2023 53 Man Roster Speculation...

D

Deleted member 6794

Zero clue on the 2024 front until the 2023 plays out. If Love comes out slinging it well, Packers very well could explode into that realm of possibility. I fully expect if not, and Bakh still wants to play a relocation is in his future and he will embrace it even.

Even if the young players develop as hoped I don't expect the Packers to become a legit Super Bowl contender until the 2025 season. That might be too late for Bakhtiari to stay with the team.

Is there any fan who wouldn’t want the top of any position group strong? See how I similarly responded with a such feeble attempt at shaming. ;)

Captain. If I recall correctly this is a forum and its contents are a massive amount of posts based on pure opinion. Do we need to supply you with proof of every last opinion? Have I ever asked you for proof when you say “I’m convinced” (which is your trademark) about anything? I’ll answer that for you. No I haven’t and if every opinion in here required concrete proof.. it wouldn’t be opinion and we wouldn’t need a forum. It would be just a blog of facts with no ability to reply.

I'm absolutely fine with you having an opinion, you should accept that other posters might disagree with it though. I was trying to make a point that there's no reason to get excited about the bottom of the depth chart being strong as you suggested as most of the players being ranked lower than fourth won't get a lot of snaps anyway.

Where was he?

I was on vacation for the last two weeks. While I have posted while being away in the past I didn't feel like it this time around.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hear ya. I was starting to feel the same way but then I remembered what my grandaddy use to say.

Reaction score
I was trying to make a point that there's no reason to get excited about the bottom of the depth chart being strong as you suggested as most of the players being ranked lower than fourth won't get a lot of snaps anyway.
I agree with that.

Sorry but I’m excited about every player that makes the roster it’s a major feat. Making an NFL roster is super important and it isn’t easy and this years WR battle at the bottom is really good. We’re talking about a guy like Samorie or Wicks and those guys could end up being very good players in the long haul.

In addition, there’s often an injury and WR #5 becomes #4 or #3 pretty fast when it happens. We saw how important it was at RB3 in 2010 with Starks as example of the depth chart moving hard. Starks got his chance and became a mainstay player annd that excites me as much as RB1. Every player is just 1-2 injuries away from being a starter or a playoff surprise.

Last edited:

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem with Stokes is Joe Barry's soft coverages. Stokes and Alexander are good man to man DB's. Playing zone just takes them out of matchups where their likelihood if success is high to a poor matchup.
Guys that shine as rookies are usually top talents because they do well even though they're inexperienced. Stokes could be a star in the NFL but not with Joe Barry.
Stop making sense. Barry is a serious bum. I have a realistic outlook for this year - 6 wins...1-5 vs NFC North...or possibly 2-4. Keep hearing the media talking heads say beware of the new pack. This head coach needs to stop with the blind loyalty. We saw it w the hamburglar, and it doesnt work. This team needs a bonafide DC period. 6-11 is where I see them.

Reaction score
Stop making sense. Barry is a serious bum. I have a realistic outlook for this year - 6 wins...1-5 vs NFC North...or possibly 2-4. Keep hearing the media talking heads say beware of the new pack. This head coach needs to stop with the blind loyalty. We saw it w the hamburglar, and it doesnt work. This team needs a bonafide DC period. 6-11 is where I see them.
There’s definitely a lot of ? Marks. However every season they say this team or that team is so much better. I don’t believe all the NFC North N Teams are that much better. Now they may be a sliver better by default, or maybe one team rises and another falls. However the Packers had a losing record in 2022 and I honestly don’t see our W column changing drastically so how can they all be so much better. We’d have to finish 4-13 or 2-15 and just I doubt it happens. I think we win 6-9 games area. The ~7.5 over/under is spot on imo.

Btw I’m totally ok with 7 Wins. It’s an area that puts us top 10 area in the draft and we’ve got beaucoup draft capital in 2024 with 4 selections in the top 75, 3 in the top 40 from College, 1 in the top 12 and another 6-7 selections in day 3

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I agree with that.

Sorry but I’m excited about every player that makes the roster it’s a major feat. Making an NFL roster is super important and it isn’t easy and this years WR battle at the bottom is really good. We’re talking about a guy like Samorie or Wicks and those guys could end up being very good players in the long haul.

In addition, there’s often an injury and WR #5 becomes #4 or #3 pretty fast when it happens. We saw how important it was at RB3 in 2010 with Starks as example of the deity chart moving hard. Starks got his chance and became a mainstay player annd that excites me as much as RB1. Every player is just 1-2 injuries away from being a starter or a playoff surprise.
Totally agree.

