2023 TNF shout box thread vs Motown kitty cats.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought out O-line was supposed to be deep/a strength. It was a given that Bahk was done and frankly expecting Jenkins to be contributing much at this point was very hopeful.
This was the worst performance by our offensive line in a long time. I am thinking of those 2 Niner games in MLF's first season. We were not just stopped. We were destroyed. And not only the interior 5 but the TEs. Recall the backward pass for an 11 yard loss. They were in the backfield the instant Love got the snap. That is how bad it was. And then Love had to make a left handed toss to gain all of one yard. WOW!

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love needs some more work on his passing!MFL tell management we need so “TALENT” on the O’line NOW!!!!!
Does Bakh have ANY trade value right now? I mean, maybe we could get a 12 pack of tacos or something to help beef up the line.

Last edited:

MichiganSportsTalk

Lions fan for longer than I can remember
Reaction score
Actually, the Lions had more penalties than us for a change. I think this was our lowest this season so far. But then if you cannot bock anyone or tackle anyone they do not flag you.

What do you mean for a change?

Over the last 10 games:
Lions - 57 for 534, more calls against in 5 games
Packers - 61 for 508, more calls against in 5

Pretty balanced.

Last 5 games:
Lions - 31 for 300, had more in 4 games
Packers - 21 for 197, had more in 1 game

Less balanced, lol.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I think the entire O line including the TEs were ran over by a freight train tonight. Recall that game in AZ in 2015 I think when we had most if our line out and Rodgers had to run for his life.
Our TE's and WR's are pitiful blockers. This offense really misses Lazard and Lewis.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Young guys will make some great plays and some not so great plays.
I did not think it was a bad play by either. Love looked like he was going to have to run left to avoid the rush and so Doubs saw that and broke for the left corner where he would have been open and Love would see him. Love, on the other hand, was able to throw the ball surrounded by all those rushers, and put it in a place where Doubs had been and would have stayed open. Just bad luck imho.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did not think it was a bad play by either. Love looked like he was going to have to run left to avoid the rush and so Doubs saw that and broke for the left corner where he would have been open and Love would see him. Love, on the other hand, was able to throw the ball surrounded by all those rushers, and put it in a place where Doubs had been and would have stayed open. Just bad luck imho.
Doubs should have recognized that if he continued his route he would be open. Love recognized it. Maybe Doubs afraid to go over the middle?

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the entire O line including the TEs were ran over by a freight train tonight.
Watching on TV, the Lions line looked bigger and stronger than our guys. Tom Grossi said we are a finesse team. There are certain teams that can punch us in the mouth, and the Lions are one of them. It's Gute's responsibility to stock the lines. Which he needs to do if we're going to be a run first team. Or even if we're not.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching on TV, the Lions line looked bigger and stronger than our guys. Tom Grossi said we are a finesse team. There are certain teams that can punch us in the mouth, and the Lions are one of them. It's Gute's responsibility to stock the lines. Which he needs to do if we're going to be a run first team. Or even if we're not.
Or a run stop team.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Over the last 10 games:

Pretty balanced.

Last 5 games:

Less balanced, lol.

Over the last 10 games:

Pretty balanced.

Last 5 games:

Less balanced, lol.
I was referring to this season against the first three opponents. The Lions have committed less penalties for less yardage in Weeks 1-3 than the young undisciplined Packers. The Lions could not have beaten the Chiefs if they put up the 80-90 yards in flags like us. Heck, against the Saints we had 75 in the first half. Now if you look at the last 20 years as a team the Lions were notorious for yellow. And the Packers had their share but not as much.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree which is why I always harped about getting more Gilbert Brown, Grady Alderman types on the D line for years and then on obvious passing downs you substitute. Back when we had KGB 20 years ago he never was on the field an entire series especially in short yardage situations. If course we were 4-3 back then and put our corners up at the line. With that said even with a finesse team you can still stop the run. It means getting off the ball quicker.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dexter Lawrence would have been a nice addition!
It boggles my mind that guys like Myers and Newman..who struggle every game..continue to be put out there. Walker struggled as well..you have a 6'9" 340 lb guy sitting on the bench..USE HIM!
This defense was supposed to be helping the offense stay in the game..they played guy for 1 series! Is this the worst conditioned team in the nfl?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow 4th straight win over Packers, really pitiful to lose like this at home, looks like no more advantage here… well REPLAY signing off…
The 4th straight stuff does not bother me. The Lions have not been a true competitive opponent to the Packers in like 60 years. Look at the All time records against each other even when Barry Sanders was there. That finally is changing. Our rivals that brought out the streaks in those 6 decades were the Vikings and Bears. They have won divisions aside from us. Look at how long it took to pass the Bears in head to head wins. These streaks go in cycles and for the Lions it has been a long cycle. And how long can they remain up there? How many head coaches have they had? They may be a great team right now but history is not on their side.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was the worst performance by our offensive line in a long time. I am thinking of those 2 Niner games in MLF's first season. We were not just stopped. We were destroyed. And not only the interior 5 but the TEs. Recall the backward pass for an 11 yard loss. They were in the backfield the instant Love got the snap. That is how bad it was. And then Love had to make a left handed toss to gain all of one yard. WOW!
Tampa games and Chargers games along with a game against the Broncos come to mind. Those were also terrible games for the oline as well.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dexter Lawrence would have been a nice addition!
It boggles my mind that guys like Myers and Newman..who struggle every game..continue to be put out there. Walker struggled as well..you have a 6'9" 340 lb guy sitting on the bench..USE HIM!
This defense was supposed to be helping the offense stay in the game..they played guy for 1 series! Is this the worst conditioned team in the nfl?
^Played good for 1 series..damn auto guess.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tampa games and Chargers games along with a game against the Broncos come to mind. Those were also terrible games for the oline as well.
The Bronco game came at a time when we were like 6-0 and there D was at the top of the league. We expected an onslaught but their speed was too much. And the Charger game we were like 8-1 and just were totally unprepared that day. The Jets game last year was a pathetic performance. But because THEIR offense was so bad as well the score was still 3-3 at halftime and the pain did not set in right away. Tampa did smother us after the first quarter. I believe we had a 10-0 lead in that one.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
The 4th straight stuff does not bother me. The Lions have not been a true competitive opponent to the Packers in like 60 years. Look at the All time records against each other even when Barry Sanders was there. That finally is changing. Our rivals that brought out the streaks in those 6 decades were the Vikings and Bears. They have won divisions aside from us. Look at how long it took to pass the Bears in head to head wins. These streaks go in cycles and for the Lions it has been a long cycle. And how long can they remain up there? How many head coaches have they had? They may be a great team right now but history is not on their side.
I hope your right, and we don’t replace the Lions as the North division bottom feeders, with the Bears and Queens

Members online

Latest posts