2016 Playoffs round 1 -- Giants

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Except for the year the defense lead the Packers to a Super Bowl, or 2012 when the defense was good, or just last year when the defense was the only reason the Packers actually made the playoffs. There have only been two seasons since 2010 when the defense was actually BAD; 2011 and 2013.

Yeah your right. Capers has done a fine job. That position definitely doesn't need to be evaluated.

Leonardo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is going to be a tough matchup for the Packers, but I'm pretty confident we're gonna win, this team has been playing very well in the last couple of games and this Giants offense doesn't show anything special only OBJ..

Last edited:

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be great to beat these guys finally. I hate them for 2007 and 2011. It's payback time.

Leonardo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. If there's a team I want to see the Packers beating in a playoff matchup definitely is the New York Giants, it's also the team that I most fear for our chances after 2007 and 2011.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It wouldn't be the first time we flipped an offensive player to defense that did in fact see meaningful snaps. As I recall in fact, I believe TJ Lang played Defensive Tackle in 2010 when our guys up there were dropping like flies that year.

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. If there's a team I want to see the Packers beating in a playoff matchup definitely is the New York Giants, it's also the team that I most fear for our chances after 2007 and 2011.
I hate them as much as some of our divisional rivals.

Squonk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is local weather predicting for game time.? I know it will be cold -- but what about wind speed?

D

Deleted member 6794

In this situation, why not give a look at a vet like Tillman. Nah, smallball Ted, go to the practice squad.

Ask Ted. He's the master of meaningless roster shuffling.
The better question is why not look into Tillman or another vet?

I highly doubt Tillman would be of any help for the Packers defense on Sunday as he doesn´t know the defensive scheme and most likely isn´t in game shape.

At least if he gets in and makes a mistake it'll be at 4.3_ speed! Our current 4.5+ guys are getting slammed for playing too far off/behind the receivers... at least Waters has a chance to stick with or recover.

Waters ran the 40 in 4.51 at his pro day.

Time to move on from big money, low impact players like Matthews and Peppers. Yes I'm calling out Clay. Anybody else tired of him?

I agree that Matthews shouldn´t be back under his current contract next season. His performance doesn´t justify him counting $15.2 million towards the cap in 2017.

It wouldn't be the first time we flipped an offensive player to defense that did in fact see meaningful snaps. As I recall in fact, I believe TJ Lang played Defensive Tackle in 2010 when our guys up there were dropping like flies that year.

You´re right about Lang playing some snaps s an emergency lineman in short-yardage situations due to injuries.

D

Deleted member 6794

Julius Peppers (not injury related), Quinten Rollins and Joe Thomas (back) didn´t practice on Wednesday. Randall Cobb, Jayrone Elliott, T.J. Lang, Nick Perry and Damarious Randall were limited participants.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers have given up the most passing yards over the deep middle of the field this season. Fortunately the Giants don't possess a dominant tight end.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if D. Randall's injury status is tied more into his poor play. Sure he is banged up, but when you are getting yanked out of a game and/or having a bad game, those injuries start "hurting more" in your head.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
It's time we see AR12 vs. TB12, the Super Bowl that should have happened in 2014.

Can you imagine the hype that would surround it? Would be the biggest Super Bowl in recent memory.
Would be the most highly anticipated QB matchup of all time in the Super Bowl.

These two guys have only went head to head once, both guys are universally recognized as the two best at their position in the league today. I'll bet the ratings would blow up if this were to happen.

I'll take a ring any way we can get it, but it would be sweet to beat Tommy and the Pats. If there is an NFL God out there, he'll give us Brady v.s. Rodgers one time. I'm not scared.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Waters ran the 40 in 4.51 at his pro day.
Figured somebody would dispute my post, and yes his draft info. does put Waters at 4.5_ speed. I quick-searched before I posted and found this article, which is where I got 4.3_... but the pro day is more current/accurate.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umia...es-strength-and-speed-numbers-right-here.html

"The second fastest Cane is receiver Herb Waters (4.39 averate, 4.33 fastest), also coming off a knee injury. Swasey said Waters ran a 4.65 average as a freshman."

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
40 times always intrigue me. Sure it's a "measuring tool" of a guys speed and can be compared to another guys speed. However, its one measurement taken on a given day in time, doesn't account for football playing speed and doesn't take into account the status of the player on that given day or extrapolate forward to that players present day speed. Sure, it's a way to separate the "very Fast" from the "very slow", but sometimes I think people put way to much emphasis on it.

Gabe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will come down to if we can run the ball as well as we did against the lion this last week as well... Ripkowski did pretty well compared to other games and that will also probaly have a determining factor if we win or lose the game

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will you still feel this way when the D gives up a game winning TD to start ot?

It depends on how the defense plays. See, there are "reasons" for why portions of a team fail. These "reasons" are important to take into consideration. It's not just automatically the D-coordinators fault for all things bad.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It depends on how the defense plays. See, there are "reasons" for why portions of a team fail. These "reasons" are important to take into consideration. It's not just automatically the D-coordinators fault for all things bad.

Well Wade Phillips is out there. Would've preferred we pick him up.

Members online

No members online now.