The depth of a team is super important. I doubt any NFL team has ever gone a full season without losing a starter or 2 or 3... for multiple games or even the dreaded season ending injury. As a matter of fact, at lot of positions (WR, DB, OL, RB...) we have seen the Packers bring up PS guys, sign FA's, or raid other teams PS for players. So YES, depth matters at every position, for this season and beyond.

Reaction score
Totally agree.

The depth of a team is super important. I doubt any NFL team has ever gone a full season without losing a starter or 2 or 3... for multiple games or even the dreaded season ending injury. As a matter of fact, at lot of positions (WR, DB, OL, RB...) we have seen the Packers bring up PS guys, sign FA's, or raid other teams PS for players. So YES, depth matters at every position, for this season and beyond.
I get it though it’s not exciting in the immediate to focus on WR4-6. I hate to use the word potential because it’s been overused lately. However I do think this crop of WR as a whole is more gifted than last years 2022 grouping WR1-6 in receiving.
Lazard 788 6TD
Cobb 417 1TD
Watson 611 7TD
Doubs 425 3TD
Watkins 206 yards
Toure 82 yards
Amari 50 yards
Winfree 17 yards

Really underwhelming and our Rookies last season were our #2 and #3 producing leaders.

Now we have
Watson
Doubs
Reed
Wicks
Toure
best of Dubose, Heath, Cotton, Melton, Watts etc

I’ll take Wicks, 2nd year Toure and the best 2 of that bottom over Rookie Toure, Watkins, Rodgers, Winfree

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I get it though it’s not exciting in the immediate to focus on WR4-6. I hate to use the word potential because it’s been overused lately. However I do think this crop of WR as a whole is more gifted than last years 2022 grouping WR1-6 in receiving.
Lazard 788 6TD
Cobb 417 1TD
Watson 611 7TD
Doubs 425 3TD
Watkins 206 yards
Toure 82 yards
Amari 50 yards
Winfree 17 yards

Really underwhelming and our Rookies last season were our #2 and #3 producing leaders.

Now we have
Watson
Doubs
Reed
Wicks
Toure

I’ll take Wicks, 2nd year Toure and the best 2 of that bottom over Rookie Toure, Watkins, Rodgers, Winfree
I like this group of receivers (TE's included) potential more than any of the groups over the last 6 or so seasons. I don't include Adams in those groups, when it comes to potential, he was already a stud when Gute took over.

I feel WR, OL and DB's are 3 groups that you can never be too deep at. Sadly, odds are that 1 or more of Watson, Doubs and Reed will miss games with injuries, so your 4-6 guys need to be able to come in and play well.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Lazard 788 6TD
Cobb 417 1TD
Watson 611 7TD
Doubs 425 3TD
Watkins 206 yards
Toure 82 yards
Amari 50 yards
Winfree 17 yards

Now we have
Watson
Doubs
Reed
Wicks
Toure

Yup and even as far back as 2018, the WR group consisted of Adams, an aged Cobb, an inexperienced Allen Lazard and the 3 rookies (Moore, MVS, EQB) that Gute drafted. Adams and Rodgers made up for a lot of the lack of talent, but most games (not all), when that was shut down by the defense, the offense sputtered.

Reaction score
I like this group of receivers (TE's included) potential more than any of the groups over the last 6 or so seasons. I don't include Adams in those groups, when it comes to potential, he was already a stud when Gute took over.

I feel WR, OL and DB's are 3 groups that you can never be too deep at. Sadly, odds are that 1 or more of Watson, Doubs and Reed will miss games with injuries, so your 4-6 guys need to be able to come in and play well.
It’s a very dynamic year in that we could be really good or really, really bad. It’s like a blind date that your friend said is hot, but your friend looks and sounds like Pee-Wee

Reaction score
I heard he was all alone in a dark theatre what were they doing random spot checks with flashlights? They were in an adult movie theater what did they think they’d find!
Just because he’s grunting and gasping doesn’t mean what you think it means. Is it possible he was innocent and excited about the climactic parts of the film or maybe just filled with emotion and maybe his vulnerability was misinterpreted? :tup:Can you imagine the sound effects? And what was the story with him “prowling” around an adult theatre. Define prowling?? I know at least 3 X gf’s that should be arrested and tried! (Although they were regular theaters and weren’t sure which movie was in which theater #. maybe that doesn’t count)

I’ve been there (drastically misinterpreted that is) just not in a movie theater and nobody caught me. :coffee: Someone needs to stick up for Pee-Wee! Oops! goofed!:eek:

Yup....one bad shot in a movie theatre and the guys career is toast

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lazard 788 6TD
Cobb 417 1TD
Watson 611 7TD
Doubs 425 3TD
Watkins 206 yards
Toure 82 yards
Amari 50 yards
Winfree 17 yards

Now we have
Watson
Doubs
Reed
Wicks
Toure

I don't have the time or knowledge to find the posts, but I am pretty sure at this time last year you were pretty high on that underwhelming group.

