2022 NFL Live Draft thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tom makes my third called pick in the Amish contest (Doubs got round too). My gut tells me I won’t hit the others but who knows.

I thought about swapping Karlaftis and Wyatt but didn’t Wednesday man that’d been crazy

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL Next Gen Stats "Athleticism scores" for OL:

1. Zach Tom 99
2. Bernhard Raimann 96
3. Trevor Penning 90

2022 OT's by RAS:

1. Matt Waletzko 9.96
2. Trevor Penning 9.95
3. Bernhard Raimann 9.87
4. Kellen Diesch 9.75
5. Abraham Lucas 9.73
6. Zach Tom 9.59

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO he is , but crazy thing is Rhyan and he could be our starting guards or one could be starting RT over Yosh depending.

A TON of the board predicted Watson in the Amish contest

morango

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This pick gives me reservations about Bakh and Jenkins health. Another thing it does is make me think Quay will be used as an edge guy at times.
I agree with the bit about Quay. But I see no implications for the health of Bakh or Jenkins. I think Tom is so versatile and athletic, when he’s ready, he could actually play center and Myers could bump out to right or left guard.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL Next Gen Stats "Athleticism scores" for OL:

1. Zach Tom 99
2. Bernhard Raimann 96
3. Trevor Penning 90

2022 OT's by RAS:

1. Matt Waletzko 9.96
2. Trevor Penning 9.95
3. Bernhard Raimann 9.87
4. Kellen Diesch 9.75
5. Abraham Lucas 9.73
6. Zach Tom 9.59
Another interesting tidbit: in the last 10 years, only 24 OL prospects have ran a sub-4.47 short shuttle (Tom ran 4.47 as well, so I guess that makes 25)
The other 24 combined to start 84% of their career games.
Comps I'm seeing based on RAS (he's projected to be IOL in the NFL, rather than tackle) would be players like Joel Bitonio, Evan Mathis, and Joe Thuney at guard, or Creed Humphrey at Center.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m not opposed given who is out there if Gute wants to package a fifth next year with this year to move up. We need a potential third edge to compete and hopefully beat Garvin…

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Enagbare won't last but T.Smith and/or I. Thomas should be there. They also need some DB depth but there are more decent guys in the 7th round compared to edge rushers.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm surprised both Woolen and McCollum are there still at CB...

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Enagabare, Gunter or even flashy Ali Fayad are intriguing edge guys that could be next pick.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm curious as to what we'll be doing at TE.
Assuming Tonyan's recovery is going well I guess it's not an immediate need for this season, but we'll really need one next year... and at this point there's not many left that I rate particularly highly.

I guess there's probably little-to-no chance to go out and get a deal done for Waller post-draft (at a reasonable price anyways), but hey, a guy can dream...

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm curious as to what we'll be doing at TE.
Assuming Tonyan's recovery is going well I guess it's not an immediate need for this season, but we'll really need one next year... and at this point there's not many left that I rate particularly highly.

I guess there's probably little-to-no chance to go out and get a deal done for Waller post-draft (at a reasonable price anyways), but hey, a guy can dream...

With five guys all with starting or playing time historically in house I felt they weren’t going to force anything. This year you find out more on Tonyan, just who is Tyler Davis or even Mack who is here now…Deguara is starting to click so next year when Lewis is done Tonyan May get deal as starter and I’d look for us to add someone.

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's true, they don't always pan out. There are a few other teams that I look at every year and I'm like, those are all the players we were hoping for pre-draft lol.

I'm pretty onboard with what we've done and I like the players. Like I've said previously, I think they could've gone about it a little differently and it all hinges on whether Quay was worth the pick at 22. It's funny because I was listening to Locked On Packers this morning(never heard the show before) and Peter Bukowski is saying the same thing. We probably should have went with Wyatt at 22 and Watkins at 28 and not given up the picks in the second. We could have grabbed another linebacker later, but I like Quay and I'm rooting for him to be the best linebacker in the class.
I heard that the Patriots were going to pick Quay and I can’t remember the second team mentioned, but I think it was the Saints. He was not getting out of the first round.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I kinda find Calcaterra out of SMU intriguing too but his concussion history is really concerning (To the point that he 'retired' in 2019 for a year after suffering something like 3 concussions in a calendar year)

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud of the draft so far was former Viking Ed Marinaro. For some reason when Ed came out to announce the Viking pick, he seemed to think that the NFL wanted him to do a 20 minute comedy routine. Not only did his jokes fall flat, but they had to send someone out to tell him to read the damn card.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I think this was the Emmy awards speech he never got to give for his role on Hill Street Blues.

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud of the draft so far was former Viking Ed Marinaro. For some reason when Ed came out to announce the Viking pick, he seemed to think that the NFL wanted him to do a 20 minute comedy routine. Not only did his jokes fall flat, but they had to send someone out to tell him to read the damn card.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Dude thought he was still on Hill Street Blues!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brought up Edge but Tycen Anderson from Toledo is still there and I LOVE him as safety in future for us.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys left I like for GB this round.
Enagbare-McKinley- Jo Jo Domann-Ty Anderson-Jobe-Barno-I. Thomas-K. Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online