2023 round 3 pick #78: Tucker Kraft TE

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Word is that after his combine workout his bum ankle tightened up and showed a lot of swelling. Could be a chronic condition? Still, he's going to be worth the risk to someone soon.

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a 2nd TE and neither is Washington?
Sounds like Washington may have a medical (foot) issue that's scaring teams off, plus despite his athleticism, he wasn't utilized consistently in the UGA passing game

I think MLF told Gute he wanted two TEs that could mirror each other in 12 personnel packages-Musgrave & Kraft could do that

I like Washington alot but i'm cool with who we got

Kraft looks like a nice small-school player that will see a role in the scheme

Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pretty good take on him. He’s the TE version of Christian Watson. Occasional Dropsies because he tries to do too much. Minor refinement needed in some areas

He’s a baller. He got overlooked because he’s young and he missed most of last season with a foot injury. However he came back right where he left off. Dominant

Last edited:
Reaction score
Starting to wonder about Gute and his fascination for Tight Ends at the end of the night on Day 2.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
There’s another pattern. The last two 3rd Rounders selected at 78 or earlier are Morgan Burnette and James Jones, so we’ve got that going for us.
Let the curse be lifted !

The cutoff must be 79! :laugh:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Kraft is one of my favorite prospects in this class. I think he can become in reality what everyone expects Michael Mayer to be. He obviously has the jump up from the FCS, but he has the frame and talent to make the jump.

I love the move. He's going to break the 3rd round curse.

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They had Rodgers for 15 years, and waited until he left to draft a bunch of receivers? You know he could throw the ball pretty well, right?
And the funny thing is-with 9 picks on Day 3 they're prolly not done yet adding pass-catchers

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They had Rodgers for 15 years, and waited until he left to draft a bunch of receivers? You know he could throw the ball pretty well, right?
I mean they've drafted 2nd-3rd round pass carchers plenty over the last decade n a half. Not gonna stop people from bringing up they weren't selected in round 1 6 months from now

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TE for us has never been able to eclipse Jermichael Finley since he had to call it quits. Maybe they became a critical part of the offense now particularly on 3rd down. Bubba Franks, Keith Jackson, Mark Chmura.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2nd-3rd round wrs and tight ends drafted during Rodgers tenure
Nelson
Jennings
Cobb
Adams
Watson
Jones
Finley

That doesn't include the not as good or bad
Amari and Richard Rodgers
Segura
Sternberger
Murphy

Reaction score
I really love this pick. He was actually one of my favorite TE prospects in the class, despite not getting as much attention as some of the others, very athletic (9.58 RAS), and great at both receiving and blocking, which makes him one of, if not the most, well rounded tight ends and one of the most athletic.

He was the one guy I was hoping we would get as I was watching the 3rd round of the draft.

Reaction score
Kraft is one of my favorite prospects in this class. I think he can become in reality what everyone expects Michael Mayer to be. He obviously has the jump up from the FCS, but he has the frame and talent to make the jump.

I love the move. He's going to break the 3rd round curse.
Yeah he’s really a solid floor.
I think his floor Receiving (once up to speed) is in that Tonyan range. If he adapts he could be really good as both a blocker and Receiving and on a better level than Bobbie Tonyan. Not a big surprise here Bobbie Tonyan wasn’t a Top 100 selection either.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Kraft’s dad died when he was 11. His single mom fought an autoimmune disease his whole childhood. He played for one of the greatest people in coaching John Stiegelmeier. He dominated. He’s a plus plus athlete. He’s tough as nails. He turned down $100K+ from Alabama to transfer.

Any prospect can bust.

Except this one. He literally can’t bust.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2nd-3rd round wrs and tight ends drafted during Rodgers tenure
Nelson
Jennings
Cobb
Adams
Watson
Jones
Finley

That doesn't include the not as good or bad
Amari and Richard Rodgers
Segura
Sternberger
Murphy
He also inherited Donald Driver and Donald Lee from the Favre era.