Reaction score
I don't have the time or knowledge to find the posts, but I am pretty sure at this time last year you were pretty high on that underwhelming group.
Interesting I don’t recall that at all. I did think Sammy Watkins would play better than he did I’ll give you that I was totally wrong on him.
I am normally more optimistic though, so it’s not hard finding posts with that theme. I wouldn’t be entirely ashamed if I guessed high.

I’ll tell you what. I’ll just say I was oh so wrong about last year to save us both the trouble.
I wouldn’t admit I’m entirely wrong for anyone but you. I’m feeling good today and God is just moving amazingly in my life like you wouldn’t believe. I actually like you Shultz.. consider it an olive branch or me pouring a rare, fine bottle of wine unexpectedly. Tip your glass Sir this is a Red Blend, 2007 Veritas Vineyards V1 Reserve. 30% Cabernet Sauvignon, 60% Merlot, 10% Petit Verdot and the year was one in a hundred chances that can’t be replicated. It’s the best Wine I’ve ever had and I’d be honored to share with a diehard Packer Brother.

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting I don’t recall that at all. I did think Sammy Watkins would play better than he did I’ll give you that I was totally wrong on him.
I am normally more optimistic though, so it’s not hard finding posts with that theme. I wouldn’t be entirely ashamed if I guessed high.

I’ll tell you what. I’ll just say I was oh so wrong about last year to save us both the trouble.
I wouldn’t admit I’m entirely wrong for anyone but you. I’m feeling good today and God is just moving amazingly in my life like you wouldn’t believe. I actually like you Shultz.. consider it an olive branch or me pouring a rare, fine bottle of wine unexpectedly. Tip your glass Sir this is a Red Blend, 2007 Veritas Vineyards V1 Reserve. 30% Cabernet Sauvignon, 60% Merlot, 10% Petit Verdot and the year was one in a hundred chances that can’t be replicated. It’s the best Wine I’ve ever had and I’d be honored to share with a diehard Packer Brother.

I could give a kumbaya speech right about here, but I'd rather know how you can afford $40 a bottle wine when you're like me, and can only afford Two-Buck Chuck? ;)

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Old School you are definitely glass half full when it comes to your Packers. I must admit I am glass half empty when it comes to the 2023 GB Packers. I am a very plain person. No whine for me. All I need is a cold Miller-Lite. I do appreciate the offer though.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Old School you are definitely glass half full when it comes to your Packers. I must admit I am glass half empty when it comes to the 2023 GB Packers. I am a very plain person. No whine for me. All I need is a cold Miller-Lite. I do appreciate the offer though.
As you post, I'm drinking a cold Miller Genuine draft, from a bottle. I keep a couple of 12 pks around all the time.

Kramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like our depth in most positions, will see how it goes.

Also, and maybe I just missed it haha, but how do you give someone rep on here?You know liking their posts and such. Have to get to a certain number of posts or something? Again, I probably just missed something haha, thanks.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Green Bay is rolling with 3 qbs this year I wouldn’t rule out a Wentz bridgewater til after preseason. I wanna see mcgough play. He got some style in his play If he does good in preseason I think he sticks as the third

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think Green Bay is rolling with 3 qbs this year I wouldn’t rule out a Wentz bridgewater til after preseason. I wanna see mcgough play. He got some style in his play If he does good in preseason I think he sticks as the third
I sure hope the Packers don't throw money at a guy like Wentz or Bridgewater. I have to ask "For what purpose would you bring a vet QB in?" I don't think a legit answer would include "to make the playoffs" or to "sell tickets". Jordan Love is the starter and I don't see this team as a playoff team in 2023. So if Love goes down, bring in your #2, which will either be Clifford, McGough or Etling.

My money is on the Packers carrying 2 QB's on the 53 man roster and that will be Love and Clifford. They used a 5th rounder on Clifford, so unless he gets injured or is just a complete whiff, no way do they risk trying to get him on the PS. One of the other 2, will be the PS QB.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts