2023 53 Man Roster Speculation...

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's tough to "like" a comment when there is one sentence in it that you can't agree with. Above, I am planning on making the playoffs until I'm proven wrong. The trenches have to hold up their part of the deal and we'll be good imo.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
It's tough to "like" a comment when there is one sentence in it that you can't agree with. Above, I am planning on making the playoffs until I'm proven wrong. The trenches have to hold up their part of the deal and we'll be good imo.
I don't think the Packers would disagree with you, that the goal is to make the playoffs. However, I think Gute and company know that this isn't the year to go all in, by mortgaging the cap future and signing guys just for 1 year to do so. Paying too much for a vet QB, would be such a move IMO.

Rodgers is gone, and along with him went 4 pieces of the offense (Lazard, Cobb, Tonyan and Lewis). Gute addressed those 4 losses via the draft and the loss of Rodgers via the 2020 draft. Making the playoffs is ultimately the goal for every team, but being smart about the future is important too.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the Packers would disagree with you, that the goal is to make the playoffs. However, I think Gute and company know that this isn't the year to go all in, by mortgaging the cap future and signing guys just for 1 year to do so. Paying too much for a vet QB, would be such a move IMO.

Rodgers is gone, and along with him went 4 pieces of the offense (Lazard, Cobb, Tonyan and Lewis). Gute addressed those 4 losses via the draft and the loss of Rodgers via the 2020 draft. Making the playoffs is ultimately the goal for every team, but being smart about the future is important too.
I wasn't talking about goals. And honestly, I don't think those four pieces of the puzzle are a make or break situation. I think the trenches will decide things. Right now I think we can win. Rodgers was not successful last year imo, for whatever reasons. I'm looking forward to us doing some winning.

Reaction score
I could give a kumbaya speech right about here, but I'd rather know how you can afford $40 a bottle wine when you're like me, and can only afford Two-Buck Chuck? ;)
I always go for the high priced beverages when it’s a virtual drink offer. Thanks, The thought of you singing made me “Blush”
It’s a Cheap Wine joke sorry! :tup:

Reaction score
Old School you are definitely glass half full when it comes to your Packers. I must admit I am glass half empty when it comes to the 2023 GB Packers. I am a very plain person. No whine for me. All I need is a cold Miller-Lite. I do appreciate the offer though.
Oh I see.. you’re welcome. How about I send you a coupon for Bud light?:laugh:

I think Savage kinda sucks if that helps. I Never could understand the fascination with Sterling Shepherd either as an added bonus. He just got signed by LA so congrats to him he was a good returner last season in the XFL so it shows you what I don’t know.

I’ll just try better to be more vocal about players I don’t like for you and maybe randomly demean a player we sign to show you I really do care :)

Last edited:
Reaction score

Yes. Always trying to stay relevant and Win is the goal. However I think it’s a season of lowered expectations and cleaning up the Cap some combined with picking in the draft earlier To mid rounds wouldn’t hurt us. We might have 10+ more draft picks and 2 Day1’s and a pair of 4th Rounders etc. The logical approach in planning for the future is grabbing a couple of good players in FA next season (If Love looks decent). If Love works out 2024 to 2025 could be a very quick rebound to make a deep playoff run.

Don’t get me wrong. I’d be totally amazed to qualify for postseason, that would make everyone eat total crow. I’m sure you guys have noticed.. there’s quite of few non Packer supporters piling on right now and snickering at us. We’ve been good for so long, it’s almost like their pathetic wish for us to suck for once :laugh:

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. Always trying to stay relevant and Win is the goal. However I think it’s a season of lowered expectations and cleaning up the Cap some combined with picking in the draft earlier To mid rounds wouldn’t hurt us. We might have 10+ more draft picks and 2 Day1’s and a pair of 4th Rounders etc. The logical approach in planning for the future is grabbing a couple of good players in FA next season (If Love looks decent). If Love works out 2024 to 2025 could be a very quick rebound to make a deep playoff run.

Don’t get me wrong. I’d be totally amazed to qualify for postseason, that would make everyone eat total crow. I’m sure you guys have noticed.. there’s quite of few non Packer supporters piling on right now and snickering at us. We’ve been good for so long, it’s almost like their pathetic wish for us to suck for once :laugh:
Imagine a doomsday scenario, where Love gets hurt early in the season, and the Packers end up with 3 wins, and the #1 pick in the draft. Here's some possible players you could grab. Think about the Packers having two first rounders at that point.

Just a little something to take your minds off what could be a horrible season, and a bright side because of it.

1. Caleb Williams, QB, USC
2. Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State
3. Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia
4. Olu Fashanu, T, Penn State
5. Joe Alt, T, Notre Dame
6. Drake Maye, QB, North Carolina
7. Jared Verse, DE, Florida State
8. Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
9. Dallas Turner, OLB, Alabama
10. Maason Smith, DT, LSU
11. JT Tuimoloau, DE, Ohio State
12. Jeremiah Trotter Jr., LB, Clemson
13. Michael Hall Jr., DT, Ohio State
14. JC Latham, OT, Alabama
15. Emeka Egbuka, WR, Ohio State
16. Michael Penix Jr., QB, Washington
17. Denzel Burke, CB, Ohio State
18. Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas
19. Rome Odunze, WR, Washington
20. Zion Tupuola-Fetui, Edge, Washington

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Imagine a doomsday scenario, where Love gets hurt early in the season, and the Packers end up with 3 wins, and the #1 pick in the draft. Here's some possible players you could grab. Think about the Packers having two first rounders at that point.

Just a little something to take your minds off what could be a horrible season, and a bright side because of it.

1. Caleb Williams, QB, USC
2. Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State
3. Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia
4. Olu Fashanu, T, Penn State
5. Joe Alt, T, Notre Dame
6. Drake Maye, QB, North Carolina
7. Jared Verse, DE, Florida State
8. Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
9. Dallas Turner, OLB, Alabama
10. Maason Smith, DT, LSU
11. JT Tuimoloau, DE, Ohio State
12. Jeremiah Trotter Jr., LB, Clemson
13. Michael Hall Jr., DT, Ohio State
14. JC Latham, OT, Alabama
15. Emeka Egbuka, WR, Ohio State
16. Michael Penix Jr., QB, Washington
17. Denzel Burke, CB, Ohio State
18. Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas
19. Rome Odunze, WR, Washington
20. Zion Tupuola-Fetui, Edge, Washington
While I don't want Love to get hurt, rather finish 3-14 and get the first pick in every round VS 8-9, miss the playoffs and pick 13th in every round. But that is just me.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I don't want Love to get hurt, rather finish 3-14 and get the first pick in every round VS 8-9, miss the playoffs and pick 13th in every round. But that is just me.
If Love ain't the answer, then picking #@1 and getting Caleb Williams (at this point, probably the best QB available) would be a great consolation prize.

Reaction score
I can see that. I suppose it depends on how we lost those games. If we went 9-8 and had 5 lost games lost by 4 points then I’m totally good picking top 20.
My fear is if we win 3 games and looked terrible on Offense we’re possibly picking at QB again. Although we’d get the best QB in the draft so there’s that.

Reaction score
If Love ain't the answer, then picking #@1 and getting Caleb Williams (at this point, probably the best QB available) would be a great consolation prize.
Exactly what I wrote before I read that.

I had mentioned it earlier this season. Our worst case scenario doesn’t sound that bad. If we’re picking top 5 we also have 2 Day 1’s to move up

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a personal opinion, but I think Williams is going to be one heckuva good NFL QB. He's a 5-tool athlete.

Reaction score
The ideal scenario is we go 5-12 but 10 of 12 losses are by just 1 score (we should’ve won 7-8) Then we select top 5 area in every round. We trade our #5 and #37 and move up and get Marvin at #3 overall

I’d LOVE to have Harrison Jr.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Or if Love is the answer, dealing that #1 pick to a QB needy team for a bevy of high draft picks, now THAT is even more appealing. I love a lot of big heavy darts on draft day.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
His Floor is near the bottom of the Roof.
Yup

If I am going to draft a WR in the first round, I am first seeing what OSU has. That school is a WR factory and Harrison Jr. is a thoroughbred. I wonder if he had been able to declare for the 2023 draft, where he would have been taken? Top 10 or top 15 perhaps. It will be interesting to see how his 3rd and probably final season goes. With McCord being the Buckeyes likely starting QB, Harrison is going to see a lot of passes. If the OL can give McCord decent protection, those 2 are going to light it up.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A long way to go. I like the other Buckeye receiver very much. IMO he could be had with the Jets pick. The GB pick which IMO will be higher could be used to fill another need.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting I don’t recall that at all. I did think Sammy Watkins would play better than he did I’ll give you that I was totally wrong on him.
I am normally more optimistic though, so it’s not hard finding posts with that theme. I wouldn’t be entirely ashamed if I guessed high.

I’ll tell you what. I’ll just say I was oh so wrong about last year to save us both the trouble.
I wouldn’t admit I’m entirely wrong for anyone but you. I’m feeling good today and God is just moving amazingly in my life like you wouldn’t believe. I actually like you Shultz.. consider it an olive branch or me pouring a rare, fine bottle of wine unexpectedly. Tip your glass Sir this is a Red Blend, 2007 Veritas Vineyards V1 Reserve. 30% Cabernet Sauvignon, 60% Merlot, 10% Petit Verdot and the year was one in a hundred chances that can’t be replicated. It’s the best Wine I’ve ever had and I’d be honored to share with a diehard Packer Brother.
who drugged u...bill? hmm...i know he is involved in this somehow...

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like our depth in most positions, will see how it goes.

Also, and maybe I just missed it haha, but how do you give someone rep on here?You know liking their posts and such. Have to get to a certain number of posts or something? Again, I probably just missed something haha, thanks.
by pulling the merv griffin set out of the dumpster you attain associate status...

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I like our depth in most positions, will see how it goes.

Also, and maybe I just missed it haha, but how do you give someone rep on here?You know liking their posts and such. Have to get to a certain number of posts or something? Again, I probably just missed something haha, thanks.
I think it is like 25 posts. @Shaggy just redid the moderator palatial estates and pub and I misplaced the stickies that had the rules on stuff like this from my monitor during the move to the penthouse suites.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it is like 25 posts. @Shaggy just redid the moderator palatial estates and pub and I misplaced the stickies that had the rules on stuff like this from my monitor during the move to the penthouse suites.
Do you suffer from nosebleeds that high up? Asking for a friend. ;)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Might have been posted elsewhere but Rookies DuBose and McDonald were put on the NFI list.

"According to the official NFL transaction wire, the Packers placed OLB Rashan Gary, CB Eric Stokes, C Jake Hanson and WR Jeff Cotton on the physically unable to perform list to start camp and WR Grant DuBose and TE Camren McDonald on the non-football injury list"

Members online

Latest posts