2023 Home opener v Saints shout box thread

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I was at work for most of the day. When I looked at my phone at halftime I thought we were cooked and when I got home I seen we just scored the TD and two pt conversion.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn the fish get 70pts I love it run that score up, teams can’t complain about high score, “Stop Them” and get some pts I wish we could hit 50 on a team, but Packers are too nice for that..

I don't think coaches are going to treat Sean Payton nicely this season after his offseason comments related to another coach (true or not)

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you think about this season as education and training for an incredibly young team, this was an amazing game. So many guys out; botched execution and Love's variable accuracy giving way to resolve and rhythm is something these guys can lean on going forward. Same thing regarding the defense: they were needed, they delivered, and now both sides of the ball can move forward with history and confidence. Special teams....ehh, let's hope Bisaccia can bring the wood on these guys.
Only disagreement I have with your post is with the defense. Again gave up a long scoring drive at the end of the half, then allowed the saints to get into game-winning field goal position on three plays. Otherwise, this is how it is with a young team. Last week and this week? At least until later when they get together, we should stock up on the antacid

Don Barclay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only disagreement I have with your post is with the defense. Again gave up a long scoring drive at the end of the half, then allowed the saints to get into game-winning field goal position on three plays. Otherwise, this is how it is with a young team. Last week and this week? At least until later when they get together, we should stock up on the antacid
I definitely hear you and can agree - but even with all the caveats, the D giving up only 10 points total and none in the second half, is still something the offense will be able to put in the memory bank. Really good for confidence and hanging tough if they're struggling. I mean, 10 points is great in pretty much any context!

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Defense gave up 279 yards. Did not have Alexander, and did not have Campbell and Valentine in the 2nd half. I think they showed well today. They get a stud in my report.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
My only caveat on giving the defense too much credit, once Carr got knocked out, their job became much easier.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just cannot agree...back up qb lol...worst best 2-1 team lol. Carr stays in and L by 30. Addition by subtraction sometimes. Good to see Love have late confidence though. Not an elite D at all. We lost to the Falcons ffs get real.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Something I just read, a very encouraging intangible. In his press conference after the game, MLF talked about Loves poise and leadership. He talked about how in the fourth quarter Love was up and down the bench encouraging his teammates. I remember in past years in such situations Rodgers would be seen sitting on the bench by himself sulking. The future is bright.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have to admit that was 3 quarters of putrid stink.

As bad as the 1st quarter looked, I think people pulling their hair out and giving up on the game at half time is understandable. Doing "This is the 70s" and throwing in the towel on the season is comically premature. But, then again, all fan bases do the "Its over, fire everyone and burn the stadium down"

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I just cannot agree...back up qb lol...worst best 2-1 team lol. Carr stays in and L by 30. Addition by subtraction sometimes. Good to see Love have late confidence though. Not an elite D at all. We lost to the Falcons ffs get real.
Hey

When pack last faced Winston he had 5 TD . And that was with Aaron starting

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
You have to admit that was 3 quarters of putrid stink.
A friend of mine has season tickets, he takes his wife or me. He took her today and she convinced him to leave after the 3rd Q. :eek::eek::eek:

I told him to report his wife for spousal abuse and that she can never again complain about him...being too quick in bed again, ever!