media - he hadn't done anything. Johnson just felt it would be important to shoot his mouth off and keep the new quarterback in his place before he was even drafted.

Can you imagine a Packer veteran pulling that crap?

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Caleb Williams has two monster things working against him....who drafted him for sure. BUT the bigger issue is his maturity. The Bears won't be able to destroy him if he continues to be a child like young man....

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, Atlanta surprises with QB Penix Jr pick. Will be 24 in 2 weeks and Cousins just signed to a 4 yr fully guaranteed deal. Questioning this one...

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a smart move for Atlanta, and a lucky break for Penix. They're one of the very few early teams who can afford to spend as much as a couple of years raising him up right.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Odunze has been my favorite WR since last year when he said he was going back for one more year.....now he went to the only team I cannot cheer for his success.....sucks

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fellas....Gute is sitting there and his top DL, Edge and CB are still out there.....how long will he fight the itch? How high is one of those guys on his board?

This could get interesting....Jets likely going Olu I bet unless Bowers.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Longer this goes the more of a chance we trade up for Q though!
If Williams and Odunze live up to their hype I kinda hope we do.

So far no real surprises except the lack of trades...oops didn't realize the Jets vikings trade. Great for the Jets.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Williams and Odunze live up to their hype I kinda hope we do.

So far no real surprises except the lack of trades...oops didn't realize the Jets vikings trade. Great for the Jets.
Won money on the McCarthy trade calling the pick. :)

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems stupid to give up picks to move up 1 spot for a guy you could have had at your own spot!

Members online

Latest posts