2023 Home opener v Saints shout box thread

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I just cannot agree...back up qb lol...worst best 2-1 team lol. Carr stays in and L by 30. Addition by subtraction sometimes. Good to see Love have late confidence though. Not an elite D at all. We lost to the Falcons ffs get real.
Carr had one penalty aided TD drive and that was early. Where was he going to get all these points from? Unless the defense scored he wasn't going to do it.

nicktide256

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How as a Packer fan you allow an opposing player to jump into the stands and then pat him on the back or anywhere else you could get your hand is beyond me. If I’m there, he gets met with a body block to knock his A** back on the field where it belongs
I agree. What the hell where the fans there thinking?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Winston threw 5 tds vs the team as a true starter

but you feel he isnt starter
I don't think there is much doubt that Winston is a better than average back-up, but obviously Carr is the better QB of the 2. Carr leaving the game was a boost to the Packers, I think both on the field and in the head.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Speaking of which. Why was Nixon returning punts later in the game?
Good question. Reed didn't appear to be hurt. Could be they were hoping that Nixon might break one all the way or since they knew they would be shifting to a no huddle, throwing offense, they wanted Reed safe and fresh?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good question. Reed didn't appear to be hurt. Could be they were hoping that Nixon might break one all the way or since they knew they would be shifting to a no huddle, throwing offense, they wanted Reed safe and fresh?
Yeah, I think just more potential to break one.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO an already weird season is most likely going to get weirder. Play 3 really good quarters and a bad 4th Q vs. ATL and lose. Play 3 pretty bad quarters and a great 4th against N.O. and win. After watching the Bears yesterday I refuse to ever bring that game up again as any type of barometer.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Something I just read, a very encouraging intangible. In his press conference after the game, MLF talked about Loves poise and leadership. He talked about how in the fourth quarter Love was up and down the bench encouraging his teammates. I remember in past years in such situations Rodgers would be seen sitting on the bench by himself sulking. The future is bright.
Yep, that's a page from Favre's book.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
IMO an already weird season is most likely going to get weirder. Play 3 really good quarters and a bad 4th Q vs. ATL and lose. Play 3 pretty bad quarters and a great 4th against N.O. and win. After watching the Bears yesterday I refuse to ever bring that game up again as any type of barometer.
Agree.

I think this is what we are going to get all season, from a very young team, especially a team that right now needs a M*A*S*H unit for its starters. Some young teams might have folded up like a cheap tent yesterday, not this team. They fought back, made some really key plays and stole a win.

The 2 guys that have shown quite a bit of consistency are Love and Anders. Sure, Love has missed a few passes, but for a first year starter, he's impressed me. Anders is perfect on all his kicks

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any video? Or pictures?

From a guy who had ties to the team

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Are you asking me if I took video of my TV screen in 1996? Honestly, it doesn't matter to me one way or the other if you think he ever rallied his teammates. Looks like whoever replied to that texts seems to remember it to. Not sure what you're wanting here.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you asking me if I took video of my TV screen in 1996? Honestly, it doesn't matter to me one way or the other if you think he ever rallied his teammates. Looks like whoever replied to that texts seems to remember it to. Not sure what you're wanting here.
No biggie

I dont recall him ever doing it. Was just surprised someone saw him do it

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No biggie

I dont recall him ever doing it. Was just surprised someone saw him do it
I just specifically remember him walking down the bench in a close game pumping guys up and getting them excited probably in the mid 90's somewhere.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I remember Favre as a high energy guy, on the field and on the sidelines. Now maybe later in his career, he tempered it down a bit, but he was still a guy with a ton of energy during a game.

I don't fault Rodgers for his low key approach, it is what worked for him and he usually got the job done. Should he have been running up and down the sidelines, high fiving and encouraging the younger guys? Maybe, but again, Rodgers seemed to want to be more of a Leader in control or Leader by example.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I remember Favre as a high energy guy, on the field and on the sidelines. Now maybe later in his career, he tempered it down a bit, but he was still a guy with a ton of energy during a game.

I don't fault Rodgers for his low key approach, it is what worked for him and he usually got the job done. Should he have been running up and down the sidelines, high fiving and encouraging the younger guys? Maybe, but again, Rodgers seemed to want to be more of a Leader in control or Leader by example.
So odd. I don't recall him being a rah rah guy on sideline. Now, him talking **** and having fun, yes.